1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 09:40
    @kevin-eleven said
    I meant NLP = Neuro-Linguistic Programming, but not in a Tony Robbins or Derren Brown way.
    I wouldn't recommend it as a panacea, but for some conditions and therapies it does show some promise.

I'm speaking as a person who had hypnotherapy at age 18 as an attempt to counter PTSD. The first doctor made it worse, and the second had to remove the blocks the first put in in order to advance my therapy.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 09:42
    @suzianne said
    I wouldn't recommend it as a panacea, but for some conditions and therapies it does show some promise.
    Do you have any references for this please?
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 09:47
    @suzianne said

I'm speaking as a person who had hypnotherapy at age 18 as an attempt to counter PTSD. The first doctor made it worse, and the second had to remove the blocks the first put in in order to advance my therapy.
    Hmm. Good to know. Thank you.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 09:511 edit
    @divegeester said
    In which woods have you ever danced, and under what skies?

Or if under the waves you have found some peace, why do you seem so harsh topside?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 10:25
    @divegeester said
    No, I do not, and what I said is entirely my own opinion.

Are you through sniffing my skirt now?
  6. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 10:291 edit
    Ya it's my turn!

Back off Dive! 😠
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 10:571 edit
    @suzianne said
    No, I do not, and what I said is entirely my own opinion.
    I didn’t think you would have.

I have said recently in here that am a detractor of NLP. I think it’s all a load of licensed/franchised money-making tosh.
    Just my opinion of course.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 10:57
    @kevin-eleven said
    In which woods have you ever danced, and under what skies?

Or if under the waves you have found some peace, why do you seem so harsh topside?
    Don’t speak to me.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 11:22
    @divegeester said
    Don’t speak to me.
    I will respect your boundaries if you respect the boundaries of others.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 11:38
    @kevin-eleven said
    I will respect your boundaries if you respect the boundaries of others.
    I don’t negotiate with people who have such low principles as yourself.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 11:451 edit
    @divegeester said
    I don’t negotiate with people who have such low principles as yourself.
    A principled man like yourself should spend his time more wisely, e.g., do what others won't so that you can do what others cannot.

P.S. -- hoping you can find some way to tie this back in to the OP, you clever junkyard dog, you. 🙂
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 12:00
    @vivify said
    That's because it's entirely up to the website whether BB codes are used or not, rather than the device.

More importantly, PC keyboards are increasingly becoming a thing of the past. Unless you're a programmer, gamer or do work involving networking, no one uses PC keyboards except older people who haven't adapted to phone use.
    As one of those older people I use both but like the big screen which I have with my tower it is a 22 inch monitor which is nice and big. The phones the younger generation grew up with. As I said I use it and have the internet on there also but just make my chess moves on it and text some to other family members and friends.

I am going to hang on to the old keyboard and Monitors as long as they still make them.

-VR
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 12:081 edit
    @suzianne said

Really? PTSD at 18?.......Man you must have had a rough childhood.

Unfortunately you've carried the baggage into your adulthood and then here.

-VR
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 13:21
    @kevin-eleven said
    A principled man like yourself should spend his time more wisely, e.g., do what others won't so that you can do what others cannot.P.S. -- hoping you can find some way to tie this back in to the OP, you clever junkyard dog, you.
    I have no idea what you are wittering on about.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 18:041 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Really? PTSD at 18?.......Man you must have had a rough childhood.

Unfortunately you've carried the baggage into your adulthood and then here.

-VR
    I did until I was nearing the end of my 30s, but a combination of martial arts, music and a brilliant psychologist, in addition to my own insights from studying psychology post-grad leads me to believe I have beaten my PTSD. It virtually crippled me for 20 years and affected every relationship (friends AND family) during that time. It's been quite a personal journey from fear to discovery, and I'd appreciate it if you kept your toxic, invalid opinions about it to yourself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree