1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:58
    @kevin-eleven said
    Maybe just because I'm a little older and sprouted in different cultural soil?

I do get that smartphones are like Star Trek communicators on steroids.
    I'm younger than Suzi and remember the days without a computer in your pocket. Better days.
  2. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:59
    @trev33 said
    Who has nothing to hide?
    Most people do have something to hide but I was referring to illegal activities.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 03:28
    @very-musty said
    Most people do have something to hide but I was referring to illegal activities.
    Who hasn't broken a law?
  4. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 03:31
    @trev33 said
    Who hasn't broken a law?
    Stop it! 😠
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 03:32
    @trev33 said
    I'm younger than Suzi and remember the days without a computer in your pocket. Better days.
    I think Suzi might be the sister I never had.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 04:04
    @suzianne said
    So why do you have a mobile phone and then leave it at home?

Its best feature is, yes, that it is mobile.

I use mine while I'm out to find places I wanna go, places to eat, where's the nearest store selling what I'm looking for, any sales, and I hook it into my car radio to play the music I wanna hear instead of random radio station crap.

Why leave a tool like that at home?
    Suzi, what if I were to say to you that your phone is an NLP anchor?
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 04:17
    @trev33 said
    It's the young antiquarians we have to watch out for. 😉
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 05:19
    What an interesting interlude that was, to have no internet for five or ten minutes. Of course one might only suspect certain self-involved RHP characters!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 06:051 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    You say tool, I say tracker.
    You leave your “mobile” phone at home so you aren’t tracked?

Do you avoid all the CCTV cameras in streets and shops? Do you always pay cash? Because “they” can track you when you use your credit and bank cash cards.

Edit; and don’t forget the microchips!
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 06:45
    @divegeester said
    You leave your “mobile” phone at home so you aren’t tracked?
    It's really just more out of negligence and cultural inertia.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 08:45
    @kevin-eleven said
    It's the 21st century, and PC keyboards still do not have dedicated keys for common BBCode tags like bold on, bold off, italics on, italics off.
    The future is voice command. I did not type this post, I dictated it and the onboard app converted speech to text. Elon musk is already experimenting with thought command, Having implanted a chip in the brain of a monkey.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 08:54
    @moonbus said
    The future is voice command. I did not type this post, I dictated it and the onboard app converted speech to text. Elon musk is already experimenting with thought command, Having implanted a chip in the brain of a monkey.
    Mm. Alejandro Pavlovich Lunero has his own agenda, nothing to do with me.

Tritons in the marigolds like 'splain it to me, Lucy.

и они шли
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 09:10
    Zuto abra, kiro malagor. 😉
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 09:18
    @kevin-eleven said
    Suzi, what if I were to say to you that your phone is an NLP anchor?
    Now, by this, do you mean Neuro-Linguistic Programming, or Natural Language Processing?

And I don't mean to be flip (or maybe I do), but do you have enough education to understand either of them beyond a conspiracy-theory-driven 'Alex Jones'-like fear of them? I notice your use of the word 'anchor', which seems to indicate some kind of fear associated with these. Could you elaborate?
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 09:29
    @suzianne said
    Now, by this, do you mean Neuro-Linguistic Programming, or Natural Language Processing?

And I don't mean to be flip (or maybe I do), but do you have enough education to understand either of them beyond a conspiracy-theory-driven 'Alex Jones'-like fear of them? I notice your use of the word 'anchor', which seems to indicate some kind of fear associated with these. Could you elaborate?
    I meant NLP = Neuro-Linguistic Programming, but not in a Tony Robbins or Derren Brown way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree