Consultation vote - ending anonymous recommendations

Consultation vote - ending anonymous recommendations

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Oct 15
2 edits

[Repost from this site ideas forum Thread 165951]

A consultation vote is running now regarding identifiable likes/recommendations on forums posts in the future.

If you would like to make your opinion known, please let us know using this vote : [vid]27[/vid]

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
14 Oct 15

Originally posted by Russ
[Repost from this site ideas forum Thread 165951]

A consultation vote is running now regarding identifiable likes/recommendations on forums posts in the future.

If you would like to make your opinion known, please let us know using this vote : [vid]27[/vid]
i voted...

Moves
14 Oct 15
1 edit

If we all knew who disliked us (our posts), it would be golden mine for hitmen all over the world.

F

Moves
14 Oct 15

I think it's a fun and/or harmless and/or virtually meaningless feature as it is, so I voted for the status quo.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
14 Oct 15

As I understand it, dislikes would not be affected?

RHP Member No.16

Moves
14 Oct 15

Originally posted by MontyMoose
Really? That seems lame. If we're going to see who likes a post we should be able to also see who does not like it. Fair play and all that! 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Oct 15

Originally posted by mwmiller
Really? That seems lame. If we're going to see who likes a post we should be able to also see who does not like it. Fair play and all that! 🙂
Absolutely. Another reason is that with Thumbs Down now or "Dislikes" eliminated, public forum posting volume will likely increase over time.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
14 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Absolutely. Another reason is that with Thumbs Down now or "Dislikes" eliminated, public forum posting volume will likely increase over time.
source???

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Oct 15

I think people tend (for the most part) to give honest thumbs up or thumbs down, 'because' of the anonymous nature of voting for a given post. Take away the anonymity and people will be more partisan and predictable in how they vote. (So as not to offend forum chums etc). Honesty often comes from the shadows.

The ghost has spoken wisely...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Oct 15
2 edits

Originally posted by rookie54
source???
"source???"

"Boston Lad".

Footnote: The primary reason site public forum posting volumes are likely to increase is based on the human behavioural tendency to express dislike and/or disapproval of threads and posts will become pent up and eventually seek the outlet of posting with varying individual frequencies.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Oct 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I think people tend (for the most part) to give honest thumbs up or thumbs down, 'because' of the anonymous nature of voting for a given post. Take away the anonymity and people will be more partisan and predictable in how they vote. (So as not to offend forum chums etc). Honesty often comes from the shadows.

The ghost has spoken wisely...
"The ghost has spoken wisely..."

Oh, yeah. GD always does (for our enlightenment and edification, of course).

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
14 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"source???"

"Boston Lad".

Footnote: The primary reason site public forum posting volumes are likely to increase is based on the human behavioural tendency to express dislike and/or disapproval of threads and posts will become pent up and eventually seek the outlet of posting with varying individual frequencies.
credible source???

Moves
14 Oct 15

Originally posted by MontyMoose
That would have sounded pretty gloomy --> "Someone just disliked your post..."

Australia

Moves
14 Oct 15

The whole thumbs system is a waste of space, in my book. You have something to say, post it.

player of the violin

Canada.

Moves
14 Oct 15

can someome thumb me up so I can see what happens?