1. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 07:01
    @kazetnagorra said
    Not that it matters, but every part of "uber left wing tenured professor" is wrong.

It's also funny that, even though I have expressed moderate economic views on this forum, that I am "uber left wing" is inferred entirely from my modest opposition to racism.
    I think people consider you to be very left wing because you have come off as a soft totalitarian that wants to stifle free speech in this very forum, suggesting even that Breitbart articles are inappropriate to share.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 07:11
    @philokalia said
    I think people consider you to be very left wing because you have come off as a soft totalitarian that wants to stifle free speech in this very forum, suggesting even that Breitbart articles are inappropriate to share.
    It's very telling that you consider "authoritarian" (which I am not by any stretch of the imagination) a feature of specifically the "left wing."

I don't "want to stifle free speech in this very forum." This forum does not have "free speech." I do think white supremacists should be deplatformed if they wish to use private companies to disseminate their views. Unfortunately, the way the new Posting Guidelines are applied seems to be that personal attacks and explicit racial slurs are removed, while material promoting white supremacist views and websites remains hosted on this site. This situation is, in my view, worse than the status quo ante, as now white supremacists are emboldened by their material not being removed, as their non-removal can be considered an explicit endorsement of said material from RedHotPawn.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 07:35
    @kazetnagorra said
    It's very telling that you consider "authoritarian" (which I am not by any stretch of the imagination) a feature of specifically the "left wing."

I don't "want to stifle free speech in this very forum." This forum does not have "free speech." I do think white supremacists should be deplatformed if they wish to use private companies to disseminate their views. Unfortun ...[text shortened]... ed, as their non-removal can be considered an explicit endorsement of said material from RedHotPawn.
    (1) Oh, sure, there can be actual right wing totalitarianism. Many countries have experienced it, and perhaps you cuold say that the Phillippines is experiencing that now.

(2) The word 'white supremacist' has become far too broad of a category and we should not apply it to people that it does not explicitly fit.

I do not know what it means anymore other than "this is more right wing than Jeb Bush."

What does it mean?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 08:09
    @philokalia said
    (1) Oh, sure, there can be actual right wing totalitarianism. Many countries have experienced it, and perhaps you cuold say that the Phillippines is experiencing that now.

(2) The word 'white supremacist' has become far too broad of a category and we should not apply it to people that it does not explicitly fit.

I do not know what it means anymore other than "this is more right wing than Jeb Bush."

What does it mean?
    It describes people (some of them active on this forum) who regard the "white" race or culture as innately superior, therefore support measures aimed at increasing "whiteness" or reducing migration for the purposes of doing so, or promote segregation between "whites" and other perceived races.

Read more:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 08:25
    Oh, OK, I have not read anything like that at Breitbart and I do not even think that AmRen or Vdare necessarily advance a position that white people are innately superior. Indeed, I have heard Jared Taylor talk extensively about how the average Asian IQ is higher than the average white IQ. The guy is even a scholar of Japanese.

Vdare is really a hodge-podge.

I do not believe that whites are innately superior to anyone. How can any race be superior to another? There's no measure for such a thing.

If you continue to throw this word around, y ou really should use it with precision.

Otherweise what you are doing is no different from red baiting.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 08:44
    @philokalia said
    Oh, OK, I have not read anything like that at Breitbart and I do not even think that AmRen or Vdare necessarily advance a position that white people are innately superior. Indeed, I have heard Jared Taylor talk extensively about how the average Asian IQ is higher than the average white IQ. The guy is even a scholar of Japanese.

Vdare is really a hodge-podge.

I do n ...[text shortened]... use it with precision.[/b]

Otherweise what you are doing is no different from red baiting.
    I see. So you do not recall having ever read on those sites a defence of Trump's call for a halt to the travel of Muslims to the U.S.?
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 10:57
    @kazetnagorra said
    I see. So you do not recall having ever read on those sites a defence of Trump's call for a halt to the travel of Muslims to the U.S.?
    Oh yes, I recall that.

How is that racist?

Of course, I know what you are going to do:

Muslims are not white Christians,
    White Chrisitans do not want to live with large amounts of Muslims,
    their motive is purely racist...
    Etc.

But it's more complicated than that -- it's not that simple at all.

We have a very rough history with Islamic countries, and so does much of the West. There's also a desire to maintain our identity and values unchanged, and much of the internal pressure that we have from our own political polarization produces this feeling like we have to actually fight to preserve our identity, because it really has been changing very rapidly.

One of the ways to do that is through the limitation of mass migration.

This is actually a very normal policy that every single country outisde of the West practices quite stringently. Indeed, bloodlines are still counted patrilineally in the Muslim world.

You've set up this ridiculous dichotomy that people who do not specifically endorse your anti-racist perspectve must actually be racists. But that is not how they would describe themselves or their own situation and is a fundamentally unfair assessment.

So, I think you should think about these things from their perspectives a bit, and soften up your stances.

You could grow as a person.
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 11:09
    @wolfgang59 said
    So other products are priced at "88" but by your own admission you don't know why and choose to assume it is for "some reason or another"?
    Bravo.
    Good investigation.

Could the "some reason or another" be ....
    What "investigation" have you done?

Have you interviewed the person responsible for pricing? You have done NOTHING
    but wag your finger and ACCUSE.

You don't know the retail trade, I don't know the retail trade, and there you are
    saying if I do not know the answer to your juvenile questions, you award yourself
    great victory!!

Get bent.
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 11:12
    @wolfgang59 said
    And it is now priced at $87.50

Why?

I suppose their manufacturing costs went down ... right, Earl?
    You should really ask the pricer of the outlet in question.

All I know is, at $87.50, it PROVES that the price on the baseball is not a dog whistle.

Thanks for playing!
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 11:14
    @wolfgang59 said
    I think it's obvious you are plainly refusing to answer simple questions.
    If they are THAT simple to answer, then YOU answer them.

Sit here and talk to yourself, because "For you, Hogan, the war is over"
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 11:16
    @athousandyoung said
    When Helter Skelter 2: Electric Boogaloo goes down Earl of Trumps is going to be so surprised...

Don't worry Earl, it's just a retro concert. 😉
    What are you babbling about, old goat?
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 11:17
    @philokalia said
    Do you honestly think that Pres. Trump is trying to secretly communicate to his base that he is a Nazi?

This is by definition a conspiracy, lol.
    And these freekin' maroons believe it LOL
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 11:211 edit
    @no1marauder said
    I think it also shows how lousy right wingers are at using the internet; I did a search for "88 in homeland security press release" and found the material in less than a minute or so.

None of the right wingers here seem to have been able to conceptualize such a simple way to find an explanation for the oddity and instead just argued for pages.
    And did Homeland Security say that Trump was on the watch list for sending
    out dog whistles?? LOLOLOL

I can see it now. Trump gets on the phone and calls the store.
    "You better mark the price of that baseball at $88 so I can send a dog
    whistle to the white supremacists"

LOLOL

You maroons actually believe this crap. Pathetic
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 11:382 edits
    @philokalia said
    I consider him "uber left wing" because he once expressed sentiments something along the line of "countries shouldn't have/patrol borders". Then there is the fact that he is persecuting the number 88...I assume next he will accuse chestnuts of being lazy.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 11:45
    @kazetnagorra said
    First of all, no1 is not of "my own" - I have disagreed with him on these forums many times.

Secondly, I don't mind being wrong at all - that's how I get to be right so often - and no1 provides a reasonable alternative explanation although the turn of phrase is still odd.

How about you try your hand at the inverted triangle thing now?
    Why don't you get back to doing important things in physics and let this asinine thread die?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree