Will the tax cut become permanent?

Will the tax cut become permanent?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

q

Moves
10 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
I personally find it tiresome that people only care about themselves and their 401(k) and can't really be bothered to care about people (yes, they [b]are people, unlike corporations) on welfare, or SS, or disability, or living on the streets. I also find tiresome, in the extreme, people like you and whodey who cynically claim that programs that actual ...[text shortened]... similar excuse to not give to charities because you think these people should just "get a job".[/b]
Could you be more selfish if you tried? We have an infinite number of programs for the disadvantaged. I certainly have a right to question the government when it takes my hard earned money and gives it to others. You can disagree with priorities but it's time that people take care of themselves and not simply decide that those who achieve should contribute more and more and more and more. It's laughable that you think I should changes my views simply because you wish for the government to help YOU more.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
10 Jan 18

Originally posted by @kmax87
Was that the era or the error of big government?
Government is bigger now than it was then.

w

Moves
10 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sh76
Yup; the era of moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans.
The only time you hear any inkling of concern regarding deficit spending is from the party out of power.

w

Moves
10 Jan 18

Originally posted by @kmax87
Was that the era or the error of big government?
Yes.

q

Moves
10 Jan 18

Originally posted by @whodey
The only time you hear any inkling of concern regarding deficit spending is from the party out of power.
Because parties in power to increase their influence.

w

Moves
10 Jan 18

Originally posted by @quackquack
Because parties in power to increase their influence.
Those in power have the power of the purse. At that point they don't want any limit on their spending.

Here is Obama saying that massive deficit spending is unpatriotic when Bush was in office.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/01/13/obama-called-smaller-bush-debt-rise-unpatriotic/

Then he gets in there and does the exact same things.

q

Moves
10 Jan 18

Originally posted by @whodey
Those in power have the power of the purse. At that point they don't want any limit on their spending.

Here is Obama saying that massive deficit spending is unpatriotic when Bush was in office.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/01/13/obama-called-smaller-bush-debt-rise-unpatriotic/

Then he gets in there and does the exact same things.
Part of the problem is that people is that everyone believes that money is best spent in the manner they wish to spend it. Obama believed that his programs were worth going into deficit for but someone else's program isn't. Trump believes the same about his programs.
I personally believe we would all be better off if we had smaller government, even if it meant less services, so that we could have more money and then everyone could spend their money on the things they want.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sh76
Government is bigger now than it was then.
Under Bill Clinton, taxes were raised on people with higher incomes and military spending was reduced as a percentage of GNP.

You want to cut or eliminate the deficit? Do so again.

w

Moves
11 Jan 18
3 edits

Part of the problem is that people is that everyone believes that money is best spent in the manner they wish to spend it. Obama believed that his programs were worth going into deficit for but someone else's program isn't. Trump believes the same about his programs.
I personally believe we would all be better off if we had smaller government, even i ...[text shortened]... that we could have more money and then everyone could spend their money on the things they want.
Smaller government?

Oh dear, an anarchist.

Oh the inhumanity 😛

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Jan 18

Could you be more selfish if you tried? We have an infinite number of programs for the disadvantaged. I certainly have a right to question the government when it takes my hard earned money and gives it to others. You can disagree with priorities but it's time that people take care of themselves and not simply decide that those who achieve should contr ...[text shortened]... you think I should changes my views simply because you wish for the government to help YOU more.
Selfish?

I think you missed that train by a long shot.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Jan 18

I personally believe we would all be better off if we had smaller government, even i ...[text shortened]... that we could have more money and then everyone could spend their money on the things they want.
Who's selfish now?

In this post, you JUST said that you wish there were fewer people getting the help they need just so you can have more money. This is entirely selfish.

Moves
11 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
Who's selfish now?

In this post, you JUST said that you wish there were fewer people getting the help they need just so you can have more money. This is entirely selfish.
to want to keep that which you have earned is not selfish. Of course a stupid liberal thinks you should give part of your earnings to help support the lazy b***tards that wont work.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Jan 18

Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
to want to keep that which you have earned is not selfish. Of course a stupid liberal thinks you should give part of your earnings to help support the lazy b***tards that wont work.
Saying they won't work is a conservative talking point, and it is simply not true.

Do you think homeless vets are "lazy bastards that won't work"? I think they would join me in saying, "F you, and the high horse you rode in on."

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Jan 18

Firstly you don't get paid half of what you have earned.
Secondly not contributing to those less fortunate than you is selfish.
Thirdly if you think unemployment is caused by laziness you are a dick.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Jan 18

Landlords don’t earn their income and insane people aren’t lazy