Chess for Christmas

Chess for Christmas

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
08 Dec 14

Are you going to give or receive any chess items as Christmas gifts? Videos, books, magazines, chess sets? My wife already knows chess items are what I want to receive. I don't see the need for many chess sets. Two or three is all I own.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
08 Dec 14

No.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
09 Dec 14

w

Moves
09 Dec 14

My cat lost a white pawn about a year ago..we never found it...

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
09 Dec 14

Originally posted by woadman
My cat lost a white pawn about a year ago..we never found it...
You didn't record the game then? 😕

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
09 Dec 14

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
10 Dec 14

Are you going to give or receive any chess items as Christmas gifts? Videos, books, magazines, chess sets? My wife already knows chess items are what I want to receive. I don't see the need for many chess sets. Two or three is all I own.
two or three?

b
Father of Three

New Hampshire

Moves
10 Dec 14

I bought 4 books for myself. The English for beginners The French for beginners the Dutch for beginners and tactics traps and zaps. Cost me a few bucks at goodwill.

Beau

Moves
10 Dec 14

For certain people - with blessed occupaions - each day is Christmas Eve, and if they have chess as a passion /as fishermen do, birdwatchers, crossword-freaks etc. - so they usually sleep Christmas over, and the walk on the next day (as well on January 1st) along the empty streets wuth pocket chess set in the company of their dogs---

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Dec 14

Originally posted by beauroberts
I bought 4 books for myself. The English for beginners The French for beginners the Dutch for beginners and tactics traps and zaps. Cost me a few bucks at goodwill.

Beau
Here in Phoenix there is a two-day Visiting Nurses' Book Sale every January. Takes a bit of standing around in the cold to get in near opening time, but you can gets loads of books very cheaply. Go too late and it's picked over, although they usually do hold back some books to put out on the second day as well.

Since Chess books keep their value, it's an awesome bargain. I usually also look for sci-fi books I don't already have.

w

Moves
10 Dec 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
[b]Here in Phoenix there is a two-day Visiting Nurses' Book Sale every January. Takes a bit of standing around in the cold .
Somehow Phoenix & cold doesn't compute. Isn't the average temperature around 199 degrees?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
11 Dec 14

Somehow Phoenix & cold doesn't compute. Isn't the average temperature around 199 degrees?
That's Kelvin.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
11 Dec 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
That's Kelvin.
Kevin

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Dec 14

I've asked my wife for a chess engine.

w

Moves
12 Dec 14

Originally posted by divegeester
I've asked my wife for a chess engine.
Which one is the strongest now ? I saw a new name the other day Komodo.
They all claim to be the best.