1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 Apr '21 23:42
    It's the 21st century, and PC keyboards still do not have dedicated keys for common BBCode tags like bold on, bold off, italics on, italics off.
  2. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 00:031 edit
    So invent it and we can be rich!

50 - 50 split 🤗
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 00:34
    i want a new sable brush, and i shall have it
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 00:50
    @kevin-eleven said
    It's the 21st century, and PC keyboards still do not have dedicated keys for common BBCode tags like bold on, bold off, italics on, italics off.
    That's because it's entirely up to the website whether BB codes are used or not, rather than the device.

More importantly, PC keyboards are increasingly becoming a thing of the past. Unless you're a programmer, gamer or do work involving networking, no one uses PC keyboards except older people who haven't adapted to phone use.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 00:56
    @rookie54 said
    i want a new sable brush, and i shall have it
    Yer gonna need a bigger brush. 😉
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 01:021 edit
    @vivify said
    That's because it's entirely up to the website whether BB codes are used or not, rather than the device.

More importantly, PC keyboards are increasingly becoming a thing of the past. Unless you're a programmer, gamer or do work involving networking, no one uses PC keyboards except older people who haven't adapted to phone use.
    Hmm, fair points. However, I prefer not to become adapted to phone use. I have a smart phone, but I don't use it for banking and I leave it at home on my desk when I am in town, as if it's a land-line.

Someday soon smartphones might contain explosive devices (j/k -- it would be biofield scramblers) in case the user strays too far from the "socially" acceptable bounds of the global panopticon.

Plus, one of my uncles recommended Ira Levin's "This Perfect Day" to me when I was a teenager. 😉

P.S. -- To be fair, I do have a gamer keyboard with six macro keys on the side, which I am too lazy to program even though it's really not that hard. I never was very physical to begin with, even before all these tech conveniences came along.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:19
    @kevin-eleven said
    Hmm, fair points. However, I prefer not to become adapted to phone use. I have a smart phone, but I don't use it for banking and I leave it at home on my desk when I am in town, as if it's a land-line.

Someday soon smartphones might contain explosive devices (j/k -- it would be biofield scramblers) in case the user strays too far from the "socially" acceptable bounds ...[text shortened]... t hard. I never was very physical to begin with, even before all these tech conveniences came along.
    So why do you have a mobile phone and then leave it at home?

Its best feature is, yes, that it is mobile.

I use mine while I'm out to find places I wanna go, places to eat, where's the nearest store selling what I'm looking for, any sales, and I hook it into my car radio to play the music I wanna hear instead of random radio station crap.

Why leave a tool like that at home?
  8. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:32
    @suzianne said

I use mine while I'm out to find places I wanna go, places to eat, where's the nearest store selling what I'm looking for, any sales, and I hook it into my car radio to play the music I wanna hear instead of random radio station crap.

Exactly.

And for emergencies.
    I can't imagine life without my phone and I'm old enough to know what it was like looking for a payphone 😔
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:32
    @suzianne said

You say tool, I say tracker.

Strange that none of the Star Trek series had bicycles (perhaps I am wrong about that).
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:34
    @suzianne said

Sometimes it's nice not to be contactable, to ask someone for directions, walk around the shops looking at the various deals, to turn off the radio and enjoy the silence.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:35
    @very-musty said
    Exactly.

And for emergencies.
    I can't imagine life without my phone and I'm old enough to know what it was like looking for a payphone 😔
    How many emergencies have you ever had?
  12. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:361 edit
    @Kevin-Eleven

Yes it does track you and record everything but if you have nothing to hide then why worry?

I did get scared the other day when I made my "Good food, Wrong time" thread.

After I talked about chocolate on this website I went to text my girlfriend and it recommended some funny chocolate pics and little videos to send her.

Call me crazy but it happened.
    Google be watching everyone 😳
  13. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:36
    @trev33 said
    How many emergencies have you ever had?
    None but I would rather have my phone and not need it than need it and not have it.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:42
    @very-musty said
    @Kevin-Eleven

Yes it does track you and record everything but if you have nothing to hide then why worry? 😳
    Who has nothing to hide?
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 02:50
    @suzianne said

Maybe just because I'm a little older and sprouted in different cultural soil?

I do get that smartphones are like Star Trek communicators on steroids.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree