1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 14:21
    @shavixmir said
    You’d rather be working than shagging?

You little incel, you.
    One can , and does, do both. Shagging on the job has never been beyond my scope.🫂
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 14:25
    @averagejoe1 said
    'Happy' is subjective. Shav thinks happy is taking off work and driving around. Happy to me, is, working.
    Y'all are some-kind-of shallow thinkers.
    Hahaha well f you can’t really answer the post I guess that’ll have to do
    If happiness is subjective so is love
    It’s irrelevant what makes you happy Joe and stop lying about having a job or working for a living
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 14:27
    @averagejoe1 said
    One can , and does, do both. Shagging on the job has never been beyond my scope.🫂
    ‘Shagging’ and ‘on the job’ are the same things for you, your job is being shagged by corporate America
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 14:29
    @kevcvs57 said
    Given that the US me 23rd in the happiest place to live survey perhaps you should be asking why don’t Americans love the USA
    But what if the poll included people like Shav the Shag? They naturally voted for the wrong reasons, like, for countries where one can live on little money, but with fewer conveniences than a country like USA. ESP when the money is not theirs, it is given to them. We have to work for ours.
    Don’t get me started!
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 14:36
    @kevcvs57 said
    Hahaha well f you can’t really answer the post I guess that’ll have to do
    If happiness is subjective so is love
    It’s irrelevant what makes you happy Joe and stop lying about having a job or working for a living
    Why don’t you and McHill assume that I lie and don’t work, …..then you won’t have to get personal, and you can just consider issues on the Forum. Why consider personalities? Sue does that a lot, too. To what end, might I ask..?
    I might have a new issue, like the hypocrisy of libs who care so much for perfecting our children, but at the same time approve of genital mutilation of the children?
    With that, are you going to get personally ugly with average, Joe, or discuss the issue?
    Y’all are really getting shallow as the months go on.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 20:20
    @averagejoe1 said
    Happy to me, is, working.
    Yes, you lot still are slaves, aren't you? Always giving your lives to your masters, in the hope that one day you'll be the master yourself.

Hint: you never will be. Your slave mentality makes that a certainty. You'll work yourself to death, and be grateful for it. You pathetic little slave.
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 20:29
    @sh76 said
    I'm not going to cite any of them because it's hard to find a really credible source, but all the sources I can find seem to indicate that American Facebook use per capita is about average.
    Youd have a point if the "data" were normalized to per capita usage.

But it's not.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 20:35
    @wildgrass said
    Youd have a point if the "data" were normalized to per capita usage.

But it's not.
    If the usage is by people who are not part of the target countries (which it generally is), normalizing to per capita is a meaningless concept. If the question is where Pakistanis say they want to go, how many people there are in the US, China, Canada and Europe is irrelevant.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 21:293 edits
    @shallow-blue said
    Yes, you lot still are slaves, aren't you? Always giving your lives to your masters, in the hope that one day you'll be the master yourself.

Hint: you never will be. Your slave mentality makes that a certainty. You'll work yourself to death, and be grateful for it. You pathetic little slave.
    You suggest that a person who receives money for goods or services (libs say ‘work for) can not be happy?
    You tip your hand saying work for. That, indeed, suggests you feel like a slave. Brrrr
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 21:34
    @sh76 said
    If the usage is by people who are not part of the target countries (which it generally is), normalizing to per capita is a meaningless concept. If the question is where Pakistanis say they want to go, how many people there are in the US, China, Canada and Europe is irrelevant.
    Actually, this happiest country thingy….which country on the globe would you rather invest, say, $200,000?
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 21:43
    @averagejoe1 said
    You mean like Stormy Daniels ?
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 22:08
    @moonbus said
    You mean like Stormy Daniels ?
    Long ago. Wasn’t named Stormy. Maybe Sarah.
  13. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    29 Mar '24 11:22
    Hi @sh76. How have you been? I see a few old stalwarts still here...

The answer of course is: people come to the US for statistics.

My dad (South African) did his BS at the U. of Pietermaritzburg. Afterwards, he asked one of his professors where he could go to study agricultural statistics (biometry) and he said there were only two places, both in the US: NC State and Iowa State. So in 1962 he moved to the US and never moved back.

I once asked him what he liked most about the US in those days and he said 'interstate highways.' But he also hated the SA 'police state' (his description) that enforced apartheid.

This quote from Heather Cox Richardson yesterday about the Key Bridge collapse is interesting: "In the past days, we have learned that the six maintenance workers killed when the bridge collapsed were all immigrants, natives of Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador. Around 39% of the workforce in the construction industry around Baltimore and Washington, D.C., about 130,000 people, are immigrants, Scott Dance and María Luisa Paúl reported in the Washington Post yesterday.

Some of the men were undocumented, and all of them were family men who sent money back to their home countries, as well. From Honduras, the nephew of one of the men killed told the Associated Press, 'The kind of work he did is what people born in the U.S. won’t do. People like him travel there with a dream. They don’t want to break anything or take anything.'"

My dad certainly came to the US with a couple suitcases and a dream. He never regretted that decision.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Mar '24 11:43
    @spruce112358 said

My dad (South African) did his BS at the U. of Pietermaritzburg. Afterwards, he asked one of his professors where he could go to study agricultural statistics (biometry) and he said there were only two places, both in the US: NC State ...[text shortened]... dad certainly came to the US with a couple suitcases and a dream. He never regretted that decision.
    The issue, with all due respects to your comments, is that immigrants need to enter our country on OUR terms, not as invaders or what in the hell they are doing. You write like a liberal, you totally leave out that pesky element.
    As to 'who will do the work', I would think it quite normal that as new green card holders, that they would have to 'start somewhere', esp considering the english language barrier. You fellers omit a lot common sense in your posts.
    So, if they are admitted by our country to work here, those jobs are available. Everybody happy. So, could you re-write what you are really saying with your post. YOu could write about available opportunities for immigrants, as an example. Many of our posters here could use a dose of common sense.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Mar '24 13:28
    @spruce112358 said

My dad (South African) did his BS at the U. of Pietermaritzburg. Afterwards, he asked one of his professors where he could go to study agricultural statistics (biometry) and he said there were only two places, both in the US: NC State ...[text shortened]... dad certainly came to the US with a couple suitcases and a dream. He never regretted that decision.
    Hey, Spruce. Nice to hear from you. Welcome back!

Thanks for the great story.

Of course, I understand why people from downtrodden countries dream of coming to the USA. I'm just wondering why they don't equally or alternatively dream of going to Europe or Canada.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree