What now for the Democrats?

What now for the Democrats?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Nov 16

Who or what can save the Democrats now? Mr. Sanders perhaps?

rain

Moves
13 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Who or what can save the Democrats now?
Four years of Trump.

rc

Moves
13 Nov 16

Originally posted by vivify
Four years of Trump.
yes but what for the Democratic party, what do they do now?

rain

Moves
13 Nov 16

Hopefully, work with Trump to improve the country, rather than be obstructionist a-holes like Reps were the last 8 years. Trump will get credited as a more effective president than Obama, since Dems have cared more about social improvements, and are more likely to compromise.

rc

Moves
13 Nov 16
1 edit

Hopefully, work with Trump to improve the country, rather than be obstructionist a-holes like Reps were the last 8 years. Trump will get credited as a more effective president than Obama, since Dems have cared more about social improvements, and are more likely to compromise.
Mr. Trump doesn't seem to me to be a typical Republican, he's more a Democrat in Republican clothing. Are the Democrats totally smashed? left in the lurch with little hope of recovery? Mr. Sanders could surely galvanise them, were there not record turnouts at his speeches?

Read a book!

Moves
13 Nov 16

Mr. Trump doesn't seem to me to be a typical Republican, he's more a Democrat in Republican clothing. Are the Democrats totally smashed? left in the lurch with little hope of recovery? Mr. Sanders could surely galvanise them, were there not record turnouts at his speeches?
Bernie Sanders is not a Democrat.

Read a book!

Moves
13 Nov 16

Who or what can save the Democrats now?
Elizabeth Warren

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Nov 16

Paul Ryan was on Fox News pushing for the privatization of Medicare; doubt very much that seniors (who voted heavily for Republicans) will like that very much. We'll see if Trump goes along with the Congressional Republican agenda; if so, I suspect the Dems fortunes will rebound fairly quickly.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
13 Nov 16

the political pendulum has swung right for now
the country will survive
it was not long ago when the republican party was in shambles
4 years of trump might just save the dems

E

Moves
13 Nov 16

I can remember back when Obama was elected and people said that Republicans need to change to get the WH again.

I don't think Hillary would have defeated any Republicans. It wasn't that the Republicans needed to change but they just needed to run against a bad enough opponent.

Obama was no Reagan. Reagan got Bush senior elected but Obama couldn't get Hillary elected.

If Trump can be a man for the people as Reagan was before he got shot, we will see Republicans in charge until an establishment type takes office.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
13 Nov 16
2 edits

The Democrats don't need saving. With Trump in the White House and the GOP in control of Congress, all the Democrats have to do, is sit on the sidelines, and wait for the political honeymoon to end. The population will soon discover Trump and Co. won't be able to keep even 20% of their lofty promises, and the mood of the country will swing in the other direction, since the GOP won't be able to blame the Democrats for their lack of progress. Trump and Co. is on a very short leash here. It should be interesting to watch. 😉

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Nov 16

Looks like they stir up people to burn down their own cities.

jb

Moves
13 Nov 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Looks like they stir up people to burn down their own cities.
With Soros paying for it all. LOL

Moves
14 Nov 16

Four years of Trump.
That may be all it takes to make this a one-party state. Republican, possibly relabeled.

K

Germany

Moves
14 Nov 16

Originally posted by no1marauder
Paul Ryan was on Fox News pushing for the privatization of Medicare; doubt very much that seniors (who voted heavily for Republicans) will like that very much. We'll see if Trump goes along with the Congressional Republican agenda; if so, I suspect the Dems fortunes will rebound fairly quickly.
Surely it will be political suicide to repeal Medicare? Maybe this is Paul Ryan's payback: just push through extremely unpopular measures and force Trump to defend them.