1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 20:281 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    But the reality of it is that a healthcare system like the UK's NHS will SAVE
    the US money, reduce waste, reduce bureaucracy, reduce legal fees!

The downside? Less choice and waiting lists.
    Small price to pay and anyone can still pay for private treatment if they so wish.
    I met a guy from the UK who moved to the US a decade ago because his child was not diagnosed correctly, and once diagnosed in the system he said there was great reluctance to correct the diagnoses. And if anything were to go wrong, such as an incorrect diagnoses, there was virtually no legal recourse.

So he came to the US and got adequate health care like he needed and never looked back.

Yes, it's nice to have options when you get the dirty end of the stick.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 21:11
    @whodey said
    I met a guy from the UK who moved to the US a decade ago because his child was not diagnosed correctly, and once diagnosed in the system he said there was great reluctance to correct the diagnoses. And if anything were to go wrong, such as an incorrect diagnoses, there was virtually no legal recourse.

So he came to the US and got adequate health care like he needed and never looked back.

Yes, it's nice to have options when you get the dirty end of the stick.
    The problem with your fictional story is that your made-up guy could have easily gotten a second opinion and/or private health care in the U.K.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 21:32
    @whodey said
    But I thought Obamacare was suppose to fix everything.

What went wrong?

Were we lied to? And if so, are we to trust those same voices today that demand NHC, that sold us Obamacare yesterday?

The most frightening aspect of government run health care is, once they have control we will never get it back. And once they have control, we lose control with no one to compla ...[text shortened]... s, conservatives may be faced with being denied those heart bypass procedures in the future as well.
    There you go with your fear about government control again ?
    Your entire viewpoint on just about everything is driven by your fear on big bad government.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 06:461 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    Being on Medicare doesn't prevent seeking private treatment, does it? So why would Medicare-for-all be any different?
    Because through taxation your ability to seek your own medical care is reduced.

Factor in those that contribute little but are absolutely reckless with their health and it takes another knock
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 06:56
    @mghrn55 said
    There you go with your fear about government control again ?
    Your entire viewpoint on just about everything is driven by your fear on big bad government.
    If you wanted to treat goobermint as say tobacco products or alcohol, it should come with warning labels, nothing comes close to goobermints for murdering, torturing, starving, millions of people. Total up all the deaths from drinking, drugs, smoking speeding drivers, guns, knives, hammers, dangerous sports and the you wouldn't make a dent in goobermints record for ending peoples lives prematurely.

A fear of big bad goobermint is reasonable.
    A desire for small good Government is warranted.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 07:05
    @whodey said
    I met a guy from the UK who moved to the US a decade ago
    Nice story ... now back to the facts.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 07:07
    @wajoma said

Factor in those that contribute little but are absolutely reckless with their health and it takes another knock
    And those ideas are based on .... what exactly?
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 07:391 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    And those ideas are based on .... what exactly?
    Ewe'd like to argue the opposite?

That people who are reckless with their health (fat, lazy, heavy drinkers, abusing drugs, 60 a day smokers, promiscuous sex with no protection, engage in other dangerous activities and sports) require less healthcare. That abusing your health in this way actually, in wolfgangs dream feelings, are more healthy than people who take regular exercise and eat healthily?

Is that ewe're position? wolfgang logic 🙄
  9. Germany
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 07:46
    @wajoma said

We should base policies on optimizing the common good, not on spite and envy.
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 07:59
    @kazetnagorra said
    We should base policies on optimizing the common good, not on spite and envy.
    Not sure who it is you think I'm envious of.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 08:06
    @wajoma said
    Not sure who it is you think I'm envious of.
    Most decent people.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 08:07
    @wajoma said
    Ewe'd like to argue the opposite?
    You make grand statements, they deserve to be supported by facts.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 08:101 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    You make grand statements, they deserve to be supported by facts.
    So you do think people who live unhealthy lifestyles require less healthcare?

Haha, I was joking but you're actually serious. wolfgang thinks that those who abuse their health are more healthy.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 08:17
    @wajoma said
    That abusing your health in this way actually, in wolfgangs dream feelings, are more healthy than people who take regular exercise and eat healthily?

Is that ewe're position?
    no
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 08:251 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    no
    So Ewe agree with my statement: People who abuse their health and are reckless with their health require greater healthcare.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree