1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 16:07
    @wolfgang59 said
    Evidence?

"Healthcare Holidays" is just an invention that
    the Daily Mail and others have jumped on.

Stick to the facts.
    And your another one that likes to repeat soundbites and talks out of their back passage.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/1-million-to-help-nhs-reclaim-debts-from-overseas-visitors
  2. Germany
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 16:171 edit
    @medullah said
    "Ibviously Implies" ?

What you mean is that you have drawn assumptions and you have no comprehension of the subject.

Healthcare holidays are never never applied around emergency treatment - that whole idea is farcical. If you needed emergency treatment then you probably wouldn't have time or be in a fit condition to travel any distance, and certainly not across contin ...[text shortened]... patients who require urgent healthcare while they are in the UK, even if they cannot afford to pay.
    Healthcare holidays are never never applied around emergency treatment - that whole idea is farcical. If you needed emergency treatment then you probably wouldn't have time or be in a fit condition to travel any distance, and certainly not across continents or countries.

Exactly!

Now, as your own link confirms, the NHS refuses treatment for non-emergency measures to those who do not have NHS coverage. So, no "healthcare holidays." The money that the NHS can not always recover is for emergency treatment for visitors. So this could be someone from outside the EU who is visiting a relative and gets involves in a traffic accident (for example).

I refer you to the other thread if it is still unclear to you in what sense Donald Trump admitted to aiding the Russian military in attacking the United States.
  3. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 16:21
    @kazetnagorra said
    Healthcare holidays are never never applied around emergency treatment - that whole idea is farcical. If you needed emergency treatment then you probably wouldn't have time or be in a fit condition to travel any distance, and certainly not across continents or countries.

Exactly!

Now, as your own link confirms, the NHS refuses treatment for ...[text shortened]... u in what sense Donald Trump admitted to aiding the Russian military in attacking the United States.
    So have you never heard of elective surgery ..........?

The UK Government web site which I keep telling you about reports that the UK is owed money - are you accusing them of being dishonest too?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 16:44
    @medullah said
    So have you never heard of elective surgery ..........?

The UK Government web site which I keep telling you about reports that the UK is owed money - are you accusing them of being dishonest too?
    From your own link, which you apparently have not read:

Only people who are ordinarily resident in the UK are eligible for free care, with non-EEA visitors required to pay a health surcharge when they apply for a visa to live temporarily in the UK.

The government remains committed to protecting the most vulnerable people in our society, including refugees, asylum seekers, victims of modern slavery and children cared for by local authorities.

NHS rules state that trusts must never withhold treatment from patients who require urgent healthcare while they are in the UK, even if they cannot afford to pay. This means any care clinicians say should not wait until a visitor’s departure from the UK, and recovery of charges can take place after the care has been provided. Where treatment is non-urgent and it can wait until they leave the UK, it must not be provided unless fully paid for in advance.

(emphasis mine)
  5. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 17:101 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    From your own link, which you apparently have not read:

Only people who are ordinarily resident in the UK are eligible for free care, with non-EEA visitors required to pay a health surcharge when they apply for a visa to live temporarily in the UK.

The government remains committed to protecting the most vulnerable people in our society, including ref ...[text shortened]... leave the UK, it must not be provided unless fully paid for in advance.[/b]

(emphasis mine)
    Yes I know but that wasn't always the case hence the fact that the NHS is owed money.

How do you account for th NHS being owed money if all the bills are paid along the way?
  6. Germany
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 18:09
    @medullah said
    Yes I know but that wasn't always the case hence the fact that the NHS is owed money.

How do you account for th NHS being owed money if all the bills are paid along the way?
    As your own link explains, and I have explained thrice before, the money owed is due to non-EEA visitors requiring emergency care, which is not refused. It is not due to "healthcare holidays" as you have misleadingly suggested, except to the extent that non-EEA citizens who require emergency treatment specifically travel to the U.K. to obtain it. I would imagine - as you do - that this occurs rather rarely.
  7. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 22:351 edit
    I'm doing this is block capitals as the message isnt getting through.

TO SUGGEST THAT ANYONE WOULD COME TO THE UK FOR EMERGENCY CARE IS COMPLETE AND UTTER NONESENSE AS IF THEY NEEDED EMERGENCY CARE GETTING AS FAR AS THE UK MAY BE BEYOND THE TOLLERANCES OF THEIR BODIES, PARATICULARLY IF YOU CONSIDER THAT THEAT THEY MAY HAVE TO TRAVEL ACROSS CONTINENTS OR COUNTRIES.

I can't make it easier than that that.

YOU are the one that have suggested that emergency healthcare is involved on the basis of an assumption. The healthcare holiday applies to those procedures that would be more often classified as elective.

THe NHS web site which I have now quoted 3 times tellls you of the money that the UK is owed, I can do no more than assume that in your case the lights are on but there is nobody at home.

ONLY YOU have tried to make emergency treatment part of the conversation.

I must therefore consider you to be trying to wind me up (again) and be some sort of troll.

I hope that you have had fun. The sad thing is that a lot of good information could be exchnaged in this forum, but you always get one (that would be you) .

Peace be with you.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 22:52
    @medullah said
    I'm doing this is block capitals as the message isnt getting through.

TO SUGGEST THAT ANYONE WOULD COME TO THE UK FOR EMERGENCY CARE IS COMPLETE AND UTTER NONESENSE AS IF THEY NEEDED EMERGENCY CARE GETTING AS FAR AS THE UK MAY BE BEYOND THE TOLLERANCES OF THEIR BODIES, PARATICULARLY IF YOU CONSIDER THAT THEAT THEY MAY HAVE TO TRAVEL ACROSS CONTINENTS OR COUNTRIES.

I ca ...[text shortened]... could be exchnaged in this forum, but you always get one (that would be you) .

Peace be with you.
    The only care one might be able to obtain on a "holiday" as a non-EEA citizen is emergency care. The NHS refuses to provide non-emergency care to non-EEA visitors without upfront payment. Since the NHS is not providing that care, it could not possibly have costs that it could recoup. The only costs it might fail to recoup pertain to emergency care provided to non-EEA visitors - and indeed, it sometimes does fail to recoup those costs as it can be difficult to track down people on other continents and obtain cooperation from local authorities for the reimbursement.

Is anything still unclear?
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 23:33
    @kazetnagorra said
    The only care one might be able to obtain on a "holiday" as a non-EEA citizen is emergency care. The NHS refuses to provide non-emergency care to non-EEA visitors without upfront payment. Since the NHS is not providing that care, it could not possibly have costs that it could recoup. The only costs it might fail to recoup pertain to emergency care provided to non-EEA vis ...[text shortened]... s and obtain cooperation from local authorities for the reimbursement.

Is anything still unclear?
    Clarification Request:

Should immigration control assess a persons health to make sure anyone requiring emergency medical care be refused entry?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree