Comfortably Numb
    Mother
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 19:043 edits
    @caissad4
    Not unknown to ME๐Ÿ˜‰ Here is one gem, Dimming of the day, by Richard Thompson sung by Bonnie Raitt and Richard Thompson live, GREAT song and rendition. The vocal harmonies are breathtaking.
    You clearly have excellent taste in music! I was in awe of your list of John Prine songs.
    YouTube

BTW, my daughter Heather was handed her degree at Berklee in Boston by Bonnie Raitt who was getting an honorary degree the same day Heather graduated.
    She went on to get an MA in composition at Wesleyan and now teaches music at uni level in Brazil and is now working on Phd in music.
    Her husband Gandhi, has Phd in statistical physics and teaches his subject at the same uni in Natal Brazil.
    The Portuguese and Brazilian music notation is a bit different than we are used to where we go do re me fa so and do di re ri and so forth for the 12 notes.,
    In brazil, there is a different solfege for each scale! So instead of a dozen symbols to remember now there are 144!
    So on top of that she had to become fluent in Port. AND to be certified, had to have a test class in her subject of music with 8 judges in the back row, all in Portuguese of course! It turned out she got a higher score in that test that her husband did, and Gandhi and his family emigrated from Tamil Nadu to Brazil when he was 5 yo so Port was basically his native language.
    Of course he is tri lingual, speaking Tamil, Port, and English and he got his Phd at Boston U. They have 2 children now, daughter in college and 16 year old son who is learning guitar.
    Also if you want to hear my stuff, I have 123 tracks on soundcloud, I compose tunes for acoustic guitar and if you want I can give you the URL assuming you get totally bored sometime๐Ÿ˜‰
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 21:16
    @sonhouse
    That was to Hakima also
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '20 06:14
    Bill's Big Bag of Self-isolated Onions

Part 1
    https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/show-145-bills-big-bag-of-self-isolated-onions-part-1/

Part 2
    https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/show-146-bills-big-bag-of-self-isolated-onions-part-2/

A mixture of lockdown-related vox pops and undeservedly unfamiliar music.
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 Apr '20 17:20
    @mammy-blue said
    I love "Hungry like the Wolf" Duran Duran.
    Girls used to sing that song to me on sight. I was rather handsome in those days. Now I'm just distinguished. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Great memories.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree