Tell Us Again About Respecting Islamic Cultures

Tell Us Again About Respecting Islamic Cultures

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
04 Feb 23

@averagejoe1 said
My goodness. I do believe you took my response to your ‘shut up half wit” post personally!!😂 I referenced ‘they’, not you. Ha ha. You liberals are truly so sensitive. It is beyond my imagination. Do you get offfeennnnnndded easily as well?
Downer. I can help you if you think you need to toughen up.
Yeah cos I could give a 💩 about your opinion of me or anyone else below average Joe. Just trying to keep you honest, heaven knows it ain’t easy.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
04 Feb 23

@averagejoe1 said
But why do he libs take any time to read up on Islam? Does it mean you have a nefarious goal, or mission, ,,,,,what is the deal? So weird/. I think I will go play golf
See Joe this is why you are so treacle thick, you never read anything beyond a beer bottle label. Doesn’t stop you judging all those things you know absolutely nothing about though does it.

Moves
04 Feb 23

Waiting for someone to bring up the Crusades from 1000 years ago or the Salem Witch Trials in an effort to claim Christianity is just as bad or worse than Jizzlam.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
04 Feb 23

@jj-adams said
Waiting for someone to bring up the Crusades from 1000 years ago or the Salem Witch Trials in an effort to claim Christianity is just as bad or worse than Jizzlam.
Again all religions are bad when the idiots who adhere to them get to make laws, if they keep their nonsense in their churches, mosques and temples then they are more or less harmless

Moves
04 Feb 23

@kevcvs57 said
Again all religions are bad when the idiots who adhere to them get to make laws, if they keep their nonsense in their churches, mosques and temples then they are more or less harmless
very stupid statement

Lake Como

Moves
04 Feb 23
2 edits

@mott-the-hoople said
very stupid statement
I think then that you are saying that people should leave their personal religious thoughts at the door when they enter negotiations about policy.
What about their other personal thoughts? Such as, I hate the Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor, because. I lost my grandad in that bombing.
So how can you distinguish religion But not any other personal influences? Yes, Mott was right, your comment really holds no water.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
04 Feb 23

@mott-the-hoople said
very stupid statement
Only when viewed by a very stupid person, government and a belief in supernatural judgemental creatures is a toxic mix.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
04 Feb 23

@averagejoe1 said
I think then that you are saying that people should leave their personal religious thoughts at the door when they enter negotiations about policy.
What about their other personal thoughts? Such as, I hate the Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor, because. I lost my grandad in that bombing.
So how can you distinguish religion But not any other personal influences? Yes, Mott was right, your comment really holds no water.
That’s a very idiosyncratic example but that person probably shouldn’t be on the Japanese liaison committee other than that his opinion about Japanese people probably won’t be relevant.
The problem with religion is that the scope of opinion covers the entirety of what the religious observer considers to be the worth of another person. Secondly how can a religious person NOT try to bend their fellow citizens to the will of what they believe to be the ultimate truth and authority in the universe. But the biggest danger religion poses to civil society is its certitude.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
04 Feb 23

@kevcvs57 said
That’s a very idiosyncratic example but that person probably shouldn’t be on the Japanese liaison committee other than that his opinion about Japanese people probably won’t be relevant.
The problem with religion is that the scope of opinion covers the entirety of what the religious observer considers to be the worth of another person. Secondly how can a religious person NO ...[text shortened]... authority in the universe. But the biggest danger religion poses to civil society is its certitude.
kev doesn't like certitude except his own.

Lake Como

Moves
04 Feb 23

@kevcvs57 said
The problem with religion is that the scope of opinion covers the entirety of what the religious observer considers to be the worth of another person. Secondly how can a religious person NO ...[text shortened]... authority in the universe. But the biggest danger religion poses to civil society is its certitude.
That encompasses a lot….but get this.
I don’t know which of y’all is the most liberal, but let’s say it’s Shav , since he thinks the government should provide housing for everybody. So I am here to tell you that if he and I were on the same committee, he would try to swing me purely based upon his liberal dogma imbedded in him over the years. Like, if I would be fighting to stop this foolish idea of letting students not pay their debts, while Shav’s sits there, thinking quite logically in his mind that the government should maybe erase all debt? Why not? He would come to the table with pre-formed opinions coming right out of the gate.
. So again and your comment here is just not getting traction..