1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 15:11
    @shavixmir said
    Corbyn, whether you agree with his policies or not, has been subject to 3 years of the press harassing his personality and habits (he owns an allotment in which he grows his own vegetables, for example).

So, the man is unhandy in front of a camera, and he’s not very good at interviews (whoever told him to do media training should be shot... he’s way too honest for that k ...[text shortened]... It’s never happened before.
    But we don’t want leaders who don’t form opinions!

Ahhhh... yes....
    Stop bitching like a little girl Shav.

Labour didn’t lose because Jezza likes a bit of home grown veg, they lost because they are strategically clueless, scared of their own shadow when it came to Brexit and what polices they did have read like something out of the Olde Magic of Narnia by C.S Lewis.

You know it’s true, so why not accept it and show some fuking integrity.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 15:20
    @divegeester said

Labour didn’t lose because Jezza likes a bit of home grown veg, they lost because they are strategically clueless, scared of their own shadow when it came to Brexit and what polices they did have read like something out of the Olde Magic of Narnia by C.S Lewis.

Not to break up the insult party, but it's an interesting fact that pro-second referendum parties got the majority of the votes in the UK, but an anti-SR party won a large majority of the seats.

And in Scotland, anti-(a different) second referendum parties got the majority of votes, but a pro-SR party won a large majority of seats.

What does that say about representative democracy in Britannia?
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 15:24
    @divegeester said
    Don’t want Tories? Vote for Labour. Even hard core Labour generational down-the-pits-scargillites voted Tory.

Don’t want Brexit? Vote LibDem. Only the rich privileged Londoners did. Everywhere else people abandoned them.

Tories: “Get Brexit done!” people voted for it.

Leave won. Twice. Get over it.
    I have no quims about brexit. You know that (other than that I think it’s not going to achieve any of the goals promised; therefor based on lies). I want Britain (and Poland) booted out of the EU. I’ve said it 100 times.

Goodbye and good riddance.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 15:28
    @divegeester said

Pointless.

Be as insulting as you want.
    You know as well as I that the tory campaign was based on lies and that the media have had it in for Corbyn for years.

And you know as well as I, that once England leaves the EU, that by the next election most of the northern constituences will have switched back to Labour.

What you fail to register is the divide which has happened and is only going to get bigger.
    And that is what your worry should be.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 15:47
    @shavixmir said
    Be as insulting as you want.
    That is Shav typing your post??
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 15:48
    @shavixmir said
    You know as well as I that the tory campaign was based on lies and that the media have had it in for Corbyn for years.
    Nonsense, I don’t know this and I don’t agree with it.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 15:49
    @shavixmir said
    And you know as well as I, that once England leaves the EU, that by the next election most of the northern constituences will have switched back to Labour.
    That remains to be seen, but probably, yes.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 15:51
    @shavixmir said
    What you fail to register is the divide which has happened and is only going to get bigger.
    And that is what your worry should be.
    The left have been dialing up the “divide” rhetoric for 30 years.

And to be totally honest, for the first time in 3.5 years I’m not worried at all.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 16:44
    @divegeester said
    The left have been dialing up the “divide” rhetoric for 30 years.

And to be totally honest, for the first time in 3.5 years I’m not worried at all.
    You do realise that polarization has been increasing. Constantly.

Nothing productive is going to come from it.

Let me ask you:

Do you really think there’s going to be 40 new hospitals with 50.000 new nurses in 5 years time?

And that’s just one example of tory lies.
    And... what’s that got to do with the EU?

Do you really think Britain’s going to lessen the trade deals with Europe to keep foreigners out?

Do you really think the NHS is going to be better off with Brexit?

See? This sort of rubbish is what’s doing your country in.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 17:01
    @no1marauder said
    Not to break up the insult party, but it's an interesting fact that pro-second referendum parties got the majority of the votes in the UK, but an anti-SR party won a large majority of the seats.

And in Scotland, anti-(a different) second referendum parties got the majority of votes, but a pro-SR party won a large majority of seats.

What does that say about representative democracy in Britannia?
    Like anywhere FPTP is a poor proxy for representative democracy, but to be honest if it went the other way I’d have taken the win.
    But given that this was billed as a brexit ballot the brexiteers shouldn't be crowing to loud or getting to comfortable about the future relationship with the EU.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 17:09
    @mister-moggy said
    @divegeester

my dog has cancer.

it is breaking my heart. i have spent 20k so far for radiation treatment.

it will be what it will be,
    You people have too much f***ing money. 20k for a dying dog? Sad.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 17:111 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Like anywhere FPTP is a poor proxy for representative democracy, but to be honest if it went the other way I’d have taken the win.
    But given that this was billed as a brexit ballot the brexiteers shouldn't be crowing to loud or getting to comfortable about the future relationship with the EU.
    Bravo for your honesty Kev.

To your second point, I and others have said all along that the numbers haven’t changed since 2016. What did change was the moderates got sick of the parliamentary shenanigans and dropped the Libs and loads of Labour supporters didn’t trust Jeremy or the Labour Party to deliver on the one issue.

The next election will be far tighter, hence Boris dancing around in the north already.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 22:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '19 00:131 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Dec '19 02:45
    @divegeester said
    Hey, we won. Again.
    Who won?
    Who are the "we" you suddenly belong to?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree