Time to dump Trump

Time to dump Trump

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
09 Nov 22
2 edits

Long past time, actually, but now...

That's three straight elections where Trump has either lost or watched as his hand-picked candidates have gone down in flames.

Republicans will probably take the House and can steal the Senate if they somehow draw an inside straight on the river, but in the context of a President with a 42% approval rating in a midterm, it was a historically underwhelming performance. And the candidates who got bounced in the House and Senate were generally the most Trumpy ones.

As DeSantis showed, Republicans can do very well in today's environment across many demographics, but the Trump act, especially the elections-fraud BS, is a sash weight around their necks.

I don't know exactly how, but the GOP must find a way to convince Trump to retire or just go away.

w

Moves
09 Nov 22

@sh76 said

That's three straight elections where Trump has either lost or watched as his hand-picked candidates have gone down in flames.

Republicans will probably take the House and can steal the Senate if they somehow draw an inside straight on the river, but in the context of a President with a 42% approval rating in a midterm, it was a histori ...[text shortened]...
I don't know exactly how, but the GOP must find a way to convince Trump to retire or just go away.
Lol good luck with that but there's so much rot going back decades. MAGA is the logical endpoint. Probably a better strategy would dissolve the GOP and rebuild it with a libertarian ideology. DeSantis is just a baby trump.

w

Moves
09 Nov 22

Trump runs the GOP even without holding office. His former press secretary is a governor now. Politicians like Ron desantis talk and act like trump, calling his opponents old donkeys instead of offering solutions for immigration, crime, economic issues in his state . Trumps influence permeates the republican party and isn't going anywhere soon.

Meanwhile the GOP has no party platform. They have no agenda. They have lost moral high ground with a focus on trying to fix cultural issues in which government has no place. What will they do with house leadership? Fix immigration? Laughable. Sadly they can't govern.

q

Moves
09 Nov 22

@sh76 said

Republicans will probably take the House and can steal the Senate if they somehow draw an inside straight on the river, but in the context of a President with a 42% approval rating in a midterm, it was a histori ...[text shortened]...
Agreed. Trump is a bad messenger and has a bad message. I think the party would do better with someone less corrupt and less abrasive with an alternative to the Democratic party's identity politics and continuous redistribution policies.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Nov 22

@sh76 said

Who knows; Kari Lake is already election denying an election she might win.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
09 Nov 22
3 edits

@sh76 said

You mean Trump was wrong and it wasn't Melania's fault that Oz Lost?? Now I'm really depressed!! 😏

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-furious-over-oz-losing-pennsylvania-blames-wife-melania-endorsement-report

t

Garner, NC

Moves
09 Nov 22

@sh76 said

There are many variables in play as time marches forward including social media, click based news generation, demographic shifts, declining birth rates, etc.

If Trump had never been born we'd still be in a totally different place now compared to 20 years ago.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Nov 22

@techsouth said
There are many variables in play as time marches forward including social media, click based news generation, demographic shifts, declining birth rates, etc.

If Trump had never been born we'd still be in a totally different place now compared to 20 years ago.
True, but it sure seems like the GOP would be a lot different if a Cruz or Rubio got the nomination in 2016.

Interesting that Rubio is now such an afterthought; he almost won as big as DeSantis yesterday.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
09 Nov 22
1 edit

@no1marauder said
True, but it sure seems like the GOP would be a lot different if a Cruz or Rubio got the nomination in 2016.

Interesting that Rubio is now such an afterthought; he almost won as big as DeSantis yesterday.
Yes, and they now say that Miami-Dade has flipped Red. Amazing results for those two,
considering this is the state where Trump lives, eh? No, Trump did not cause the overall loss.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Nov 22

@earl-of-trumps said
Yes, and they now say that Miami-Dade has flipped Red. Amazing results for those two,
considering this is the state where Trump lives, eh? No, Trump did not cause the overall loss.
"DeSantis is the first GOP governor to win Miami-Dade County, a Democratic stronghold, since Jeb Bush's re-election in 2002."

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-am-6dfad198-17ea-440c-8852-4501137c9f0a.html

Didn't exactly turn Jeb into a national electoral steamroller, did it?

m

Moves
09 Nov 22

@mchill said
You mean Trump was wrong and it wasn't Melania's fault that Oz Lost?? Now I'm really depressed!! 😏

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-furious-over-oz-losing-pennsylvania-blames-wife-melania-endorsement-report
So ....
We know about 2 perfect phone calls.
How many perfect endorsements ? 🤣

MB

Moves
10 Nov 22

@sh76 said

I think you are making false assumptions.

The abortion issue compelled democrats to vote more than they usually do, especially since a lot of the republicans that ran did so without making exceptions for abortion. Most people are simply pro choice.

It would not have mattered if god endorsed them. When choosing between the life of the mother or baby most choose the mother and abort the fetus. Abortion is not a black and white issue, it is a gray area. SCOTUS stopped the red wave by alarming the pro choice majority. It had nothing to do with Trump.

MB

Moves
10 Nov 22

@sh76
That being said, I hope DeSantis wins the GOP nomination unless Rand Paul runs again. I already dumped Trump. I never voted for him and I never will. Unfortunately a lot of people are fooled by him.

Planet Rain

Moves
10 Nov 22

@metal-brain said
@sh76
That being said, I hope DeSantis wins the GOP nomination unless Rand Paul runs again. I already dumped Trump. I never voted for him and I never will. Unfortunately a lot of people are fooled by him.
This must be your other personality that wrote this in the "Red Tsunami" thread tonight:
Why do you care? None of this really matters. Nothing will change very much regardless of which party controls congress. Both parties are controlled by billionaires. We really have only one party, the plutocracy. That is the result of extreme wealth inequality.

When will you accept our country is run by a minority and that both political parties are under their control? All of this fuss is just to convince you that you have a choice. You don't.

You are so screwed up in the head I imagine people ask you to take your hat off so they can open their champagne bottles.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
10 Nov 22

@wildgrass said
Lol good luck with that but there's so much rot going back decades. MAGA is the logical endpoint. Probably a better strategy would dissolve the GOP and rebuild it with a libertarian ideology. DeSantis is just a baby trump.
You think MAGA is the end point?
Hahaha

The only end point about it is that it’s where The humor ends and everything turns very nasty, very quick.