1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 13:17
    In the situation in the link below...

How would police reform help in this situation? was the cop wrong?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 14:09
    @mott-the-hoople said

Maybe provide the link.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 14:14
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Maybe provide the link.
    Maybe we’ve to provide the link
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 16:15
    @mott-the-hoople said

The missing-link thread.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 16:21
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/officer-involved-shooting-columbus-ohio-1-dead
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 17:19
    @mott-the-hoople said
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Investigation is underway. Wait for the facts.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 17:21
    @mott-the-hoople said
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Certainly this is open and shut? Who among us would not kill someone who was rabid with intent to stab and kill other individuals with a knife. This is truly all I have to say about that.
    If someone here disagrees, tell us why we even have police. After all, there are no police on duty in the Congo. (That's in Africa, in a jungle....)
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 17:32
    @averagejoe1 said
    Certainly this is open and shut? Who among us would not kill someone who was rabid with intent to stab and kill other individuals with a knife. This is truly all I have to say about that.
    If someone here disagrees, tell us why we even have police. After all, there are no police on duty in the Congo. (That's in Africa, in a jungle....)
    Does "open and shut" mean not to investigate nor to examine video footage?
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 17:49
    @handyandy said
    Does "open and shut" mean not to investigate nor to examine video footage?
    No, I didn't say anything about a video, which was only invented maybe 20 years ago. So, if this had happened 21 years ago, my answer would be the same. OMG, no video!! Horrors. Libs are really tied up with tech stuff. So, you naturally miss the issue, as all you think of is the video???????????
    We have a lunatic knifing people, Handy. Jesus. Shoot her six times.

Once again, you dig and dig to really stir it up. Hey Andy....should the cops shoot and kill the girl or not? The one with the knife,Andy. Try a yes or no. Goodness, what did the sheriffs do back in Dodge City, there were no videos.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 17:57
    @averagejoe1 said
    No, I didn't say anything about a video, which was only invented maybe 20 years ago. So, if this had happened 21 years ago, my answer would be the same. OMG, no video!! Horrors. Libs are really tied up with tech stuff. So, you naturally miss the issue, as all you think of is the video???????????
    We have a lunatic knifing people, Handy. Jesus. Shoot her six ...[text shortened]... ndy. Try a yes or no. Goodness, what did the sheriffs do back in Dodge City, there were no videos.
    What is it about the word investigate that you don't understand?
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 18:01
    @averagejoe1 said
    Goodness, what did the sheriffs do back in Dodge City, there were no videos.
    I think you'd be a lot happier if you moved there.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 18:12
    @handyandy said
    What is it about the word investigate that you don't understand?
    Is that you, Suzianne??
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 08:191 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    I don’t follow links to Fox News because I’m emotionally attached to reality.
    But I watched the video and at first it was too quick for me but slowed down it seemed clear that the officer was acting to prevent the potential loss of a victims life and was justified in his response.
    Normally I’d say try for a non lethal shot when faced with a knife but the potential victim was one quick arm thrust from death or serious injury.
    Why do you think police reform is meant to prevent the police from protecting the lives of innocent citizens or their own lives?
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 09:35
    @kevcvs57 said
    I don’t follow links to Fox News because I’m emotionally attached to reality.
    But I watched the video and at first it was too quick for me but slowed down it seemed clear that the officer was acting to prevent the potential loss of a victims life and was justified in his response.
    Normally I’d say try for a non lethal shot when faced with a knife but the potential victim w ...[text shortened]... rm is meant to prevent the police from protecting the lives of innocent citizens or their own lives?
    I dont think that, you created that your self.

If this cop was hamstrung by a taser first policy the innocent girl would be dead.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 14:15
    @mott-the-hoople said
    I dont think that, you created that your self.

If this cop was hamstrung by a taser first policy the innocent girl would be dead.
    Created what?
    Hey my little racist each case is to be judged on its own merits, I’m saying that from what I could see I would probably make the same call as the cop.
    Don’t think giving examples of complex probably righteous examples of armed response is going to be criticised by non racists, this is how we’ve earned our moniker, by not judging everything and everyone based on the colour of someone’s skin, you should try it sometime.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree