This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 11:49
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Are you sure it's not just racial, i.e. more likely to be more violent against blacks versus whites?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 12:161 edit

4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 14:466 edits
    I guess the fact that the left wing was protesting at 5 times the rate and how that might disproportionately contribute to increased tensions between police and leftwing protestors was conveniently excluded from the analysis...

Notice 7% of Leftwing protest harmed people or resulted in property damage...that about 651 instances that had incurred damage according to the article.
    Further notice that statistic for the Rightwing group is not clearly presented. But if we take the percentage of peaceful rightwing protests as reported at 96%( to what extent can you be peacefully protesting and damaging property) to be a lower bound that would result in 92 incidences of damage.
    Now: Categorically they fail to mention what the extent of damage incurred was for each group, but I don't recall the right wing protestors looting, or burning buildings. Feel free the to enlighten me if I'm incorrect about this. What they need to present is a total damages cost for each group. Then we can look at proportionalities that may have contributed to greater use of force.

Lets assume that property damage is property damage. Meaning the magnitude of said damage was similar in each instance ( this is an assumption which highly favors leftwing protest in my opinion ). The Gaurdians say "3" time more likely to use force but they leave out the leftwing protests have done at least 7 times the damage. Why would they not mention the extent of the damages I wonder...

The funny thing about all this is police use Mathematics given to them by scientist to maximize effectiveness. Then, the same leftist that complain about not following "science" complain about how unfair the outcome of the methodology is! Its hurts my head....
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 16:321 edit
    ................DOG BITES MAILMAN, NO NEWS
    MAILMAN BITES DOG, BIG NEWS
    Most cops are pretty conservative, it' the nature of the beast.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 16:43
    @suzianne said
    Are you sure it's not just racial, i.e. more likely to be more violent against blacks versus whites?
    There was a study, years ago, which came to the same conclusion. It also concluded that the average police officer is more right-wing than the average citizen.
    The uniform, structure and authority appealing to certain types more than others.
    And that it was an issue which needed to be addressed.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 16:56

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 16:58

9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 17:402 edits
    No...I'm just pointing out ( what any rational thinker would realize ) key information oddly missing from the article that if presented would likely tell a different story about potential causes of the observed "discrepancy" of 3.3% other than use of force leftwing bias.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 17:56
    Estimates of the damage to private and public property as a result of the George Floyd "protests" 1 to 2 BILLION dollars.

Gee wiz...I can't imagine why these poor activist had more rubber bullets shot at them!
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 18:361 edit
    @suzianne said
    No. That is exactly the trap USAlian wokelings are falling into.

To be fair, in the USA, racism certainly is a part of it. But make no mistake: this is a trend all over the world, even in countries where your national hang-ups do not apply. Power, everywhere - and especially petty power such as is vested in a beat-pounding police person - always kicks down and sucks up.
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 10:46
    Thank God for that!
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 12:11
    @joe-shmo said
    Estimates of the damage to private and public property as a result of the George Floyd "protests" 1 to 2 BILLION dollars.

Gee wiz...I can't imagine why these poor activist had more rubber bullets shot at them!
    Funny that those "estimates" don't happen to say who actually did this damage. Peaceful protests generally don't result in property damage until/unless they are provoked by inordinate/excessive suppression and/or bad actors looking to blunt the protest by blaming protestors for the actions of those actors.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 12:16
    @shavixmir said
    There was a study, years ago, which came to the same conclusion. It also concluded that the average police officer is more right-wing than the average citizen.
    The uniform, structure and authority appealing to certain types more than others.
    And that it was an issue which needed to be addressed.
    Look at the Capitol riot. How many of those mostly white protestors got beaten down? Answer: not even a fraction as many as had they been black.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 13:08
    @suzianne said
    Funny that those "estimates" don't happen to say who actually did this damage. Peaceful protests generally don't result in property damage until/unless they are provoked by inordinate/excessive suppression and/or bad actors looking to blunt the protest by blaming protestors for the actions of those actors.
    This statement is so franking idiotic I've deleted my reply.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree