Obamacare premiums soar as much as 78%

Obamacare premiums soar as much as 78%

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
02 Nov 14
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Maybe you shouldn't rely on unpublished studies made for the Reverend Moon's newspaper:

Insurance companies raised their rates for premiums by about 3 percent this year for people covered by employer health insurance, which includes most Americans, according to a new report. The average family premium is $16,834, and the average employee pays $4,823 o ...[text shortened]... alth-news/average-health-insurance-premiums-rise-slightly-n200121

What did you tell us again?
I suppose this information comes from the same people in the press that awarded Obama a transparency award.

All I know is that I noticed a sizeable increase in my health care as well as everyone else I know after Obamacare kicked in.

Obama also said we would be paying less for health care. Another lie.

Obama promised to lower costs by as much as $2500 per family per year on a myriad of occasions.

All these lies. Who in the hell knows what the truth really is, except you of course. LOL

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Nov 14

Originally posted by caissad4
Really. Try making $9 hr and being a smoker. My rates would be affordable if I could quit smoking and replace it with heroin and excessive drinking. And then it would be a policy with a $5000 deductible. Of course I wouldn't get that rate til I had quit smoking for 2 years. Smoking is a serious addiction so don't wheel out the anti-smoking dismissive rhetoric.
Really. Try reading the exemption categories:

The lowest-priced coverage available to you would cost more than 8% of your household income

I suggest you apply for the exemption under that category or under the general hardship exemption before you wish that tens of millions of people be denied coverage.

w

Moves
02 Nov 14

The lowest-priced coverage available [b]to you
would cost more than 8% of your household income

I suggest you apply for the exemption under that category or under the general hardship exemption before you wish that tens of millions of people be denied coverage.[/b]
Maybe he has not had time to read through the thousands of pages of legislation yet to understand exactly what to do. It's not like the web site is user friendly.

Of course, the government can't seem to get a web site up that is user friendly, even though they are able to track your every e-mail and telephone conversation.

Ironic, isn't it?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Nov 14

Originally posted by whodey
Maybe he has not had time to read through the thousands of pages of legislation yet to understand exactly what to do. It's not like the web site is user friendly.

Of course, the government can't seem to get a web site up that is user friendly, even though they are able to track your every e-mail and telephone conversation.

Ironic, isn't it?
It took me about 30 seconds to find the site with the list of exemptions. Maybe people should make a little effort before they decide to advocate leaving tens of millions of people with no health care coverage.

w

Moves
02 Nov 14
1 edit

It took me about 30 seconds to find the site with the list of exemptions. Maybe people should make a little effort before they decide to advocate leaving tens of millions of people with no health care coverage.
Tens of millions? Really?

As I recall in thread here at RHP, Obamacare was sold to us on the presumption that it would help cover about 30 million. Next thing you know, about 8 million lost their coverage, and then only about 6 million signed up.

Utter lies.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
02 Nov 14

The lowest-priced coverage available [b]to you
would cost more than 8% of your household income

I suggest you apply for the exemption under that category or under the general hardship exemption before you wish that tens of millions of people be denied coverage.[/b]
I will give it a shot. After all, the advice comes from a lawyer.

w

Moves
02 Nov 14

Originally posted by caissad4
I will give it a shot. After all, the advice comes from a lawyer.
And lawyers created the legislation.

Aren't they wonderful? 😵

K

Germany

Moves
02 Nov 14

Tens of millions? Really?

As I recall in thread here at RHP, Obamacare was sold to us on the presumption that it would help cover about 30 million. Next thing you know, about 8 million lost their coverage, and then only about 6 million signed up.

Utter lies.
Up to 20 million people have gained coverage due to the ACA; the CBO projects that the figure is around 12 million, while polling suggests that 5 to 9 million people have gained insurance due to the ACA, with the percentage of uninsured people dropping from 18% to 13%.

Source: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMhpr1405667

w

Moves
02 Nov 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Up to 20 million people have gained coverage due to the ACA; the CBO projects that the figure is around 12 million, while polling suggests that 5 to 9 million people have gained insurance due to the ACA, with the percentage of uninsured people dropping from 18% to 13%.

These numbers are like unemployment numbers. They may fall, but you are never told about those who just give up and stop looking.

Likewise, how many have lost coverage because their old coverage is no longer available?

K

Germany

Moves
02 Nov 14

These numbers are like unemployment numbers. They may fall, but you are never told about those who just give up and stop looking.

Likewise, how many have lost coverage because their old coverage is no longer available?
The figures presented take this into account. But by all means, don't let facts get in your way. They never seem to.

E

Moves
02 Nov 14

Can these new 12 million insured afford to pay for their deductible should they actually use the insurance?

Premiums are nothing compared to the deductibles. I don't see the government subsidizing deductible payments.

w

Moves
02 Nov 14

The figures presented take this into account. But by all means, don't let facts get in your way. They never seem to.
This was taken directly from the article you provided.

"Taking all existing coverage expansions together, we estimate that 20 million Americans have gained coverage as of May 1 under the ACA (Figure 3Figure 3Categories of Expanded Health Insurance Coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).). We do not know yet exactly how many of these people were previously uninsured"

You really should try reading it.

K

Germany

Moves
03 Nov 14

This was taken directly from the article you provided.

"Taking all existing coverage expansions together, we estimate that 20 million Americans have gained coverage as of May 1 under the ACA (Figure 3Figure 3Categories of Expanded Health Insurance Coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).). We do not know yet exactly how many of these people were previously uninsured"

You really should try reading it.
This is the full quote, which you have dishonestly and intentionally taken out of context.

Taking all existing coverage expansions together, we estimate that 20 million Americans have gained coverage as of May 1 under the ACA. We do not know yet exactly how many of these people were previously uninsured, but it seems certain that many were. Recent national surveys seem to confirm this presumption. The CBO projects that the law will decrease the number of uninsured people by 12 million this year and by 26 million by 2017. Early polling data from Gallup, RAND, and the Urban Institute indicate that the number of uninsured people may have already declined by 5 million to 9 million and that the proportion of U.S. adults lacking insurance has fallen from 18% in the third quarter of 2013 to 13.4% in May 2014.

w

Moves
03 Nov 14
1 edit

This is the full quote, which you have dishonestly and intentionally taken out of context.

Taking all existing coverage expansions together, we estimate that 20 million Americans have gained coverage as of May 1 under the ACA. We do not know yet exactly how many of these people were previously uninsured, but it seems certain that many were. Re ...[text shortened]... lacking insurance has fallen from 18% in the third quarter of 2013 to 13.4% in May 2014.
I suppose if you like presuming with certainty, which people like you seem to.

K

Germany

Moves
03 Nov 14

I suppose if you like presuming with certainty, which people like you seem to.
What did I or the authors of the article "presume with certainty"?