Are humans fundamentally good or bad?

Are humans fundamentally good or bad?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Jan 13

Originally posted by apathist
So the people around you, it does not matter if they are good, but if they fail to believe your belief, the get eternity in hell?
('Our conversation is more appropriate for Personal Messages than in a general forum.
The door is always open. My Iggy's almost eight years old and still a virgin.'😉

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
23 Jan 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
('Our conversation is more appropriate for Personal Messages than in a general forum.
What the fudge is an Iggy? I would not mind actually communicating.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Jan 13

What the fudge is an Iggy? I would not mind actually communicating.
"Ignored Players
Name
Your ignore list is currently empty."

Read a book!

Moves
23 Jan 13

Bobby's Iggy may be a virgin, but his name, on the other hand, appears on an untold number of other Iggies.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
23 Jan 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
I would like to see you respond. This God you advocate sends us to hell, regardless of how we behave?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Jan 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Bobby's Iggy may be a virgin, but his name, on the other hand, appears on an untold number of other Iggies.
Only by those who require an audience to chat with him. 😛

WM
The King of Detroit

The Jungle

Moves
24 Jan 13

Originally posted by mikelom
The side was chosen for me, in most of what I learned by observation and from historical recordings I read and studied in most subjects.

I believe most of that taught me the better side.... 😉

-m.
I appreciate your statement. But, you were not chosen. YOU chose. Way to use the most powerful aspect of a human being; free will. 😉

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
24 Jan 13

Originally posted by Westside Mobster
I appreciate your statement. But, you were not chosen. YOU chose. Way to use the most powerful aspect of a human being; free will. 😉
I didn't choose in any fundamental way as a foetus, or as a baby child who could not communicate, and had no value judgements to give. They were, indeed, chosen for me, before I could even retort an opinion, or response that I knew I was making. They were chosen for me by examples displayed to me.

Or do you disagree?

-m. 😉

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
24 Jan 13

I didn't choose in any fundamental way as a foetus, or as a baby child who could not communicate, and had no value judgements to give. They were, indeed, chosen for me, before I could even retort an opinion, or response that I knew I was making. They were chosen for me by examples displayed to me.

Or do you disagree?

-m. 😉
From the moment I could talk, I was ordered to listen.

Cat Stevens.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jan 13

I would like to see you respond. This God you advocate sends us to hell, regardless of how we behave?
I have, repeatedly, in this forum and in the other busy one.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jan 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy

If those other lonely Iggies are so hot and indiscriminate that they can't wait to hook up with and jump the bones of the nearest
Dumb Swede in sight, that's their business. They really should shop around for nice chastity belts and wait for their right man.

WM
The King of Detroit

The Jungle

Moves
24 Jan 13
1 edit

Or do you disagree?

-m. 😉
I disagree. Here is why. As human beings I do beleive we are disposed to certain characteristics, and behaviours. Whether good or bad there is a large parameter of choices an individual makes. But, once our mind has developed (excluding those those with limited or chemically induced mental facultys) the decision on how you live, what you do, and how you act, rely solely upon YOUR choice. Retort?

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
25 Jan 13

Originally posted by Westside Mobster
I disagree. Here is why. As human beings I do beleive we are disposed to certain characteristics, and behaviours. Whether good or bad there is a large parameter of choices an individual makes. But, once our mind has developed (excluding those those with limited or chemically induced mental facultys) the decision on how you live, what you do, and how you act, rely solely upon YOUR choice. Retort?
you refer directly to developed mind.

My OP was with regard to foetus/very young children (0-2-3 years old), and with regard to being fundamentally good or bad.

You are talking in respect to your currnet knowledge: quote "i believe"; "large parahamsters"; "our mind has developed, the decisions"..... and finally, "your choice".

What has any of that developmental choice in time, post adolesence, have to do with the OP?

This is not a retort, but a simple question, regarding choice, influence and none of those in the early years of life - although, it is obvious from the OP website reference that influences are of apparent influence when it comes to early choices.

Can you stay in context of the OP?

-m. 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jan 13

you refer directly to developed mind.

My OP was with regard to foetus/very young children (0-2-3 years old), and with regard to being fundamentally good or bad.

You are talking in respect to your currnet knowledge: quote "i believe"; "large parahamsters"; "our mind has developed, the decisions"..... and finally, "your choice".

What has any of that d ...[text shortened]... nfluence when it comes to early choices.

Can you stay in context of the OP?

-m. 😉
Reads like some sterile, academic, machine generated pap (We all know Mikelom's capable of better than that).

Australia

Moves
25 Jan 13
2 edits

Another sneering comment on a post not directed to you personally? How do you like it when it's done to you? We all know GB's capable of better than that.