2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Oct '21 21:50
    @eladar said
    If China suggests it, sh would agree.
    Geez.

I am absolutely the only regular contributor on this board that regularly gets savagely attacked by both the far right and the far left.

I guess I must be doing something right.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Oct '21 21:52
    @metal-brain said
    That means nothing.

A 15-year-old boy in Sonoma County, California, died two days after getting his second dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, with “no other significant conditions contributing” to his death, a county death report has confirmed.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/california-teenager-died-of-heart-condition-two-days-after-covid-vaccine-death-report/ ...[text shortened]... given the vaccine. Most vaccine caused deaths are not counted as such. Isn't that a serious problem?
    A billion shots mean nothing because of one anecdote you present?

Dude.

Seriously?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Oct '21 21:54
    By far the best part of advocating one dose (in any context) is that both sides hate you.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '21 12:17
    @sh76 said
    A billion shots mean nothing because of one anecdote you present?

Dude.

Seriously?
    You are condoning corrupted US data. You don't know how many deaths and injuries the gene vaccines have caused because the CDC is covering it up with manipulated data.

You need to prove the gene vaccines do more good than harm. How are you going to do that using corrupted data from the CDC? Are you in denial that the CDC manipulated their data?

From the CDC link below:

'For the purpose of this surveillance, a vaccine breakthrough infection is defined as the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen in a respiratory specimen collected from a person ≥14 days after they have completed all recommended doses of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Are you in denial of what the CDC admits on their own website? Yes or no?
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '21 12:20
    @sh76 said
    By far the best part of advocating one dose (in any context) is that both sides hate you.
    Nope. You are in denial of facts.
    I don't hate you. I hate your stubborn denial of indisputable facts.

STOP DENYING FACTS!
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '21 12:37
    @sh76 said
    Geez.

I am absolutely the only regular contributor on this board that regularly gets savagely attacked by both the far right and the far left.

I guess I must be doing something right.
    Did you not say that when it comes to covid, you wish the US would be like China?
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    11 Oct '21 13:091 edit
    @eladar said
    Did you not say that when it comes to covid, you wish the US would be like China?
    I said that in March, 2020.

I have reconsidered (well over a year ago); mainly when I realized COVID was roughly 1/10 as deadly as was originally estimated.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '21 13:301 edit
    @sh76 said
    I said that in March, 2020.

I have reconsidered (well over a year ago); mainly when I realized COVID was roughly 1/10 as deadly as was originally estimated.
    Ok, sorry I missed that.

Much less deadly to those under 60.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Oct '21 15:59
    @Metal-Brain
    It is really too bad there are SO many STUPID people, NO VAX, I HAVE FREEDOM.
    Funny how the deaths have gone down in vaxxed states and up exponentially in UN vaxxed states.

But OF COURSE you will tag on to some ultrarightwingnutjob web site you THINK supports your pathetic POV.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 07:16
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    It is really too bad there are SO many STUPID people, NO VAX, I HAVE FREEDOM.
    Funny how the deaths have gone down in vaxxed states and up exponentially in UN vaxxed states.

But OF COURSE you will tag on to some ultrarightwingnutjob web site you THINK supports your pathetic POV.
    From the CDC link below:

'For the purpose of this surveillance, a vaccine breakthrough infection is defined as the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen in a respiratory specimen collected from a person ≥14 days after they have completed all recommended doses of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Are you in denial of what the CDC admits on their own website? Yes or no?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 11:01
    @sh76
    One other thing, you should understand the fearful here since you were once one of them.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 13:201 edit
    @eladar said
    @sh76
    One other thing, you should understand the fearful here since you were once one of them.
    I understand. I do think that after several months of reading the data, one ought to be able to more objectively look at the facts, but that's a fine line.

I'm against mandates. I think the COVID vaccines are great, but not airtight. They also present some risk and, in some cases, the risk/benefit analysis becomes close.

Everyone needs to look at the data and look at the findings of those they trust and make their own cost/benefit analysis. Personally, I think a middle-aged person who had never had COVID refusing to get vaxxed is behaving irrationally, but that's my opinion. I have no interest in forcing anyone else to act on it (though I will continue to try to convince people of my point of view).

On the other side of the spectrum, it's coming pretty close to a point where I'd consider giving 2 doses 3 weeks apart to a healthy 12 year old boy who's been previously infected is also irrational (not as irrational as the middle-ager in my previous case, though).

But if someone says "I'm not getting vaxxed because I'm afraid" I think that should be respected, whether I think it's rational or not.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 13:251 edit
    Ironically, there are whispers that Israel is going to open up to tourists in November, but only if you're double-vaxxed or infected in the last 6 months. If you were double-vaxxed before that, you need a third shot.

I am hoping to take my son to Israel some time during the winter or Spring. As such, I may have to get him a second dose and myself a third (I got my first 2 doses in February) even though I consider both unnecessary and my son's pretty close to the wrong side of risk/benefit.

Still, I consider the risk of the vaccine so slight (even for him) that a non-health benefit such as being able to travel is enough to tip the balance.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 13:32
    @sh76 said
    Ironically, there are whispers that Israel is going to open up to tourists in November, but only if you're double-vaxxed or infected in the last 6 months. If you were double-vaxxed before that, you need a third shot.

I am hoping to take my son to Israel some time during the winter or Spring. As such, I may have to get him a second dose and myself a third (I got my first 2 dos ...[text shortened]... (even for him) that a non-health benefit such as being able to travel is enough to tip the balance.
    How do you know your son was not infected in the last 6 months?
    He could have been asymptomatic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree