mRNA Therapies Classified as Gene Therapy

mRNA Therapies Classified as Gene Therapy

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
11 May 21

@metal-brain said
This is for suzi, shav, kev and kewpie.

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/cellular-gene-therapy-products/what-gene-therapy

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/viralvector.html

First They Ignore You, Then They Laugh at You, Then They Attack You, Then You Win
Add lying to that....suzi

You all lost. accept it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T4yRzesgKM
No one is going to play your idiotic game I DO NOT NEED TO BE TOLD WHAT GENE THERAPY IS YOU HALF WIT.
I asked you a question concerning which human gene has been replaced or altered in this gene therapy covid vaccine. Please answer the question.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 21

@kevcvs57 said
No one is going to play your idiotic game I DO NOT NEED TO BE TOLD WHAT GENE THERAPY IS YOU HALF WIT.
I asked you a question concerning which human gene has been replaced or altered in this gene therapy covid vaccine. Please answer the question.
He simply doesn't understand the function of mRNA, that much is clear. We've all tried to tell him so, but he insists on his "DO TOO!!" defense.

MB

Moves
11 May 21

@kevcvs57 said
"I asked you a question concerning which human gene has been replaced or altered in this gene therapy covid vaccine. Please answer the question."

Your question is irrelevant. This is gene therapy according to the FDA:

"Introducing a new or modified gene into the body to help treat a disease"

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/cellular-gene-therapy-products/what-gene-therapy

Notice it doesn't say change or alter.
It is you that are playing games with the definition of gene therapy. You are altering the definition in a corrupt way. You have been reading too many self proclaimed fact checkers that are merely opinion pieces.

Have you noticed none of your public health officials want to talk about it? Why doesn't somebody ask them if viral vector vaccines are gene therapy? Are they afraid they will lose their jobs?

Funny how Fauci doesn't want to go on record saying yes or no. If the answer was no they would go on record saying that. They avoid answering the question like it is the plague because the answer is yes.

MB

Moves
11 May 21

@suzianne said
He simply doesn't understand the function of mRNA, that much is clear. We've all tried to tell him so, but he insists on his "DO TOO!!" defense.
You are a pathological liar!

You have done nothing of the sort. It is you that doesn't understand the function of mRNA. mRNA is a gene. Viruses use mRNA to manipulate your cells into producing a complete virus, genome and all.

Now that I have corrected you in a very honest and logical way you will likely call me a liar since that is your childish MO. You always do that when I confuse you with facts.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 21
1 edit

@metal-brain said
You are a pathological liar!

You have done nothing of the sort. It is you that doesn't understand the function of mRNA. mRNA is a gene. Viruses use mRNA to manipulate your cells into producing a complete virus, genome and all.

Now that I have corrected you in a very honest and logical way you will likely call me a liar since that is your childish MO. You always do that when I confuse you with facts.
mRNA is not a gene. It cannot replicate. It cannot introduce new sequences into DNA. It reads, it does not print.

Read this and learn something, if you can: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messenger_RNA

mRNA copies a part of DNA in order to give the ribosomes a template to create a protein. That is all it does.

Don't shoot the messenger.

MB

Moves
11 May 21

@suzianne said
mRNA is not a gene. It cannot replicate. It cannot introduce new sequences into DNA. It reads, it does not print.

Read this and learn something, if you can: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messenger_RNA

mRNA copies a part of DNA in order to give the ribosomes a template to create a protein. That is all it does.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Nothing what you just said contradicts what I said. mRNA introduces DNA from a virus via mRNA to manipulate your cells to produce it, so you are wrong about that. It does it indirectly, that is all. Your cell can be instructed by mRNA to produce any protein, including genomes. Genomes are protein too.
mRNA is the messenger to the introduced gene. It instructs your cell to produce a gene (in the case of a virus) which is all that matters. A foreign gene is introduced. mRNA is the gene message.

In the case of mRNA gene therapy it can be any protein and the mRNA is artificially created for that. In the so called vaccines it is part of the virus instead of the whole virus.

I'm glad you are finally learning the details. It is still gene therapy though. Viral vectors are viral vectors. Putting vaccine on the end of it does not change that, especially since they are treatments and not vaccines.

Ask the FDA if viral vector vaccines are viral vectors. The FDA didn't make any exceptions. The FDA classifies mRNA therapy as gene therapy. The same with viral vectors. You seem to think not all viral vectors are viral vectors and not all mRNA therapy is gene therapy. That is absurd.

The FDA is very clear that viral vectors are gene therapy. There are no exceptions. The CDC says 4 Covid 19 vaccines are viral vectors. Are you implying that one or both of them are lying about it? Yes or no?

Is the FDA a reliable source of information or not? You cannot have it both ways.

MB

Moves
12 May 21

Here is an excerpt from the BioNTech form 20F filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission below from page 16:

"Currently, mRNA is considered a gene therapy product by the FDA. Unlike certain gene therapies that irreversibly alter cell DNA and may cause certain side effects, mRNA-based medicines are designed not to irreversibly change cell DNA. Side effects observed in other gene therapies, however, could negatively impact the perception of immunotherapies despite the differences in mechanism. In addition, because no mRNA-based product has been approved, the regulatory pathway in the United States and may other jurisdictions for approval is uncertain. The pathway for an individualized therapy, such as our iNeST mRNA-based immunotherapy where each patient receives a different combination of mRNAs, remains particularly unsettled. The number and design of the clinical and preclinical studies required for the approval of these types of medicines have not been established, may be different from those required for gene therapy products or therapies that are not individualized or may require safety testing like gene therapy products. Moreover, the length of time necessary to complete clinical trials and submit an application for marketing approval by a regulatory authority varies significantly from one pharmaceutical product to the next and may be difficult to predict."

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1776985/000156459020014536/bntx-20f_20191231.htm

This should settle it. mRNA therapy is gene therapy according to BioNTech's own SEC filing.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 May 21

I’ve explained to you multiple times why you are wrong on this subject.
Go back and reread my posts.

MB

Moves
12 May 21

@shavixmir said
I’ve explained to you multiple times why you are wrong on this subject.
Go back and reread my posts.
Your previous posts are Bull crap.

According to BioNTech Form 20-F, filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, “mRNA is considered a gene therapy product by the FDA.

It is on page 16. Read for once in your life.
You could not be more wrong. You are making a fool of yourself.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 May 21

@metal-brain said
Your previous posts are Bull crap.

According to BioNTech Form 20-F, filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, “mRNA is considered a gene therapy product by the FDA.

It is on page 16. Read for once in your life.
You could not be more wrong. You are making a fool of yourself.
You are wrong. End of.

MB

Moves
12 May 21

@shavixmir said
You are wrong. End of.
Are you claiming BioNTech is lying to the SEC?
It seems that you are conspiracy theorist now.

Is the FDA, CDC and BioNTech conspiring to make you look bad? Look who is paranoid. Are you off your medication?

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 May 21

@metal-brain said
Are you claiming BioNTech is lying to the SEC?
It seems that you are conspiracy theorist now.

Is the FDA, CDC and BioNTech conspiring to make you look bad? Look who is paranoid. Are you off your medication?
You are wrong. Get over it.

MB

Moves
12 May 21

@shavixmir said
Is the FDA, BioNTech and the SEC wrong too? LOL!

Danth's Law — "If you have to insist that you've won an internet argument, you've probably lost badly."

Sucks to be you. Better luck next time.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 May 21

Seriously. I’m not going into this again with you. You are wrong.

MB

Moves
12 May 21

@shavixmir said

Seriously. I’m not going into this again with you. You are wrong.