Obamacare question

Obamacare question

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
02 Aug 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
"Countless millions"?🙄🙄
Do you think that poor uneducated folk are going to keep up with what the IRS demands of them? 🙄

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Aug 12

Originally posted by whodey
Do you think that poor uneducated folk are going to keep up with what the IRS demands of them? 🙄
I think the number of unemployed men who refuse to go on their wife's health insurance is a bit smaller than "countless millions".

You've already been told on this board numerous times that there is no enforcement mechanism for the mandate (the IRS can't even get a lien never mind throw you into "debtor's prison"😉. This is just another of your typical idiocies.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
03 Aug 12

I think the number of unemployed men who refuse to go on their wife's health insurance is a bit smaller than "countless millions".

You've already been told on this board numerous times that there is no enforcement mechanism for the mandate (the IRS can't even get a lien never mind throw you into "debtor's prison"😉. This is just another of your typical idiocies.
The Congressional Budget Office projects that 3.9 million people will pay the penalty in 2016.

http://healthreform.kff.org/faq/will-everyone-have-to-buy-health-insurance.aspx

w

Moves
03 Aug 12

Originally posted by utherpendragon
The Congressional Budget Office projects that 3.9 million people will pay the penalty in 2016.

Maybe the IRS will ignore them like they do illegal immigraints.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
03 Aug 12

not likely.

F

Moves
03 Aug 12

I thought it was partly through investigations by the IRS and through IRS audits of employers who turn out to be hiring illegal immigrants, that contributes to a substantial number of the deportations, and contributes to the deportation of illegal immigrants being at the historically high level that it is now. You claim the IRS ignores illegal immigrants? On what basis do you make this claim?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Aug 12

Maybe they will. The only way I see it being collected is by voluntary payment or, more likely, refund offsets. "Debtor's prisons" are a bit more unlikely.

w

Moves
03 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I thought it was partly through investigations by the IRS and through IRS audits of employers who turn out to be hiring illegal immigrants, that contributes to a substantial number of the deportations, and contributes to the deportation of illegal immigrants being at the historically high level that it is now. You claim the IRS ignores illegal immigrants? On what basis do you make this claim?
I was speaking to the fact that Obama sued Arizona for trying to enforce federal illegal immigration laws and how Obama passed Executive Orders to ignore certain illegal immigrants. You are correct, nothing gets past the IRS. They are a lovely bunch.

w

Moves
03 Aug 12

Maybe they will. The only way I see it being collected is by voluntary payment or, more likely, refund offsets. "Debtor's prisons" are a bit more unlikely.
I think that the only thing that would influence the person in question would be debtors prison. After all, if you basically have nothing, then what is there to take?

Hy-Brasil

Moves
03 Aug 12

Of course not, as far a s a "debtors prison" is concerned. But I do see no tax refund or a severely diminished refund for the people who rely on that the most.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Aug 12

Of course not, as far a s a "debtors prison" is concerned. But I do see no tax refund or a severely diminished refund for the people who rely on that the most.
(Shrug) I opposed the mandate. If people want to avoid paying it through the tax refund process, they can adjust their weekly withholding.

w

Moves
03 Aug 12

You are right. The government will just hold the "refund" for the poor. I never thought of that.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Aug 12

You are right. The government will just hold the "refund" for the poor. I never thought of that.
What "poor" are going to be ineligible for Medicaid after the ACA goes into effect? Every household up to 133% of the poverty line will be covered.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
03 Aug 12

The IRS can get mobsters tho

Moves
03 Aug 12

I know a guy who does not have a job and does not have health insurance. He has no assets to speak of other than a very inexpensive place of residence. However, he is married to someone that has a half way decent income and he does odd jobs under the table. In addition, he just recently was involved in a car accident that required medical attention and for ...[text shortened]... ssets to speak of or income, what will the IRS do to them? Will they create a debtors prison?
they will deduct it from his tax return, if he has one.