1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 09:331 edit
    @relentless-red said
    Does it really not matter to you if you are turning people away?
    No, it really doesn't. If you feel "turned away" from the show, it really does not matter. If, say, Phil were to leave the show because he, like you, thought that I was "trashing" him and his writing and the show, then I would be disappointed, sure. I'd also be mightily surprised. You and he are cut from completely different pieces of interpersonal cloth.
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 10:23
    @divegeester said
    Does it matter to you that potentially your posting style turns people off of listening to you?
    No, but this is not my work, nor is it the medium by which I present other people's work.

Anyway there's a series of well intentioned posts that will be responded to with sneers from two directions. That's enough for me.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 10:27
    @relentless-red said
    No
    Well similarly FMF is not concerned that a handful of small-minded detractors on a relatively inconsequential website aren’t interested in listening to a local radio show. On the other hand a notable number do listen, do contribute and do enjoy it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 10:301 edit
    @relentless-red said
    Anyway there's a series of well intentioned posts that will be responded to with sneers from two directions.
    I don’t think your posts to FMF, nor myself for that matter, are at all “well intended”. I think you embody everything that I see as being wrong within the mindset of the little group of buddies you are connected with. Passive aggression, thinly veiled snarks, jibes and sleights, and of course your well known intellectual dishonesty. You seem to think this “posting style” can’t be seen through.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 13:50
    @relentless-red said
    Anyway there's a series of well intentioned posts that will be responded to with sneers from two directions. That's enough for me.
    "A series of well intentioned posts"? If you are referring to stuff you have been posting on this matter, all I have seen is some self-regarding drivel.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 15:18
    @FMF

It appears there are a group of people who are not happy with either yours posts or of course the other possibility the poster, but you being such a nice guy and all hard to see that!.....LOL..... 😉

-VR
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 15:22
    @very-rusty said
    @FMF

It appears there are a group of people who are not happy with either yours posts or of course the other possibility the poster, but you being such a nice guy and all hard to see that!.....LOL..... 😉

-VR
    was that a slight?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 15:25
    @yo-its-me said
    was that a slight?
    Well, it appears like multiple choice to me, you decide! 😉

-VR
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 15:39
    @very-rusty said
    Well, it appears like multiple choice to me, you decide! 😉

-VR
    weak
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 15:41
    @yo-its-me said
    weak
    Are you feeling weak? I suggest medical help immediately!

-VR
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 15:46
    @very-rusty said
    Are you feeling weak? I suggest medical help immediately!

-VR
    oh very funny

The reason I chose to make friends with boys when I was a kid was they weren't petty or weak. If there was an issue they had a real fight and then it was over. Whereas the girls, they'd give spiteful looks and never tell you what they were so upset about- tiresome.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 15:49
    @yo-its-me said
    oh very funny

The reason I chose to make friends with boys when I was a kid was they weren't petty or weak. If there was an issue they had a real fight and then it was over. Whereas the girls, they'd give spiteful looks and never tell you what they were so upset about- tiresome.
    OH it wasn't meant to be funny. All you said was 'weak', I thought you were having medical issues.

I have had more real fights than I care to remember. Are you trying to make a point here?

I really don't know if you Female or Male not that it matters to me.

-VR
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 15:54
    @very-rusty said

I really don't know if you Female or Male not that it matters to me.

-VR
    Too much information.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 16:34
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Too much information.
    You think?

-VR
  15. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 00:23
    @relentless-red said
    Hmm, same choice of words as Hakima. 🤔

Anti-cliques not much?
    What are you on about? The phrase in question is not something I would say.

Why bring up my name?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree