Why do people love the USA?

Why do people love the USA?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
46d

@sh76 said
Very informal metric, I know, but illuminating nonetheless.

After noticing some of these groups on my Facebook feed (yes, I'm old, sue me), I did a little counting:

Facebook groups that are called some variation of "I love USA": 12 groups of at least 100,000 members, including 8 of 230k or more, 5 of 300k or more and 2 of 500k or more.

"I love Europe" One group over 100 ...[text shortened]... ny people still consider it the shining city on the hill?

I have a theory, but I'll listen first.
propaganda.
hollywood.

Moves
46d

@sh76 said

After noticing some of these groups on my Facebook feed (yes, I'm old, sue me), I did a little counting:

Facebook groups that are called some variation of "I love USA": 12 groups of at least 100,000 members, including 8 of 230k or more, 5 of 300k or more and 2 of 500k or more.

"I love Europe" One group over 100 ...[text shortened]... ny people still consider it the shining city on the hill?

sadly that USA doesnt exist anymore.
however, if you are hiding a dick under your dress things are looking up

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
46d

@mott-the-hoople said
sadly that USA doesnt exist anymore.
however, if you are hiding a dick under your dress things are looking up
Weirdo.

Lake Como

Moves
46d

@zahlanzi said
propaganda.
hollywood.
Hmmmm,,the word Hollywood, twice in this thread? Are you jealous foreigners all wild about the beauty of our industries proliferating in the entire world? Your art and your chocolate candy are about the only things that we are envious of. Face it, y’all study our society all the time, and are influenced by it. Hollywood? Just the tip of the iceberg of what we have to offer in this country.

Lake Como

Moves
46d

@AverageJoe1
I just googled companies which might move in the Netherlands. Amsterdam production services, and ministry of film are two that I found,… Notice of the word, ministry, which depicts government is front center.
But, has anyone ever heard of any production company in the Netherlands. Have we ever heard of anything in the Netherlands for that matter? People all over the world know Hollywood. I rest my case.

Moves
46d

@shavixmir said
Weirdo.
I agree…but it is a fact.

Lake Como

Moves
45d

@averagejoe1 said
@AverageJoe1
I just googled companies which might move in the Netherlands. Amsterdam production services, and ministry of film are two that I found,… Notice of the word, ministry, which depicts government is front center.
But, has anyone ever heard of any production company in the Netherlands. Have we ever heard of anything in the Netherlands for that matter? People all over the world know Hollywood. I rest my case.
Meant to say ''which might make movies' in first sentence ....apologies

w

Moves
45d

@sh76 said

Isn't it just where Facebook users are from?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
45d

@averagejoe1 said
Hmmmm,,the word Hollywood, twice in this thread? Are you jealous foreigners all wild about the beauty of our industries proliferating in the entire world? Your art and your chocolate candy are about the only things that we are envious of. Face it, y’all study our society all the time, and are influenced by it. Hollywood? Just the tip of the iceberg of what we have to offer in this country.
Are you really bragging about California's accomplishments?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
45d

@averagejoe1 said
@AverageJoe1
Are you suggesting Hollywood is a company?

In the Netherlands, the equivellent (although considerably smaller) would be Hilversum. And the media park there.

Moves
45d

@sh76 said
People who love the USA - mainly Southern Fried Prosperity Gospelite MAGAhatters - also love to bleat about it on Boomerbook.

People who are satisfied living in Europe are not as crass.

Lake Como

Moves
45d

@athousandyoung said
Are you really bragging about California's accomplishments?
Just highlighting its impact on foreigners. USA impacts everything. Hey, did you see where Biden is pandering to our Latin population? Could this be why he opened the border for them to come in?

Lake Como

Moves
45d

@shallow-blue said
People who love the USA - mainly Southern Fried Prosperity Gospelite MAGAhatters - also love to bleat about it on Boomerbook.

People who are satisfied living in Europe are not as crass.
Shallow says USA citizens are crass. That, Euroeans are not. So noted, whatever that means. Has he ever watched an American movie?

Lake Como

Moves
45d
1 edit

@shavixmir said
Are you suggesting Hollywood is a company?

In the Netherlands, the equivellent (although considerably smaller) would be Hilversum. And the media park there.
You see, we don't know that.
But, you KNOW Hollywood. Makes my point.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
45d

@wildgrass said
Isn't it just where Facebook users are from?
I don't think so.

I have no data on it, as it doesn't seem to be easily collectible, but if you read the posts on those groups, you'll see that the vast majority seem to come from non-Americans.