Trump's Taxes

Trump's Taxes

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by no1marauder
....Really right wingers on this site act like borderline idiots?..
Well the good news is that seeing as Trump's building a wall, they'll hopefully get over that...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by Eladar
Paying the taxes the government decided to collect isn't good enough for you.

OK

Do you follow this reasoning when you pay taxes?
If you recall, YOU started complaining about what percentage of his income Obama paid in taxes!

So this post is incredibly hypocritical and stupid.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Mar 17

Originally posted by JS357
That is highly suspect if you are talking about US federal income tax. There are brackets but not every dollar you earned is taxed at the highest bracket you are in. And the highest bracket only takes 39.6% of AGI OVER $415,050.
So essentially the loophole that lets Trump spread out almost a billion dollars in paper losses in one year in the 90s over decades cost the US Treasury over $20 million in taxes he should have paid in 2005 alone. And absent the AMT that figure would have been over $50 million.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
16 Mar 17
1 edit

That is highly suspect if you are talking about US federal income tax. There are brackets but not every dollar you earned is taxed at the highest bracket you are in. And the highest bracket only takes 39.6% of AGI OVER $415,050.
Keep in mind though; that's only federal taxes. State tax and municipal/property/school tax can double the taxation for many people (not Trump; I mean for "regular" people).

w

Moves
16 Mar 17

From what I hear, Trump paid a whopping $38 million in taxes in 2005.

To better put that into perspective, that is enough money to feed Michael Moore for 3 days.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
16 Mar 17

Originally posted by whodey

To better put that into perspective, that is enough money to feed Michael Moore for 3 days.
Thank God for the AMT. The AMT actually nicked me a little this year, but hey, I'm happy to make my contribution towards attack drones and cruise missiles.

MB

Moves
16 Mar 17

Originally posted by whodey

That is why I suspect Trump leaked his 2005 taxes himself. He expressed anger over the leak, but I suspect he did that to send a message to anybody else that they would be breaking the law. he doesn't want his recent tax returns to be released and he is hoping the 2005 taxes will satisfy most people, but it just makes me want to see his recent taxes even more.
So many people say Trump is following through with his promises, but not his taxes or Hillary being prosecuted. Just not true.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 17

Originally posted by techsouth
Long term capital gains are up to 20%. Short term capital gains are taxed like regular income.
Only for the very highest tax bracket. (39.6% bracket)

For the lowest 2 brackets, the CG rate is 0%. (10% and 15% brackets)

For all others, it is 15%. (25%, 28%, 33%, and 35% brackets)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 17

Originally posted by Eladar
So it is a tax that you are not counting as a tax. We have those too, ours is called a FICA tax.

Your rich can opt out of yours?
Because of caps, the rich opt out of ours, too.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 17

I really doubt Shav pays US income tax.

E

Moves
16 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Because of caps, the rich opt out of ours, too.
They max out, but they still pay. Just ask sh if he still pays after he caps out.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
16 Mar 17

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/yes-trump-paid-taxes-in-2005-they-just-dont-look-much-like-a-billionaires-taxes/ar-AAoozks?li=AA4Zjn&ocid=spartandhp

Trump's return shows he earned about $110 million off his investments — which includes a one-time, $32 million gain that came from selling off assets, while the rest comes from income earned off of rental real-estate and ownership of businesses and in the form of interest.

The second chunk — about $78 million — basically suggests what he's earnings from all his assets. It's a return of just 3% on $2.6 billion in assets, which isn't great, but it's not all Trump earned that year.  Trump discloses another $42 million of "business income" but it's not clear what this is and some could've been coming off of his role as star and part-owner of The Apprentice. 

Except for his work as an entertainer on the Apprentice, he got all his money simply because he's rich. Selling assets counts as income? Really? And he got income from being a landlord.

The man gets paid for being rich.