1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 19:503 edits
    @thelistener said
    Sorry, Viv, I am not adept at getting this, but I am sure you are right. On another subject, do you think Trump has done one good thing as President? I know he should have handled Corona like Jesus would have, but what good stuff has he done? Yes, I am messing with you!!
    He's been proposing tough measures on pharmaceutical companies. He first required drug companies to produce domestically, and most recently, signed executive orders to lower drug prices on insulin and other drugs, along with some other measures.

This is a shocking measure from a guy who just give the rich a $1.3 trillion dollar tax break only two years ago. But it's mostly likely because Trump's trying to win an election, since this only a recent act.
  2. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 20:18
    @vivify said
    He's been proposing tough measures on pharmaceutical companies. He first required drug companies to produce domestically, and most recently, signed executive orders to lower drug prices on insulin and other drugs, along with some other measures.

This is a shocking measure from a guy who just give the rich a $1.3 trillion dollar tax break only two years ago. But it's mostly likely because Trump's trying to win an election, since this only a recent act.
    Be that as it may, watch the news today and see the that dems have moved about 1 inch towards solving problems that are in the news, indeed. Really, a meeting is going on right now. Then see what the positions of each party are. Be open-minded.......astounding. The dems are using this state of affairs to see that Trump loses in November, at the expense of everything you have been writing about.

All to no avail, however. I am a market kinda guy, and trust me, the Stock Market knows Trump is going to win. So, all this suffering visited upon the struggling part of our population will have been for naught. Do you know that Biden takes a nap everyday? Trump sleeps about 5 hours, when it's dark. I like Biden cause he says Hey Man all the time. What a choice.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 20:34
    @thelistener said
    Be that as it may, watch the news today and see the that dems have moved about 1 inch towards solving problems that are in the news
    Republicans control the Senate, Executive and Judicial branch of government. And for the first half of Trump's presidency, Republicans also controlled the house, meaning every branch of government was controlled by Republicans.

Yet you blame them for not accomplishing anything?

Conservatives make judgments based on their lack of knowledge. This is largely in due to the fact that Conservatives deliberately stay in their mostly white Christian bubbles.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 21:23
    @thelistener said
    but, remember that this trillion is derived from printing money.
    Is it, is it really?
    Just add it to the National Debt as Trump did.

When you borrow do you call that "printing money"?
  5. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 21:571 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    Is it, is it really?
    Just add it to the National Debt as Trump did.

When you borrow do you call that "printing money"?
    A lot of terms are thrown around, note that it took $1.11 to buy a Euro last year. It now takes $1.20. Factor that into our comments on economics and money, do you see a little problem going on? Call it what you like.....the money is either getting printed, or borrowed, or derived from govt revenues (taxes). No comment beyond that, too complicated, but would you rather have a businessman figure all that out, or a character like Joe C'mon Man. Yes,, the businessman Trump who hates dogs and children,..... But, as AJoe once pointed out, I will hire the smelly doctor that is a genius, to operate on my heart.

Hey, there's Trump giving his one-millionth news conference....do you think Sleepy Joe has such stamina? Of course you know he does not, but you never comment on it.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 23:03
    @thelistener said
    No comment beyond that, too complicated, but would you rather have a businessman figure all that out, or a character like Joe
    LOL
    You've lost all credibility if you think Trump is a businessman.
  7. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 23:58
    @wolfgang59 said
    LOL
    You've lost all credibility if you think Trump is a businessman.
    I'll google it, I could be mis-informed. Apologies if I mis-stated. I would not wish to be fact-checked!
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 00:39
    @thelistener said
    Worth a thread. Pelosi will let it pass because she wants to continue the payment of over a trillion for unemployment so that people don't want to go back to work! Is this not amazing? She wants people to be unemployed through the election. Your leader. Who will OWN Biden. It may sound all good, it will all work out when Nancy and Biden take over, but, remember that th ...[text shortened]... rinting money. Google what happens when that is done. I know, I know, anything to get rid of Trump.
    Maybe all your friends would rather get pathetic unemployment than have a real job. No one I know prefers unemployment to a regular paycheck. It's just another Republican fairy tale.

Gotta stoke fear, that's all you guys are good at.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 00:41
    @thelistener said
    Why do people use the word ‘right’ after most of their sentences? Never heard that growing up. You sound like Suzianne!

Anyway, yes, you will see above that i said ‘Sure, the Senate might not pass it.’ So, ‘right!’ I know about the Senate.
    Why the second account, Joe?
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 07:02
    @thelistener said
    A lot of terms are thrown around, note that it took $1.11 to buy a Euro last year. It now takes $1.20. Factor that into our comments on economics and money, do you see a little problem going on? Call it what you like.....the money is either getting printed, or borrowed, or derived from govt revenues (taxes). No comment beyond that, too complicated, but would you rathe ...[text shortened]... you think Sleepy Joe has such stamina? Of course you know he does not, but you never comment on it.
    @thelistener said
    A lot of terms are thrown around, note that it took $1.11 to buy a Euro last year. It now takes $1.20. Factor that into our comments on economics and money, do you see a little problem going on?”

Well make your mind up! Is trump doing a great job with the economy or not. BTW the best time to borrow is when your money is relatively cheap.
  11. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 10:04
    @kevcvs57 said
    @thelistener said
    A lot of terms are thrown around, note that it took $1.11 to buy a Euro last year. It now takes $1.20. Factor that into our comments on economics and money, do you see a little problem going on?”

Well make your mind up! Is trump doing a great job with the economy or not. BTW the best time to borrow is when your money is relatively cheap.
    Dems are balking on re-opening businesses, Trump wants to re-open businesses. One of those positions is better for the economy than is the other.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 10:39
    @thelistener said
    Dems are balking on re-opening businesses, Trump wants to re-open businesses. One of those positions is better for the economy than is the other.
    As you will see in hindsight. If you dpread the disease further the economy won't Profit.

Clear enough?
  13. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 12:44
    @ponderable said
    As you will see in hindsight. If you dpread the disease further the economy won't Profit.

Clear enough?
    So, shut down the economy to save 1 million lives, while the other 329 million people live a life of hell. You sound like Pelosi. I take it you are not a businessman? Like Biden, not a businessman. You see, business is the lifeblood of the nation. We surely cannot stop the blood pumping.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 12:45
    @thelistener said
    So, shut down the economy to save 1 million lives, while the other 329 million people live a life of hell. You sound like Pelosi. I take it you are not a businessman? Like Biden, not a businessman. You see, business is the lifeblood of the nation. We surely cannot stop the blood pumping.
    I run a Business as a self-empoyed Person, howvere I don't have any employees.
  15. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 13:17
    @suzianne said
    Why the second account, Joe?
    Joe and I are associates, we sound alike, write briefs together. He became depressed and could not suffer the mindset of the posts. He did write a few, like the one on the oft-used word 'right. Levity, I guess. So you've got me. I've mentioned this before. I think is OK?

Pelosi wants to keep the $2400/month payments, limiting any desire to go back to work. So, her plan is obviously to have a rise in unemployment. She looks like a victor and at the same time lets Trump take blame for unemployment. These citizens stay at home, family life a mess, no social development for children, no advancement at place of work, total stagnation. So their lives are ruined, all for the desire of Pelosi to get rid of a president with a bad personality. A lot of lives. The posters here do not take exception to anything they do in this situation. That really depresses Joe. I am really depressed about the children, their futures.

And I really miss my Barista.

I'm AverageJoe1 and I approve this message.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree