Checkmate or Resignation

Checkmate or Resignation

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Nevermind the intellectual self-flagellation Robbie, what is more satisfying to you, a checkmate or a resignation? It's a simple question.
I have no preference.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
lol lay him down under the pale moon light 😀

Handy Andy is in this video [youtube]C8mTTneBsv4[/youtube]
there is nothing wrong with your mutual love

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16
2 edits

Originally posted by apathist
there is nothing wrong with your mutual love
Randolph seems to be taking some rest under the pale moon light!

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Oct 16

Checkmate of course. That question is boring which is why everyone keeps moving past it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Oct 16

The question is a little bit narrow because there are other factors. One can win a game not because of ones good play but because of ones opponents poor play, these are never quite satisfactory. Its also the same when one plays a game that one should have lost but ends up winning it by sheer luck. Sometimes losing is even preferable to winning if th ...[text shortened]... heir opponent play out a mate even though they know the outcome because it is a thing of beauty.
Just come out and say that you prefer they resign the game on move 1. Then you can go make another challenge for them to resign that one, too.

There is one thing in what you say and another in the way you play it. Clearly, you don't care about the "epic struggle" when your clan needs the points to stay ahead.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Just come out and say that you prefer they resign the game on move 1. Then you can go make another challenge for them to resign that one, too.

There is one thing in what you say and another in the way you play it. Clearly, you don't care about the "epic struggle" when your clan needs the points to stay ahead.
must you pollute every thread
take it to the clan forum where no one listens to you anyway
your obvious bias just runs amok on this site

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16

I wont be taking any advice from a sandbagger like you with more than 500+ lost games due to time outs.

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by apathist
Checkmate of course. That question is boring which is why everyone keeps moving past it.
If your response is "of course" and the question itself is "boring", then how come you are here posting?

Moves
30 Oct 16
1 edit

If possible can we please not turn this into a "clans" thing? I honestly think there is a subtle preference of satisfaction in winning one way or another, which may be worth a little conversation.

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by lemondrop
must you pollute every thread
take it to the clan forum where no one listens to you anyway
your obvious bias just runs amok on this site
Thank you Sir.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Oct 16

Checkmate brings it home. I always play out the game even when my opponent is winning just so they can have the same satisfaction. Although I may have resigned a few. Sometimes there's just no point.

Moves
30 Oct 16

Secret checkment a-la Suzianne.... thumb you down

😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Oct 16

I wont be taking any advice from a sandbagger like you with more than 500+ lost games due to time outs.
How many wins do you have due to "giveaways"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Oct 16
1 edit

If possible can we please not turn this into a "clans" thing? I honestly think there is a subtle preference of satisfaction in winning one way or another, which may be worth a little conversation.
If you don't mind, could you not "persuade" people into not disagreeing with you for once?

Free Speech comes with the possibility that people might say what you don't like.

Of course, you're against that.

What is the purpose of these crap topics polluting the forum anyways?

Anything to keep your name in front of people, I guess.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Oct 16

Thank you Sir.
Aaaaah, congratulating the one agreeing with you.

Obvious hypocrisy is obvious.