1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 07:23
    @moonbus said
    The 'military operation' has evidently not gone as planned for the Russians. Ukraine hasn't turned the corner, but they have shown that they are able to make Russia pay a higher price than the Russians are prepared to pay to secure a unilateral victory. I think Putin overestimated his own forces' fighting coherence and underestimated Ukraine's resilience. Proof that resistance is not futile.
    It never is. One of the best pieces of advice I got from my parents was if you get picked on by a bully thump them back as hard as you can, you won’t win the fight but the bully will pick on someone else the next time.
    Resistance is essential.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 07:31
    Russia still controls the air. They can bomb more targets than Ukraine can. This is just temporary. Any advances will probably be cut off and those Ukrainians will be isolated and vulnerable. They are overconfident.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 07:431 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Russia still controls the air. They can bomb more targets than Ukraine can. This is just temporary. Any advances will probably be cut off and those Ukrainians will be isolated and vulnerable. They are overconfident.
    Haha the Ukrainians are a mile or so from the Russian border and Putin’s emptying the prisons for more cannon fodder.
    I was concerned that the Ukrainians were creating a bubble that the Russians could later burst with them inside but this is no bubble it’s on a massively wide front. Putin will need to declare full mobilisation and conscript millions of Russians from their new McDonald’s to a deadly frontline if he wants to defeat Ukraine.
    Yes the little coward can hide in the Kremlin and lob cruise missiles at his neighbour but that won’t stop Russia from being seen as an impotent bully and I don’t think in the long term the Russian people will accept that as a payoff for the economic downgrading that will be their long long term future.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 09:091 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Haha the Ukrainians are a mile or so from the Russian border and Putin’s emptying the prisons for more cannon fodder.
    I was concerned that the Ukrainians were creating a bubble that the Russians could later burst with them inside but this is no bubble it’s on a massively wide front. Putin will need to declare full mobilisation and conscript millions of Russians from their n ...[text shortened]... will accept that as a payoff for the economic downgrading that will be their long long term future.
    Where are you getting that propaganda from?
    I suppose you are getting propaganda telling you the sanction are working too.

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/russias-largest-oil-producer-boosts-profits-despite-sanctions
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 10:24
    @metal-brain said
    Where are you getting that propaganda from?
    I suppose you are getting propaganda telling you the sanction are working too.

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/russias-largest-oil-producer-boosts-profits-despite-sanctions
    Shut up you lying Russian halfwit.
    The BBC, the Guardian, CNN and the evidence of my own eyes attached to my brain via the optical nerve, you really should try exercising the senses and faculties nature provided you with instead of sucking up and spewing out BS from the Russian propaganda machine.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 12:46
    @kevcvs57 said
    Shut up you lying Russian halfwit.
    The BBC, the Guardian, CNN and the evidence of my own eyes attached to my brain via the optical nerve, you really should try exercising the senses and faculties nature provided you with instead of sucking up and spewing out BS from the Russian propaganda machine.
    Sanctions are not working.
    Behaving like a child will not change that.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 13:28
    @metal-brain said
    Are you rooting for Russia to win? This is not an attack, I'm legitimately asking: do hope Ukraine loses?
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 14:18
    @metal-brain said
    Yeah they are working just a bit to slowly for the nae sayers these will be in place for years and years. Putin has rolled his oil and gas dice and Europe is biting the bullet, in a few years Russia will be just another carbon export economy but isolated from most other markets and as green tech improves and comes down in price oil and gas will be firmly in a buyers market.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 14:23
    @vivify said
    Are you rooting for Russia to win? This is not an attack, I'm legitimately asking: do hope Ukraine loses?
    I’m convinced he’s a Russian agitprop but it’s impossible to say for certain. All the clues are there though :- he struggles to understand points made in plain English, he will argue any side that sows division in the west ( especially the USA ) , he is constantly in lockstep with the Kremlin and it’s propaganda outlets and he gets very angry if you say anything disparaging about Russia.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 14:35
    @vivify said
    Ukraine belongs to Russia. The USA stole it from them by coup and allied themselves with neo Nazis. NATO expansion caused all of this and must be halted for long term world stability.

Are you hoping for the destruction of Russia by proxy war? Why do you want to keep paying for this proxy war? What do you get out of it other than inflation?
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 14:37
    @kevcvs57 said
    I’m convinced he’s a Russian agitprop but it’s impossible to say for certain. All the clues are there though :- he struggles to understand points made in plain English, he will argue any side that sows division in the west ( especially the USA ) , he is constantly in lockstep with the Kremlin and it’s propaganda outlets and he gets very angry if you say anything disparaging about Russia.
    What do you get out of this proxy war?
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 15:07
    @metal-brain said
    Ukraine belongs to Russia. The USA stole it from them by coup
    You realize Ukraine broke away with the fall of the USSR, right?

And do you realize that the Soviet states were still independent nations that didn't "belong" to Russia?
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Sep '22 15:21
    @vivify said

And do you realize that the Soviet states were still independent nations that didn't "belong" to Russia?
    See what I mean 🤷🏻‍♂️
    He missed the bit where Ukraine finally got its independence from a neighbour that had been abusing it for years culminating in the forced famine under Stalin. He thinks Russia owns other countries in Europe in the 21st century.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '22 00:25
    @vivify said

You realize Cuba broke away from the USA with the rise of Castro, right?
    Sore losers on all sides, right?

https://news.antiwar.com/2022/09/15/us-pledges-new-600-million-weapons-package-for-ukraine/
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Sep '22 01:141 edit
    @metal-brain said
    You realize Cuba broke away from the USA with the rise of Castro, right?
    Sore losers on all sides, right?

https://news.antiwar.com/2022/09/15/us-pledges-new-600-million-weapons-package-for-ukraine/
    So you're just going to refuse to concede you were wildly and mortifyingly wrong?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree