28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 14:35
    Well?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 14:37
    I wish I'd had hundreds of RHP subscribers banned from the website just for disagreeing with me on the forums. Yes, literally "hundreds".
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 15:08
    @fmf said
    I wish I'd had hundreds of RHP subscribers banned from the website just for disagreeing with me on the forums. Yes, literally "hundreds".
    You have to be joking of course!

-VR
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 16:00
    I wish I'd rubbed so many people on the Debates Forum up the wrong way that, about 8 years ago, the regulars there had kicked me off it.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 16:07
    @fmf said
    I wish I'd rubbed so many people on the Debates Forum up the wrong way that, about 8 years ago, the regulars there had kicked me off it.
    Nothing you can do about the past, it is what you do in the future that is important in my humble opinion.

-VR
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 17:55
    @very-rusty said
    You have to be joking of course!

-VR
    This is the least unliked post in the thread yet.

Congratulations!
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 18:071 edit
    @ponderable said
    This is the least unliked post in the thread yet.

Congratulations!
    You have to be joking pondy! 😉 😛

Could I have another try I am sure I can do better and make one even more disliked! 😉

-VR
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 18:44
    @fmf said
    Well?
    I wish I was a hated here by the emotionally brittle and weak-minded as you are, it’s my aspiration.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 18:53
    @divegeester said
    I wish I was a hated here by the emotionally brittle and weak-minded as you are, it’s my aspiration.
    Ah there’s an early thumb down from one of the “lovelies” 😊
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 18:59
    @divegeester said
    Ah there’s an early thumb down from one of the “lovelies” 😊
    I am often surprised if I don't get at least 3 per post! 😉

-VR
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 01:051 edit
    @very-rusty said
    I am often surprised if I don't get at least 3 per post
    I do, pretty much.

But then I don’t pretend to be friends with people I hardly know at all and exchange with them meaningless trite sound bites of an imaginary bar-life in threads like the “RHP Tavern” while alerting (jeez!) and thumbing down the posts of people who just talk straight.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 11:031 edit
    @divegeester said
    I do, pretty much.

But then I don’t pretend to be friends with people I hardly know at all and exchange with them meaningless trite sound bites of an imaginary bar-life in threads like the “RHP Tavern” while alerting (jeez!) and thumbing down the posts of people who just talk straight.
    I don't understand you, Divey. What is your problem with the Tavern-thread? It's just like any other thread except that it's pure imagination.. Is it because it is uncontroversial, harmless pastime? Is it because it's not to your liking? If so, why not just ignore it? It will be abandoned by us who have been active in it, but it was fun while it lasted.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 11:16
    @torunn said
    Is it because it's not to your liking? If so, why not just ignore it?
    If something isn't to your liking ~ like criticism of a certain thread ~ why don't YOU just ignore it? Isn't that your advice for others? I can't remember you being as hypocritical as this before.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 11:19
    @fmf said
    If something isn't to your liking ~ like criticism of a certain thread ~ why don't YOU just ignore it? Isn't that your advice for others? I can't remember you being as hypocritical as this before.
    You are right. It's probably because I have been more involved than usual. It became a bit personal.
  15. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 11:47
    @torunn said
    You are right. It's probably because I have been more involved than usual. It became a bit personal.
    So unless you live absolutely to the letter of everything that you aspire to you are a hypocrite.

If you consistently place yourself above a whole community and judge everybody in it you are just fine. In fact you are so wonderful you expect that people will want to listen to your voice on the radio.

Keep doing what you are doing Torunn. Telling FMF he is right is a neat solution. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree