1. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 12:14
    Now they are full of stories about how great their experience was, even though they couldn't wait to get rid of them hahaha.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/17/us/marthas-vineyard-migrants-journey-desantis/index.html
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 15:29
    @jj-adams said
    Now they are full of stories about how great their experience was, even though they couldn't wait to get rid of them hahaha.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/17/us/marthas-vineyard-migrants-journey-desantis/index.html
    Classic case of 'it's all about them'. They did what they did to make themselves feel good.A standard liberal practice. I could just scream.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 16:02
    @JJ-Adams
    ANYTHING to distract from the disgusting political stunt DeSantis pulled.
    If it had been Biden doing the same filthy trick you would have been screaming OFF WITH HIS HEAD.

You are one sick puppy.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 18:38
    "I love you... from afar"
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 18:52
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I guess when you have a point throughly debunked in one thread, the new right wing strategy is just to start another thread making the same baseless claims.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:07
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Wouldn't that sentiment more accurately describe the right wing's attitude toward Venezuelans?
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:14
    @sonhouse said
    @JJ-Adams
    ANYTHING to distract from the disgusting political stunt DeSantis pulled.
    If it had been Biden doing the same filthy trick you would have been screaming OFF WITH HIS HEAD.

You are one sick puppy.
    Call it a political stunt. Call it a bus ride or a balancing of society ….which, of course, it is. Don’t you libs want equality? DeSantis just moved it along.
    I don’t see what was bad about it myself. Hillary is bad. Don’t you see the difference?
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:18
    @no1marauder said
    Wouldn't that sentiment more accurately describe the right wing's attitude toward Venezuelans?
    I assume that you mean that Venezualans are a diff culture, that we don’t want to Samba with? Would you like to shoot wild boar with my culture in South Alabama?
    Diff cultures.
    So what else could you mean? If Obama wouldn’t come out and mix it up locally, why should we nationally.??
    My logic overwhelms you, you best fall back on the safety of links!!
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:42
    @averagejoe1 said
    I assume that you mean that Venezualans are a diff culture, that we don’t want to Samba with? Would you like to shoot wild boar with my culture in South Alabama?
    Diff cultures.
    So what else could you mean? If Obama wouldn’t come out and mix it up locally, why should we nationally.??
    My logic overwhelms you, you best fall back on the safety of links!!
    Why you think your imbecilic ramblings are clever or effective debating tactics is a complete mystery.

The people sent to Martha's Vineyard by DeSantis were primarily Venezuelans. Right wingers on this board and otherwise have been consistently pointing out how they are ill-treated in their own country yet when they flee the poverty and oppression there, I see absolutely no compassion or concern for them from the right. Thus, Earl's comment is more appropriately a criticism of the right than the folks on Martha's Vineyard.
  10. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 20:40
    @no1marauder said
    Why you think your imbecilic ramblings are clever or effective debating tactics is a complete mystery.

The people sent to Martha's Vineyard by DeSantis were primarily Venezuelans. Right wingers on this board and otherwise have been consistently pointing out how they are ill-treated in their own country yet when they flee the poverty and oppression there, I see absolute ...[text shortened]... , Earl's comment is more appropriately a criticism of the right than the folks on Martha's Vineyard.
    What a load.
    Martha's Vineyard has hundreds of available hotel rooms they could have put these people in, as well as job openings for them, but they chose to ship them off after they got their feel-good moment of self-righteousness.
    Now you want to claim DeSantis did something wrong because his state is choking on immigrants?
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 20:56
    @jj-adams said
    What a load.
    Martha's Vineyard has hundreds of available hotel rooms they could have put these people in, as well as job openings for them, but they chose to ship them off after they got their feel-good moment of self-righteousness.
    Now you want to claim DeSantis did something wrong because his state is choking on immigrants?
    Martha's Vineyard is a small island with a population of about 15,000. There aren't a lot of jobs there after the summer tourist season which is effectively over. Your parroting of brain dead right wing propaganda is amusing, but the migrants are far better off in a facility designed for people who are rendered homeless because of a natural disaster or similar emergency.

The hilarious part is that you are so stupid that you don't even realize these refugees were never even in Florida and thus none of DeSantis' concern except as political theater that seems to have backfired.
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 21:06
    @no1marauder said
    I guess when you have a point throughly debunked in one thread, the new right wing strategy is just to start another thread making the same baseless claims.
    Are you lecturing me here? 🙂
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 21:102 edits
    @AverageJoe1 - Call it a political stunt. Call it a bus ride or a balancing of society ….which, of course, it is. Don’t you libs want equality?
    -------------------------------

Joe, Joe, get cool now. It's "equity" not equality. As in, Don’t you libs want equity?

And I would say that there's a whole bunch o f equity on that island!! yessir

😉
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 21:11
    @no1marauder said

The people sent to Martha's Vineyard by DeSantis were primarily Venezuelans. Right wingers on this board and otherwise have been consistently pointing out how they are ill-treated in their own country yet when they flee the poverty and oppression there, I see absolute ...[text shortened]... , Earl's comment is more appropriately a criticism of the right than the folks on Martha's Vineyard.
    Don't stop there. So take your idiocy to its logical conclusion, these aliens keep coming and coming, their country pretty-much empties out, and they bring their country here.
    Marauder? They bring their country here, Are you listening to AverageJoe1.?
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 21:14
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @AverageJoe1 - Call it a political stunt. Call it a bus ride or a balancing of society ….which, of course, it is. Don’t you libs want equality?
    -------------------------------

Joe, Joe, get cool now. It's "equity" not equality. As in, Don’t you libs want equity?

😉
    Why distinguish...they want everything. Do they have groups like AA, for the purpose of sitting in little ciiiiirrrrrccclles to discuss how to get stuff?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree