1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 18:17
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    I put this question out before and don't think it was ever answered.
    (unless I missed the response because I'm not here 7/24).

What is it about a liberal that causes the Sean Hannitys, Tucker Carlsons and Ann Coulters of this world to lose so much sleep at night ?

It can't be economic. America under Obama was still the most Capitalist country in the ...[text shortened]... question of Democrats.
    Why do conservatives rile you up ?

Asking as a Canadian of course. 🙂
    You don't think Hannity loses any sleep, right?

Getting riled up about liberals isn't an ideological action by Hannity and Fox "News", it's a business model. Feeding the conservative viewer base "Obama/HillaryAtheist is bad" crap 24/7 is how Hannity makes a ton of money.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 19:26
    Originally posted by @sh76
    I know trump has mental problems, but what specifically about that line of argument is irrational? All of those three things are true; whether you agree with his conclusion is another matter.
    Only one of those three things is true, actually. Trump ran for President before and failed (his 2000 platform included a call for universal health care); he's not a successful businessman unless you consider holding on to part of your inheritance (and then only through fraud) "success." He is quite good at being a reality TV star though.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 20:10
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Only one of those three things is true, actually. Trump ran for President before and failed (his 2000 platform included a call for universal health care); he's not a successful businessman unless you consider holding on to part of your inheritance (and then only through fraud) "success." He is quite good at being a reality TV star though.
    Trump beat 17 gop candidates, the dnc, the rnc, media and Clinton machine while being outspent 8 to 1. Now fulfilling campaign promises despite 24/7 media attacks. And best of all, has liberals crying in historic proportions. 😏
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 21:281 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    You're still advocating democracy...
    No, what I'm advocating is a return to Federalism.

The US was not created to be a democracy.

It is either my approach or watch the nation continue to split apart. That is what a pure democracy will do.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 21:29
    Oh, look at that. Whodey would rather speak about former president Obama again 😀
    And you would prefer to not remember him.

Understandable.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 22:18
    Originally posted by @whodey

Understandable.
    We remember him just fine.

Apparently you don't.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 22:21
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    We remember him just fine.

Apparently you don't.
    LMFAO!!!
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 22:27
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    LMFAO!!!
    It's all you're good at.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 23:07

Understandable.
    "Prefer"?

Need I remind you that I am not an American and can thus watch the freakshow that your country has turned into from a distance with mostly amusement while sipping my teaReveal Hidden Content
    am actually more of a coffee guy
    ?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 23:23
    No, what I'm advocating is a return to Federalism.

The US was not created to be a democracy.

It is either my approach or watch the nation continue to split apart. That is what a pure democracy will do.
    No, that is not what "pure democracy" will do.

I'd say it's what happens when a country has been "on top of the world" for way too many decades as other regions in the world were in turmoil and now that large parts of the world have caught up or even surpassed it, it is essentially a spoilt child unable to accept the fact it isn't quite as mighty as it once was.

So you get yourself yet another president threatening, bullying and insulting countries left and right because that's what the spoilt child has become used to.

Your problems aren't as large as you may think, but it does require a bit of inward thinking and some serious self reflecting. And, oh, I don't know... maybe a tiny bit less internal bickering like two spoilt siblings and instead some more cooperation and mutual understanding.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 00:362 edits
    No, that is not what "pure democracy" will do.

I'd say it's what happens when a country has been "on top of the world" for way too many decades as other regions in the world were in turmoil and now that large parts of the world have caught up or even surpassed it, it is essentially a spoilt child unable to accept the fact it isn't quite as mighty ...[text shortened]... l bickering like two spoilt siblings and instead some more cooperation and mutual understanding.
    Oh this takes the cake. So the US needs to get used to the fact that the US is falling behind the rest of the world and that they are a spoilt child?

Here is an idea, why don't you Europeans keep your Nobel Peace Prizes and fight your own damn wars like in Libya for a change! And yes Barak Obama, it really was a war.

It must be nice spending all your money on things you want rather than a military while hiding behind the skirt of the US.

Also, sorry to break it to ya but Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, so don't reheat those ovens just yet.

At least Europe is good at one thing, taking in all the sexual predators from the US like Polanski and Weinstein cuz they fit right in it seems.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 05:03
    Oh this takes the cake. So the US needs to get used to the fact that the US is falling behind the rest of the world and that they are a spoilt child?

Here is an idea, why don't you Europeans keep your Nobel Peace Prizes and fight your own damn wars like in Libya for a change! And yes Barak Obama, it really was a war.

It must be nice spending all you ...[text shortened]... ll the sexual predators from the US like Polanski and Weinstein cuz they fit right in it seems.
    Continuing the good fight of ensuring that generations yet to come still call us 'assh0les', I see.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 07:12
    Here is an idea, why don't you Europeans keep your Nobel Peace Prizes and fight your own damn wars like in Libya for a change! .
    Yes the European War that nobody talks about.
    LIBYA

It's in Africa you dolt.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 07:54
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42580762?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.com/news/topics/cp7r8vgl2lgt/donald-trump&link_location=live-reporting-story

From thw article:
    Dr Frances previously said the debate was unfair - but to people suffering from mental illnesses. "Bad behaviour is rarely a sign of mental illness, and the mentally ill behave badly only rarely," he said.
    "It is a stigmatising insult to the mentally ill (who are mostly well behaved and well meaning) to be lumped with Mr Trump (who is neither)."

And:
    Given the rule against diagnosing from afar, some argue that there should be a system in place for diagnosing Mr Trump up close.
    "A president could be actively hallucinating," writes the Atlantic, "threatening to launch a nuclear attack based on intelligence he had just obtained from David Bowie, and the medical community could be relegated to speculation from afar."

Hahahaha
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 07:55
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Yes the European War that nobody talks about.
    LIBYA

It's in Africa you dolt.
    Priceless!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree