What is wrong with America

What is wrong with America

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
26 Sep 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Have you pledged alliegance to the republic for which the flag stands?
Yes, but once again that is not the government in charge. It is the nation that is ruled by the Constition. Once the government is no longer run by the rule of law (the Constitution), the government no longer governs the country that I've sworn allegiance to.

Of course this is all in principle. The government would have to make several more moves to the left before I'd even consider joining such a movement against the government. I'm just saying that there is a breaking point.

U

Moves
26 Sep 10

Originally posted by Eladar
Yes, but once again that is not the government in charge. It is the nation that is ruled by the Constition. Once the government is no longer run by the rule of law (the Constitution), the government no longer governs the country that I've sworn allegiance to.

Of course this is all in principle. The government would have to make several more moves to th ...[text shortened]... ning such a movement against the government. I'm just saying that there is a breaking point.
The government IS in charge. The Constitution is a document that spells out the powers of the government. It can only be amended by the politicians who are in charge.

" the government no longer governs the country that I've sworn allegiance to."

Elaborate on that, with specifics.

" The government would have to make several more moves to the left before I'd even consider joining such a movement against the government."

So you would resort to violence because you disagree with the political ideology of elected representatives?

E

Moves
26 Sep 10
3 edits

The government IS in charge. The Constitution is a document that spells out the powers of the government. It can only be amended by the politicians who are in charge.

To amend the Constitution you have to have the states vote on it, not simply Federal politicians.

The easiest way to amend the Constituiton is through the courts. Court cases decide what is Constitutional and what is not. It is a de facto amendment process which is why activist judges are to be avoided.

Elaborate on that, with specifics.

Specifically? When the government passes something so clearly against the Constituiton that people are willing to stand up and fight. It will have to be a rallying point. Until then, there is no hope for change. The federal government has already demonstrated that we are a Unitary form of government, not a Republic.

Hopefully we can find a bloodless change back to what this country was meant to be, but if not and the opportuntity avails itself (military movement based on the Constitution and the Republic) I would more than likely be willing to join it.

But at this point I still hold some hope of this country and its politicians will come to their senses.

You would have made a great Tory.

Heck, you'd make a great Bolshevik, but only after they had already taken power, being a big status quo guy. You and your do what politicians tell you to do! Politicians are all powerful, the people are nothing!

SR

Moves
27 Sep 10

He drive drunk without a helmet?
Is that Ebonic?

Moves
27 Sep 10
1 edit

[b]The government IS in charge. The Constitution is a document that spells out the powers of the government. It can only be amended by the politicians who are in charge.

To amend the Constitution you have to have the states vote on it, not simply Federal politicians.

The easiest way to amend the Constituiton is through the courts. Court cases de your do what politicians tell you to do! Politicians are all powerful, the people are nothing![/b]
You don't know what you are talking about and all this splitting hairs to justify your treasonous words is nothing but the ravings of an irresponsible and unpatriotic enemy of the Constitution and the People it represents. You have zero understanding of the foundations of the United States of America and the obligations of citizenship. I cannot think of a single thing you've actually got right in this whole discussion. Since you have failed to demonstrate any ability to reason or any capacity to shoulder the responsibility of the words that fall from your gaping mouth I can only conclude it is a complete waste of time to further communicate with you. Most likely our cherished freedoms (and our little Republic) will not last much longer if you are a true representative of the current quality of our citizens. My only consolation is the fact that people like you (with no loyalty and no compassion for their fellows) will not survive the coming hardships. You are a complete and total disappointment. A monument to a generation so wrapped up in fantasy that they couldn't even be bother to learn and appreciate what their forefathers had shed blood to give them.

E

Moves
27 Sep 10

You are a self righteous twirp now aren't you. I've answered your questions, you can keep yipping if you like.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Sep 10

Originally posted by TerrierJack
You don't know what you are talking about and all this splitting hairs to justify your treasonous words is nothing but the ravings of an irresponsible and unpatriotic enemy of the Constitution and the People it represents. You have zero understanding of the foundations of the United States of America and the obligations of citizenship. I cannot think of ...[text shortened]... 't even be bother to learn and appreciate what their forefathers had shed blood to give them.
Ouch!😲

F

Moves
27 Sep 10

Originally posted by TerrierJack
You don't know what you are talking about and all this splitting hairs to justify your treasonous words is nothing but the ravings of an irresponsible and unpatriotic enemy of the Constitution and the People it represents. You have zero understanding of the foundations of the United States of America and the obligations of citizenship. I cannot think of ...[text shortened]... 't even be bother to learn and appreciate what their forefathers had shed blood to give them.
Rec'd

E

Moves
27 Sep 10

Ouch!😲
You gave those ramblings the time of day? The men who died for this country wouldn't know it today. The further and further we stray from the Constitution, the further this country strays from what people died for.

I think someone protests too much. There must be something wrong with that Terrier guy. He's going off the deep end.

F

Moves
27 Sep 10

Ouch!😲
Rec'd

F

Moves
27 Sep 10

Conspicuously lacking support on this forum, Eladar has taken to claiming his stance is endorsed by "The men who died for this country".

MB

Moves
27 Sep 10

[b]The government IS in charge. The Constitution is a document that spells out the powers of the government. It can only be amended by the politicians who are in charge.

The easiest way to amend the Constituiton is through the courts. Court cases de ...[text shortened]... your do what politicians tell you to do! Politicians are all powerful, the people are nothing![/b]
I have heard the claim that the constitutional amendment to implement the national income tax was not ratified by enough states to be legal. Is that true?

E

Moves
27 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Metal Brain
I have heard the claim that the constitutional amendment to implement the national income tax was not ratified by enough states to be legal. Is that true?
I've heard that there was something messed up about that too. I don't know what it is, perhaps it was the ratification process. I suppose a google search would do.

But it really doesn't matter. It is law and until a large group of individuals with military support does somthing, the government can do whatever it wants to do.

Just did a google search and it seems that Ohio wasn't exactly a state when the amendment was passed. The president at the time was evidently born in Ohio. So I guess there is some technicallity stuff that people can argue.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Sep 10

Originally posted by Wajoma
You're correcting grammar on an informal debates board?

In a post where you use 'LOL'?
Didn't you correct me when I referred to driving a motorcycle? Let he who is without sin etc., grammar Nazi.

F

Moves
27 Sep 10

It is law and until a large group of individuals with military support does somthing, the government can do whatever it wants to do.
Militaries all around the world have to be on guard against traitors in their ranks. I suppose the U.S. military is no different.