1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 May '21 15:34
    @no1marauder said
    If you're interested enough to spend an hour checking out this theory of Biden's senility, here's the speech he gave to Congress last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJHwn9zu8X4
    OK, thanks. It looked like the Skynews article used only one short part of Biden's hour-long speech, and what they used wasn't changed. I cannot imagine anyone who could make an hour-long presentation without messing up a word here or there.
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 May '21 19:16
    @mghrn55 said
    And suppose just for a moment that you are right.
    Suppose Biden is gone in 2 years. Is Kamala Harris such a bad choice ?
    She did do circles around Mike Pence in the debates.
    She was the most liberal of all senators, so I’d be scared myself. All I remember about her debating, and even now, is her manic giggling. I don’t think Xi will get that when the two of them joust. She only got TWO percent of the Dem vote for who to run for President. He will know that, consider her weak and inconsequential, so we should all be worried, and all be scared of China.
    You fellers will sorta want someone who can fill Trump’s shoes. I hope it’s Trump. Yeah, I don’t like him, either. But could anyone else command more respect from world leaders.?

Note; ‘Respect’ is not necessarily an adjective of liking him.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 May '21 19:20
    @mwmiller said
    OK, thanks. It looked like the Skynews article used only one short part of Biden's hour-long speech, and what they used wasn't changed. I cannot imagine anyone who could make an hour-long presentation without messing up a word here or there.
    So, MWMiller, you figure Joe has got it all together?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 May '21 20:00
    @averagejoe1 said
    She was the most liberal of all senators, so I’d be scared myself. All I remember about her debating, and even now, is her manic giggling. I don’t think Xi will get that when the two of them joust. She only got TWO percent of the Dem vote for who to run for President. He will know that, consider her weak and inconsequential, so we should all be worried, and all be sc ...[text shortened]... ore respect from world leaders.?

Note; ‘Respect’ is not necessarily an adjective of liking him.
    It's almost hilarious that you think Trump got "respect" from other countries' leaders.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '21 20:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '21 20:09

7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 May '21 20:16
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Appealing to someone's personal vanity and narcissism in the (usually correct in this case) belief that that would make them adjust their country's policy to be more favorable to the flatterer is almost the opposite of having "respect" for them.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '21 20:201 edit

9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 May '21 21:051 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    So, MWMiller, you figure Joe has got it all together?
    I doubt if he does but I am not qualified to judge his mental state.

But after watching Biden's recent address to congress and comparing it to the short part that SkyNews presented as part of their article, I thought they were identical and had not been altered.

What I said about that was, "I cannot imagine anyone who could make an hour-long presentation without messing up a word here or there."

That does not in any way suggest what I think about Biden. His mental condition may be worth keeping an eye on but I am sure many people are already doing that.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone here who is a seasoned public speaker, and get their opinion on how to evaluate a senior citizen who makes a long presentation by reading from a teleprompter while trying to stay focused on the topic they are reading.

The other comments actually made by Biden in that SkyNews presentation were taken from somewhere other than his recent address to congress. Those have not been addressed at all in this thread but they did not inspire confidence in Biden's mental state.

In my opinion, many commentators, politicians and the media are very skilled and capable of cherry-picking short sound bites from a speech and then presenting these things out of context to create a bias and that was the extent of my reason for bringing it to this forum.

I am developing a serious mistrust in politicians and the media when they have an agenda, and wanted to get some honest facts and opinions from anyone who might have better information.
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    03 May '21 22:49
    @mwmiller Alan Jones is an Australian right wing nut job. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Jones_(radio_broadcaster)#Political_comments
    Biden has stuttered since childhood. He has largely overcome this condition but it does crop up. It has nothing to do with his age or his intelligence. https://www.stutteringhelp.org/content/president-joe-biden
    Perhaps you are like Trump, who made fun of a journalist who has cerebral palsy. Shame on you.
    I found Biden's address wonderful. He is a centrist. That's why he won by over 7 million votes. I do not agree with everything he is doing but at least he is not bringing us to the brink of fascism and disaster.
    Pre WWII, China was a third world country. Yes, they pollute more than any other country but they have the largstr population plus they have been polluting for a far shorter period than the U.S. China is ambitious and wants to be the #1 economic and political force internationally. If conservative U.S. politicians prevail in preventing our federal government from promoting large scale expenditures to grow the economy, make the term "working poor obsolete"and finance major research and development for technological solutions to climate change, China will become the #1 world leader, at least economically.
    As for human rights infractions, the U.S. is hardly the country to call out others when we have yet to fully acknowledge the embedded, structural racism in our own country.
    Biden had the federal government take over handling the distribution of the vaccine. Trump relinquished responsibility to the states. Many lives were lost because Trump politicized safety measures like wearing a masks and social distancing. He made states for PPE which drove up the price and probably cost some health care workers their lives. he even accused doctors of selling PPE out the back door to make more money. When Biden took over, there was no plan for vaccine distribution.
    At least Biden did not use the address to Congress to claim that he and he alone is the only one smart enough and powerful enough to solve every problem that could possibly face our nation. Maybe like some, you think Trump is the biblical Messiah.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 May '21 23:012 edits
    @mwmiller said
    you speak as though biden hasnt continually been making an ass of himself. could you imagine his reaction if he didnt know beforehand the questions he will be asked/
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 May '21 23:27
    @no1marauder said
    It's almost hilarious that you think Trump got "respect" from other countries' leaders.
    Look up the word. He did. They knew when he entered a room. Picture the penguin-gaited Biden cowering those guys. Hahaha
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 May '21 23:29
    You know what you should bone up on ? Culture...esp as relates to China. Drop the race thing. Really . It is all about culture.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 May '21 23:34
    OK. Then other world leaders were keyed in on Trump,,,,,whatever. “Expected, Received, Curried, Hitched”. Exactly!!!!! ..............Congrats!! you are getting the drift
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 May '21 23:37
    @no1marauder said
    Appealing to someone's personal vanity and narcissism in the (usually correct in this case) belief that that would make them adjust their country's policy to be more favorable to the flatterer is almost the opposite of having "respect" for them.
    You could be right, except for the fact that they knew that this guy was one tough cookie and he would not be swayed as you suggest by any other leader to do anything he didn’t already plan to do . You know it, I know it, everybody knows it, you are grasping for nonexistent straws.

While we’re on the subject, would you consider Biden to be one tough cookie? Ha ha Ha ha ha

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree