1. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 01:12
    @hakima

You will still be twice as interesting as most of the pond life who spend countless hours on these forums, madam!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 08:39
    @blood-on-the-tracks said
    Wow! that's great memory! do you keep notes?
    Isn't it great when you quote back a poster's own words?
    Suzianne would scornfully disagree with you.
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 08:46
    @blood-on-the-tracks said
    Wow! that's great memory! do you keep notes?

Isn't it great when you quote back a poster's own words?

I find they tend to generally ignore it. What else can they do?

Well done
    Thank you.

Accurate memory for conversations is a requirement in some occupations. Similarly noticing when people use other people's words and when they are happy to twist and turn and argue that black is white.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 08:472 edits
    @hakima said

I am curious about my second question. Why did you feel the need to bring my name up in this particular thread? Unless of course you ARE assuming that my friendship with FMF (and divegeester) have any bearing on it at all. In which case, my point likely has bearing and you do carry a chip on your shoulder. That’s too bad.
    I’m afraid you have fallen down the Ghost of a Duke made partisan rabbit hole.

In all the years I’ve been here there have been posters who have enjoyed creating forum-based division, cliques and having a little gang around them. For examples @Red-Night, @Grampy-Bobby, @robbie-carrobie, @Suzianne.

I’m sure there is a psychological pattern.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 08:48
    @divegeester said
    Suzianne would scornfully disagree with you.
    I would actually agree with him, but only if you get them right, which you have shown you don't care to do.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 08:501 edit
    @divegeester said
    I’m afraid you have fallen down the Ghost of a Duke made partisan rabbit hole.

In all the years I’ve been here there have been posters who have enjoyed creating forum-based division, cliques and having a little gang around them. For examples @Red-Night, @Grampy-Bobby, @robbie-carrobie. I’m sure there is a psychological pattern.
    I'm sure there is, and none more infamous than the sealion champion tag-team, @divegeester and @FMF, and your hangers-on.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 08:51
    @relentless-red said
    Accurate memory for conversations is a requirement in some occupations.
    I see, you are appealing to your own professional skills and experience...again.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 08:521 edit
    @suzianne said
    I'm sure there is, and none more infamous than the sealion champion tag-team, @divegeester and @FMF.
    Are you going to be scornful to Relentless Red for remembering his conversation with Hakima? Are you going to accuse him of “keeping notes”?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 08:541 edit
    @suzianne said
    I'm sure there is, and none more infamous than the sealion champion tag-team, @divegeester and @FMF, and your hangers-on.
    Your small but important edit “and your hangers on” is noted.

Your post didn’t make sense before, but it doesn’t really hang true now. 2 people isn’t a gang/clique .... but who are these “hangers on”?

😉
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 09:00
    @suzianne said
    I would actually agree with him, but only if you get them right, which you have shown you don't care to do.
    My recent summary of a few of your stated forum life fantasies was absolutely spot on, they came straight from your own posts.
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 09:02
    @divegeester said
    I see, you are appealing to your own professional skills and experience...again.
    I'm glad you read it that way, I was worried it might read like I was trashing somebody else's.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 09:23
    @relentless-red said
    I'm glad you read it that way, I was worried it might read like I was trashing somebody else's.
    You keep going on about “trashing” things.For example FMF trashing his own radio program, and people’s contribution. Now you are on about “trashing” somebody else’s professional skills and experience”.

Your tactic here seems to be what I refer to as forum “counter measures”, which is when a poster finds themselves out of intellectual ammunition and resorts to throwing out any sort of distraction commentary in order to lure the exchange away from their own topical inadequacies.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 09:25
    @divegeester said

I’m sure there is a psychological pattern.
    Also interesting to note how some leaders decide to step back from the fray allowing the troops to take the bullets when things get a little too hot.

[sips water]
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 09:261 edit
    @divegeester said

Your tactic here seems to be what I refer to as forum “counter measures”, which is when a poster finds themselves out of intellectual ammunition and resorts to throwing out any sort of distraction commentary in order to lure the exchange away from their own topical inadequacies.
    Like when you de-evolve into Robbie and give other posters nicknames?

Edit: Sips coffee.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 09:292 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Edit: Sips coffee.
    [chomp]

So predictable.

😁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree