1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 14:24
    @kevcvs57 said
    Created what?
    Hey my little racist each case is to be judged on its own merits, I’m saying that from what I could see I would probably make the same call as the cop.
    Don’t think giving examples of complex probably righteous examples of armed response is going to be criticised by non racists, this is how we’ve earned our moniker, by not judging everything and everyone based on the colour of someone’s skin, you should try it sometime.
    created this...
    "Why do you think police reform is meant to prevent the police from protecting the lives of innocent citizens or their own lives?"

I dont think that, that is on you.
    This police reform thing is all about bowing to the black thugs that resist arrest.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But judging them because of their profession is ok?
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 15:291 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    created this...
    "Why do you think police reform is meant to prevent the police from protecting the lives of innocent citizens or their own lives?"

This police reform thing is all about bowing to the black thugs that resist arrest.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then why did you start a thread about this based on a straw man example, nobody has ever claimed that a cop cannot use lethal force to save the life of a citizen.
    She wasn’t seen resisting arrest, she was seen trying ram a big blade into another human being.
    Resisting arrest is not a capital crime and when you kill someone for resisting arrest without a reasonable belief that the person resisting arrest is an imminent threat to yourself or others, it is, or should be seen as, murder or at least an unlawful killing.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 22:32
    @kevcvs57 said
    Then why did you start a thread about this based on a straw man example, nobody has ever claimed that a cop cannot use lethal force to save the life of a citizen.
    She wasn’t seen resisting arrest, she was seen trying ram a big blade into another human being.
    Resisting arrest is not a capital crime and when you kill someone for resisting arrest without a reasonable belief t ...[text shortened]... t threat to yourself or others, it is, or should be seen as, murder or at least an unlawful killing.
    "Resisting arrest is not a capital crime and when you kill someone for resisting arrest without a reasonable belief that the person resisting arrest is an imminent threat to yourself or others, it is, or should be seen as, murder or at least an unlawful killing."

It was...chauvin was found guilty. what is your point.

The police dept policy was not the problem, so why reform it?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 03:58
    @mott-the-hoople said
    created this...

"black thugs"

You seem to think that judging them by their race is okay.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 06:36
    @mott-the-hoople said
    "Resisting arrest is not a capital crime and when you kill someone for resisting arrest without a reasonable belief that the person resisting arrest is an imminent threat to yourself or others, it is, or should be seen as, murder or at least an unlawful killing."

It was...chauvin was found guilty. what is your point.

The police dept policy was not the problem, so why reform it?
    You didn’t post Chauvin as an example though did you you posted an example of what is most likely going to be a case of justified lethal force to claim that police reform is unnecessary.
    Are you forgetting that most libs are a bit brighter than your average incel whitey is rightey type.
    Police reform was necessary before the cop shot the knife wielding teenager and it still is.
    I just wish I knew exactly what point your trying to make with this thread.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 07:45
    @mott-the-hoople said
    In the situation in the link below...

How would police reform help in this situation? was the cop wrong?
    Probably not. She was trying to stab somebody and her intent was not clear to the cop.

I want to know what angered her so much to want to stab that person though. Inquiring minds want to know. You would think someone would ask and report it.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 09:19
    @kevcvs57 said
    You didn’t post Chauvin as an example though did you you posted an example of what is most likely going to be a case of justified lethal force to claim that police reform is unnecessary.
    Are you forgetting that most libs are a bit brighter than your average incel whitey is rightey type.
    Police reform was necessary before the cop shot the knife wielding teenager and it still is.
    I just wish I knew exactly what point your trying to make with this thread.
    my point is, if police reform would have been in place here to cop would not have had a gun, or possibly would not even have been there period.

this defund police business is stupid.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 09:20
    @metal-brain said
    Probably not. She was trying to stab somebody and her intent was not clear to the cop.

I want to know what angered her so much to want to stab that person though. Inquiring minds want to know. You would think someone would ask and report it.
    I think her intent was pretty clear to the cop
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Apr '21 10:221 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    my point is, if police reform would have been in place here to cop would not have had a gun, or possibly would not even have been there period.

this defund police business is stupid.
    Well ‘reform’ does not equate to defund or unarm. It means exactly and as little as the powers that be deem necessary and acceptable.
    I’d take a modest bet that reform’ does not involve disarming the police and defunding actually means a reallocation of funding to provide more professional mental health community workers which will lessen the load for the police and provide the community with adequately trained service providers.
    The police appear to be getting used as catch all response team which is wrong for them and wrong for the communities they are trying to serve.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '21 13:28
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well ‘reform’ does not equate to defund or unarm. It means exactly and as little as the powers that be deem necessary and acceptable.
    I’d take a modest bet that reform’ does not involve disarming the police and defunding actually means a reallocation of funding to provide more professional mental health community workers which will lessen the load for the police and provide ...[text shortened]... ch all response team which is wrong for them and wrong for the communities they are trying to serve.
    "Well ‘reform’ does not equate to defund or unarm."
    that is a lie
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Apr '21 13:36
    @mott-the-hoople said
    "Well ‘reform’ does not equate to defund or unarm."
    that is a lie
    THAT IS A LIE as usual
    Maybe you could touché with emboldened high caps in italics
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '21 13:41
    @kevcvs57 said
    THAT IS A LIE as usual
    Maybe you could touché with emboldened high caps in italics
    or, you could just quit lying
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Apr '21 14:07
    @mott-the-hoople said
    or, you could just quit lying
    t’ndluohS taht tsal eno evah neeb enod ni ‘mirror writing’
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '21 15:46
    @mott-the-hoople said
    People choose their profession. They do not choose their skin colour.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Apr '21 20:51
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Was that a black girl? Would the cop have killed the girl if she was white?

Also, if he had actually cared about her life he could have shot her in the foot or some such, she would have stopped dead in her tracks screaming in agony. And alive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree