Trump is crazy

Trump is crazy

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
07 Jan 18
1 edit

You heard it here first, Trump is crazy! 🙄

But it's just not Trump, it is pretty much anyone who would want the job. Just think of the responsibilities, the most powerful man or woman in the world who has some degree over pretty much anyone on the globe telling them how to live and think. Who sits around thinking to themselves, "Yea, I would be good at that.' At some point you are doomed to start a twitter war discussing who's button is bigger, it's only a mater of time.

But if you ask me, you all are crazy, cuz you all seem to want the job or are certain you know someone who should have the job. Why? It's because you believe in a thing called democracy. And what is democracy? It's a political philosophy that says we will elect people by majority to tell us how to live. That way at least less than half the population is really pissed off. How does that make any sense?

Infidel

Moves
07 Jan 18

"....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart ... I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star ... to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

So speaks the President of the USA.

It's been said before, but worth repeating: if a president in a comedy film had been portrayed like this it would have been deemed over-the-top.

Infidel

Moves
07 Jan 18

What would you like to see in place of democracy, Whodey?

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
07 Jan 18

Originally posted by @whodey
You heard it here first, Trump is crazy! 🙄
Finally whodey, finally, you've seen the light!

w

Moves
07 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kmax87
Finally whodey, finally, you've seen the light!
But not for the reasons you find him crazy.

Here is a man who promised to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, as all Presidents before him. But when he does what he said he would do, which is recognize the reality of the situation, he is called crazy. And who exactly did Trump piss off by recognizing the capital of Israel? You guessed it, he pissed off a great many people who deny that the Holocaust ever happened as well, which is more crazy people. Trump supposedly ruined a peace process that has gone no where in over half a century. LMAO!

I think I understand Trump in that he is a self promoter. Anything he does will be promoted as the absolute best. I think it more self advertisement than him believing it.

For example, Trump often sneers at climate deniers, but he also built a flood wall around a golf coarse he owns that is by the ocean even though it has never flooded there.

As for him wanting the job. He is an absolute loon. Why would you want to be forced to worry about the safety of yourself, and more importantly, your family for the rest of their lives while evoking absolute hate from at least half the nation?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
07 Jan 18

Originally posted by @great-king-rat
"....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart ... I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star ... to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

So speaks the President o ...[text shortened]... president in a comedy film had been portrayed like this it would have been deemed over-the-top.
I know trump has mental problems, but what specifically about that line of argument is irrational? All of those three things are true; whether you agree with his conclusion is another matter.

w

Moves
07 Jan 18

What would you like to see in place of democracy, Whodey?
I have consistently promoted decentralization via the Article V movement. States need to embrace the power taken from them by the Progressive movement so you don't have a hand full of loons telling us what to do because they think they have the answers to everything.

w

Moves
07 Jan 18
3 edits

Why was Obama never accused of being crazy for saying this?

http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/2008/06/this-was-moment-when-rise-of-oceans.html

"generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth"

Sounds like the Biblical prophesy in Revelation when the Messiah returns.

And did Obama really deserve that Nobel Peace Prize or is the world crazy for loving him so much?

Infidel

Moves
07 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sh76
I know trump has mental problems, but what specifically about that line of argument is irrational? All of those three things are true; whether you agree with his conclusion is another matter.
Are you serious?

He is the president of a major country. He then goes on to social media to type (let's assume it's not a team of writers that makes up these tweets) that he is "mentally stable" and is, LIKE
read that word in the voice of a fourteen year old girl; the type of person most likely to randomly use the word "like" like that
, "really smart".

And then continues by saying he is in fact a "stable genius".

And I left out the fact that he
the PRESIDENT of the USA, in case you forgot
also mentioned "Crooked Hillary".

That isn't how the president - the leader, if you will - of a country ought to behave, sir. It really isn't normal behaviour. Just because he's written this kind of ludicrous stuff so much one might become accustomed to it, doesn't mean it's normal.

It reminds me of Duchess64 randomly telling us about all the things she knows. The difference is that one is a nobody on a website and the other is the president of ~320 M people 😵

Oh, 'Murica, when will you get back to normality?

Infidel

Moves
07 Jan 18

I have consistently promoted decentralization via the Article V movement. States need to embrace the power taken from them by the Progressive movement so you don't have a hand full of loons telling us what to do because they think they have the answers to everything.
You're still advocating democracy...

Infidel

Moves
07 Jan 18

Why was Obama never accused of being crazy for saying this?

http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/2008/06/this-was-moment-when-rise-of-oceans.html

"generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the ...[text shortened]... nd did Obama really deserve that Nobel Peace Prize or is the world crazy for loving him so much?
Oh, look at that. Whodey would rather speak about former president Obama again 😀

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
07 Jan 18

Are you serious?

He is the president of a major country. He then goes on to social media to type (let's assume it's not a team of writers that makes up these tweets) that he is "mentally stable" and is, LIKE [hidden]read that word in the voice of a fourteen year old girl; the type of person most likely to randomly use the word "like" like that[/hi ...[text shortened]... other is the president of ~320 M people 😵

Oh, 'Murica, when will you get back to normality?
Well, the phraseology is just the way he talks. Call it diminished expectations, but the way he phrases things like everything is about him is not much of a story any more.

If anything, this particular line of argument (listing three accomplishments to show that he's smart) is comparatively rational for Trump.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jan 18
2 edits

So states like Kentucky can feel good about turning the place into a theocracy where creationism is now a science?
Personally, I think a lottery would make a political system as good or better than democracy.

Joe the Plumber wins lottery and is now POTUS. Wow, no billions spent buying off corporations, Joe has no affiliations, cannot be bought, at least for the first couple months anyway.

The present presidents have been bought off from day one. That MUST be better, eh.

Infidel

Moves
07 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sh76
... the way he phrases things like everything is about him is not much of a story any more.
Exactly.

Allow me to quote myself.

"That isn't how the president - the leader, if you will - of a country ought to behave, sir. It really isn't normal behaviour. Just because he's written this kind of ludicrous stuff so much one might become accustomed to it, doesn't mean it's normal."

m

Moves
07 Jan 18

I put this question out before and don't think it was ever answered.
(unless I missed the response because I'm not here 7/24).

What is it about a liberal that causes the Sean Hannitys, Tucker Carlsons and Ann Coulters of this world to lose so much sleep at night ?

It can't be economic. America under Obama was still the most Capitalist country in the world.
Speaking as a Canadian of course.

Is it social ?
As someone who doesn't believe in religion, I ask this.

What exactly is it.
I can ask the same question of Democrats.
Why do conservatives rile you up ?

Asking as a Canadian of course. 🙂