2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 14:531 edit
    @jj-adams said
    10 years for engaged couple that danced together:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/young-couple-iran-were-sentenced-103126096.html
    That’s not anything to do with Islamic culture and everything to do with forcing others to adhere to your own interpretation of any given religion or world view.
    All monotheistic religions have the potential for this due to the moral certitude that can come with them.
    Thats why secularists like myself have to keep a very close eye on the threat of theocracy via the ballot box and other means. Roe v Wade for instance and the constant religion based drumbeat of hatred toward the gay and trans communities.
  3. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 15:022 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    That’s not anything to do with Islamic culture and everything to do with forcing others to adhere to your own interpretation of any given religion or world view.
    Are there any Christian nations that are doing that?
    Seems like Western religion/culture are all about appeasing and accepting everyone else.
    Islam, however?
    It's all they do is be tyrannical.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 15:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 15:46
    @jj-adams said
    Seems like Western religion/culture are all about appeasing and accepting everyone else.
    Islam, however?
    Moral monism in all its forms, both secular and religious, leads to repression of diversity and oppression of free thinkers.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 17:05
    @jj-adams said
    Islam, however?
    Yeah that’s obvious from the right wing ๐Ÿ’ฉcoming out of extreme evangelical politicos in the US ๐Ÿ™„. The US is one coup / voting right restriction away from an extremist Christian theocracy.
    Religion and justice systems / governments make a bad marriage period.
  7. Standard memberEndLame
    ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 17:13
    See how the Europeans attack western Christians instead of condemning the Muslims?

This thread is about Muslims and they are so scared to say anything bad about them, so they mention Christians and religion....
  8. Standard memberEndLame
    ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 17:18
    These ridiculous laws that come from that religion will be commonplace once they have the majority.

I see England falling first ๐Ÿค”
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 02:55
    @jj-adams said
    Islam, however?
    Americans want to put doctors in jail for performing abortions. Americans want women to die because of an ectopic pregnancy rather than have an abortion. There are americans who want to give jail time to teachers for having certain books in the classroom.

"Seems like Western religion/culture are all about appeasing and accepting everyone else."
    Yeh like the american christians who make death threats towards doctors, teachers, gays, trans people, women forced to carry an ectopic pregnancy until they fester and die.

There are talibans in the US too.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 08:361 edit
    @booger said
    See how the Europeans attack western Christians instead of condemning the Muslims?

This thread is about Muslims and they are so scared to say anything bad about them, so they mention Christians and religion....
    If you’re stupid enough to think anyone has to explain to you that they condemn the fascist Iranian regime then you should have a support worker on here with you, I just hope it’s not jj.
    The point I’m trying to make is that living in a theocracy is the problem not any particular religion.
    I know plenty of Muslims and not one of them would agree with the Iranian theocracy on this. Everyone should get to live their lives within the constraints of secular civil law, if you don’t agree with couples dancing then don’t do it, if you don’t agree with a gay or trans life then don’t live one. Do stay the hell out of everyone else’s face and keep your imaginary creatures commands to yourself.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 08:41
    @kevcvs57 said
    If you’re stupid enough to think anyone has to explain to you that they condemn the fascist Iranian regime then you should have a support worker on here with you, I just hope it’s not jj.
    The point I’m trying to make is that living in a theocracy is the problem not any particular religion.
    I know plenty of Muslims and not one of them would agree with the Iranian theocracy ...[text shortened]... Do stay the hell out of everyone else’s face and keep your imaginary creatures commands to yourself.
    asholes fail to realize many (most?) iranians who live under that oppressive regime ARE muslims. They don't want to imprison couples for dancing, they don't want to kill gays or women(little girls even) for not wearing hijabs.

Just like not all americans want little 12 year olds to carry their rapist child to term.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 09:23
    @zahlanzi said
    asholes fail to realize many (most?) iranians who live under that oppressive regime ARE muslims. They don't want to imprison couples for dancing, they don't want to kill gays or women(little girls even) for not wearing hijabs.

Just like not all americans want little 12 year olds to carry their rapist child to term.
    I guess Fox News and truth social aren’t covering all them Iranian Muslims risking death, torture and rape to stand up to a fascist theocracy, they probably think that the victims should have just complied with the morality police and the counter revolutionary guard.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 10:23
    @kevcvs57 said
    I guess Fox News and truth social aren’t covering all them Iranian Muslims risking death, torture and rape to stand up to a fascist theocracy, they probably think that the victims should have just complied with the morality police and the counter revolutionary guard.
    Don't be ridiculous you far right shyte head.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 10:57
    https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1620835285188886528?t=u62mX6U8JWp9YuMXnnve6Q&s=19

texan pastor says a woman shouldn't get to have a say when and if her husband impregnates her. That a man isn't a real man if he asks for permission.

This is the kind of American that the politicians trying to ban abortion nation wide represent. This is the kind of American who, by his own admission, will later try to ban contraceptives.

Right now, in the US, there are way more Christian religious zealots than there are of any other religion. Right now, in the US, christians are the ones trying to institute a theocracy. To take away people's rights.

But by all means, please whine some more about how intolerant muslims are.
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 11:11
    @zahlanzi said
    https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1620835285188886528?t=u62mX6U8JWp9YuMXnnve6Q&s=19

texan pastor says a woman shouldn't get to have a say when and if her husband impregnates her. That a man isn't a real man if he asks for permission.

This is the kind of American that the politicians trying to ban abortion nation wide represent. This is the kind of American who ...[text shortened]... away people's rights.

But by all means, please whine some more about how intolerant muslims are.
    slow clap for zahlooney, out of a population of 300 000 000 he found a nutcase.

clap

clap

clap

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree