1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 21:161 edit
    @no1marauder
    The people sent to Martha's Vineyard by DeSantis were primarily Venezuelans. Right wingers on this board and otherwise have been consistently pointing out how they are ill-treated in their own country yet when they flee the poverty and oppression there,
    ------------------

No1, I don't dislike Venezuelans at all. Same with Cubans and Haitians. Please understand, we have a legal system in place where these folks from Venezuela can claim political asylum status.

Not a problem in the world with them.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 21:24
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @no1marauder
    The people sent to Martha's Vineyard by DeSantis were primarily Venezuelans. Right wingers on this board and otherwise have been consistently pointing out how they are ill-treated in their own country yet when they flee the poverty and oppression there,
    ------------------

No1, I don't dislike Venezuelans at all. Same with Cubans and Haitians. Please u ...[text shortened]... ese folks from Venezuela can claim political asylum status.

But that's what these people did; it is legal to cross the border and request refugee status. And from what the spokesperson for them said, they had immigration hearings scheduled.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 22:02
    @no1marauder said
    But that's what these people did; it is legal to cross the border and request refugee status. And from what the spokesperson for them said, they had immigration hearings scheduled.
    Ooo Marauder
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 22:061 edit
    @AverageJoe1
    Marauder is all over the place. You talkin' legal entry? Asylum? Can we also apply our law of 1M people a year?
    You ignore all them other ones? And them other ones are not vetted, for god sakes.
    Can you clarify your position on people who are citizens of other countries that want to enter, and are entering, our sovereign country? It would really tighten up our discussions. I think you know our positions.

Edit: I know there may not be a law on the 1M allowed entries, but it is the established norm
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 01:56
    @averagejoe1 said
    @AverageJoe1
    Marauder is all over the place. You talkin' legal entry? Asylum? Can we also apply our law of 1M people a year?
    You ignore all them other ones? And them other ones are not vetted, for god sakes.
    Can you clarify your position on people who are citizens of other countries that want to enter, and are entering, our sovereign country? It would rea ...[text shortened]... s.

Edit: I know there may not be a law on the 1M allowed entries, but it is the established norm
    The Border Patrol has arrested over 2 million people at or close to the border this year.

Are you a liar for constantly claiming there is an "open border"?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 02:52
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @no1marauder
    ------------------

No1, I don't dislike Venezuelans at all. Same with Cubans and Haitians. Please u ...[text shortened]... ese folks from Venezuela can claim political asylum status.

Like I said:

"The lawsuits accused the person, who the migrants said identified herself as "Perla," of "trolling" streets outside a migrant shelter in San Antonio to identify and befriend the Venezuelan asylum-seekers, who had been released and allowed to seek asylum by federal officials along the southern border."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marthas-vineyard-migrants-lawsuit-florida-governor-ron-desantis/
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 02:56
    From their lawsuit:

"1. Plaintiffs are recent immigrants who fled from Venezuela—a place subject to a Level 4 “Do Not Travel” advisory by the United States Department of Health due to rampant crime, civil unrest, poor health infrastructure, kidnapping, terrorism and wrongful detentions. After crossing the United States border, the Plaintiffs immediately surrendered themselves to federal immigration officials, and each has—and at all times pertinent to the allegations in this Complaint has had—active federal proceedings to adjudicate their immigration status. Unless and until determined otherwise after the due process to which they are entitled, Plaintiffs are authorized by federal immigration officials to remain in the United States."

https://www.alianzaamericas.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Alianza-Americas-v.-DeSantis-Filed-Complaint.pdf
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 03:33
    Apparently the State of Florida paid $615,000 to transport 50 asylum seekers, legally in this country, from Texas to Massachusetts.

I wonder, among many other things, who owned those planes and whether such a fee is a fair market price.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 10:25
    @AverageJoe1
    Several things are TOTALLY wrong about the DeSantis stunt. One, THEY LIVED IN ANOTHER STATE. TWO, THEY WERE HERE LEGALLY. THREE, THEY WERE LIED TO AT THE MCDONALDS STAND. FOUR, THEY WERE NOT TOLD WHERE THEY WERE GOING TILL THEY GOT TO MV.

Like I said, if it was Biden doing that, ALL you zombies would be screaming OFF WITH HIS HEAD. Prove me wrong about THAT, GOOD LUCK.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 10:50
    @no1marauder said
    The Border Patrol has arrested over 2 million people at or close to the border this year.

Are you a liar for constantly claiming there is an "open border"?
    Great news, that we have arrested 2 million aliens.
    Oh, you left out, where are they being held?? I wouldn't want our readers to be misled. 🤔
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 10:591 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    Several things are TOTALLY wrong about the DeSantis stunt. One, THEY LIVED IN ANOTHER STATE. TWO, THEY WERE HERE LEGALLY. THREE, THEY WERE LIED TO AT THE MCDONALDS STAND. FOUR, THEY WERE NOT TOLD WHERE THEY WERE GOING TILL THEY GOT TO MV.

Like I said, if it was Biden doing that, ALL you zombies would be screaming OFF WITH HIS HEAD. Prove me wrong about THAT, GOOD LUCK.
    See the big picture. It began with Biden, in effect, like DeSanits, importing aliens from many many countries through a border of the united states and dropping them in TX and AZ. Like DeSantis did.
    Secondly, since we are numbering our sentences, most of the people he brought in (by nonfeasance) are indeed there illegally.
    Thirdly, DeSantis' residence is quite irrelevant. And, Joe lives in Deleware, not Massachusetts.
    Fourth, they went voluntarily . Fifthly where in the constitution does it say they have to be told where they were going, Sonhouse? And what if they wanted it to be a surprise, like when you took your kids to the beach.
    Hey did you see where Marauder says 2M of them have been arrested, ....he left out what happened after that!!!!!! Why, my cousin asked me where they were being jailed (housed in lib terms.). What is it with you libs, I could scream. I had to explain that libs write like that all the time.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 11:05
    @no1marauder said
    Apparently the State of Florida paid $615,000 to transport 50 asylum seekers, legally in this country, from Texas to Massachusetts.

I wonder, among many other things, who owned those planes and whether such a fee is a fair market price.
    Me,, I never wonder about other peoples' money as you and the group do. A curious happening. The taxpayers there, by there representatives, can do what they want with it. I have a feeling they had good reason? A good reason for them, a bad one for you. I know, you are right, they are wrong. Geez
    You know, most of your comments can be settled in your mind simply by applying that pesky Constitution.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 11:181 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Me,, I never wonder about other peoples' money as you and the group do. A curious happening. The taxpayers there, by there representatives, can do what they want with it. I have a feeling they had good reason? A good reason for them, a bad one for you. I know, you are right, they are wrong. Geez
    You know, most of your comments can be settled in your mind simply by applying that pesky Constitution.
    You've never even read the Constitution.

There seems serious doubt Florida taxpayers agreed to pay $12,300 per person to have legal asylum seekers removed from another State (they never set foot in Florida except for brief stopovers on the flights) just because DeSantis thinks it's a good political stunt during an election year.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 11:26
    @averagejoe1 said
    See the big picture. It began with Biden, in effect, like DeSanits, importing aliens from many many countries through a border of the united states and dropping them in TX and AZ. Like DeSantis did.
    Secondly, since we are numbering our sentences, most of the people he brought in (by nonfeasance) are indeed there illegally.
    Thirdly, DeSantis' residence is quite ...[text shortened]... What is it with you libs, I could scream. I had to explain that libs write like that all the time.
    Biden didn't "import" anyone.

If these people went "voluntarily", why weren't they handed a commercial airline ticket from San Antonio to Martha's Vineyard? Expedia can get you tickets at $208 to $333 at most. https://www.expedia.com/lp/flights/sat/mvy/san-antonio-to-vineyard-haven

That would have saved Florida taxpayers about $600,000.

Making false promises to people to induce them to do something is called "fraud". "Kids to the beach"? Surely you can't be that much of a moron.
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 11:27
    @no1marauder said
    You've never even read the Constitution.

There seems serious doubt Florida taxpayers agreed to pay $12,300 per person to have legal asylum seekers removed from another State (they never set foot in Florida except for brief stopovers on the flights) just because DeSantis thinks it's a good political stunt during an election year.
    “There seems serious doubt Florida taxpayers agreed to pay $12,300 per person to have legal asylum seekers removed from another State ”

there does? link?

oh I forgot, this is the way the shytweasel works…just create facts out of thin air

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree