Actor dead

Actor dead

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
02 Feb 14
2 edits

American actor Philip Seymour Hoffman died this afternoon, and that is sad news to all of us who admired his acting. He was awarded an Oscar for the leading role in Capote and made many other good films.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Seymour_Hoffman

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Feb 14

Originally posted by lolof
American actor Philip Seymour Hoffman died this afternoon, and that is sad news to all of us who admired his acting. He was awarded an Oscar for the leading role in Capote and made many other good films.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Seymour_Hoffman
A brilliant actor, what a terrible shame. He looked so much older than his 46 years.

d

Moves
02 Feb 14

I like the informative thread title.

l

Moves
02 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
I like the informative thread title.
I didn't know what more to write - American actor dead perhaps? Or...? I'm not very good at these things. I like your post.

Moves
02 Feb 14

I didn't know what more to write - American actor dead perhaps? Or...? I'm not very good at these things. I like your post.
Erm, maybe the name of the actor?

l

Moves
02 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Trev33
Erm, maybe the name of the actor?
Yes, maybe but I wasn't sure that so many here know who he was. Not many people seem to know his name even if they recognize his face. But I will keep that in mind.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
02 Feb 14

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
02 Feb 14
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Actually there is a 'wrong way' and this thread is a prime example.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
03 Feb 14

I didn't see the problem, he was an actor, he's dead. It's not Schrödinger's cat.

In your face

Moves
03 Feb 14

Yes, maybe but I wasn't sure that so many here know who he was. Not many people seem to know his name even if they recognize his face. But I will keep that in mind.
Don't let the ****wits bring you down. It's so easy to find fault in other people isn't it.

Read a book!

Moves
03 Feb 14

Actor still dead

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
03 Feb 14

Rich guy died caning drugs...Be still my beating heart.

I'm sure the guy who got crucified and had his ears cut off in the Ukraine is weeping over his "Twister" poster.

Lt.

Los Angeles

Moves
03 Feb 14

Sad but even sadder is I don't even know this guy.

l

Moves
03 Feb 14

Originally posted by taipei5200
Sad but even sadder is I don't even know this guy.
"The news that Philip Seymour Hoffman has died at the age of only 46 robs cinema of - almost unarguably - the greatest screen actor of the age, and certainly its outstanding character actor. Where once there was Charles Laughton, or Ernest Borgnine, for the past two decades there has been Philip Seymour Hoffman. They are all great film actors whom fate has fashioned in doughy clumps of misshapen flesh. The matinee idols got the looks and the girls: the character actors got the meatiest roles and the longevity. His death deprives all lovers of cinema of a longer career that would undoubtedly have contained many more riches..."

He was best known for his supporting roles until he received the Best Actor Academy Award for 'Capote'.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Feb 14

Originally posted by Crowley
Actually there is a 'wrong way' and this thread is a prime example.
English happens to be lolof's second language; she needs encouragement, not public criticism.
Since when is posting in an online forum governed by the Law of the Medes and Persians.