Is any American reaction called for in Syria after the chemical attack

Is any American reaction called for in Syria after the chemical attack

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Apr 18

Only if the US want to be taken seriously when they assert that chemical weapons are unacceptable. Therefore, I say yes

D

Moves
09 Apr 18

Moves
09 Apr 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
International relations and personal morality are orthogonal to one another, they are measured in different dimensions.

D

Moves
09 Apr 18
3 edits

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Apr 18

Originally posted by @stevemcc
Only if the US want to be taken seriously when they assert that chemical weapons are unacceptable. Therefore, I say yes
The US has already reacted by condemning Assad and everybody who supports him.

Do you mean war? With whom exactly?

I personally would prefer independent fact finding to determine if such an attack took place. It would seem a senseless thing for the Syrian government to do at this time, but I'm open to evidence.

MB

Moves
09 Apr 18

Originally posted by @no1marauder
The US has already reacted by condemning Assad and everybody who supports him.

Do you mean war? With whom exactly?

I personally would prefer independent fact finding to determine if such an attack took place. It would seem a senseless thing for the Syrian government to do at this time, but I'm open to evidence.
I agree, last time there was no investigation and trump bombed anyway. Also, recently Trump said he would pull out of Syria and it would be other country's problem. Then Trump's lawyer gets raided and Trump wants to bomb Syria again. Doesn't that seem like more than just a coincidence?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-seizes-records-related-to-stormy-daniels-in-raid-of-trump-attorney-michael-cohens-office/2018/04/09/e3e43cf4-3c30-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.804928d9d333

MB

Moves
09 Apr 18

I agree. The USA still has chemical weapons as well. Even more hypocritical, the USA used napalm on North Korea during the Korean war. To that hypocrite Niki Haley I ask "who would use napalm? What kind of monster would kill people by burning them to death with napalm?"
It would be hard to argue that napalm is more humane than Chlorine gas. The corporate news media will undoubtedly omit any discussion of that though. Effective propaganda. The creator of this thread bought right into it.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Apr 18

Originally posted by @metal-brain
I agree. The USA still has chemical weapons as well. Even more hypocritical, the USA used napalm on North Korea during the Korean war. To that hypocrite Niki Haley I ask "who would use napalm? What kind of monster would kill people by burning them to death with napalm?"
It would be hard to argue that napalm is more humane than Chlorine gas. The corpora ...[text shortened]... iscussion of that though. Effective propaganda. The creator of this thread bought right into it.
The difference is that chlorine gas persists for a long time and can be blown around via the wind. It can also penetrate areas where napalm would not. Napalm can have an indirect effect of using up all the oxygen in bunkers and people suffocating from that.

MB

Moves
09 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @athousandyoung
The difference is that chlorine gas persists for a long time and can be blown around via the wind. It can also penetrate areas where napalm would not. Napalm can have an indirect effect of using up all the oxygen in bunkers and people suffocating from that.
There is no evidence Syria used chlorine gas at all. I saw the videos on the news, just a bunch of people watering each other off with a hose. There was no investigation last time either.

Besides, the USA still has chemical weapons after a lot of time to get rid of them. If my government was serious about chemical weapons it would have gotten rid of their own by now.

BTW, you don't think napalm falls on houses and burns children alive?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Apr 18

Originally posted by @metal-brain
There is no evidence Syria used chlorine gas at all. I saw the videos on the news, just a bunch of people watering each other off with a hose. There was no investigation last time either.

Besides, the USA still has chemical weapons after a lot of time to get rid of them. If my government was serious about chemical weapons it would have gotten rid of their own by now.

BTW, you don't think napalm falls on houses and burns children alive?
You mentioned chlorine gas not me. I agree that burning people alive is incredibly horrific. One of the worst ways to die. Chemical weapons are no more horrible than fire weapons in terms of the damage done to the victims.

MB

Moves
10 Apr 18

Originally posted by @athousandyoung
You mentioned chlorine gas not me. I agree that burning people alive is incredibly horrific. One of the worst ways to die. Chemical weapons are no more horrible than fire weapons in terms of the damage done to the victims.
Thank you. People need to understand why North Koreans distrust the USA so much. Everything is a double standard with the USA.
Like Duchess rightly pointed out, Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran and did nothing, just let it happen without complaint. That is why the Iranians distrust the USA so much. That and Operation Ajax.

rain

Moves
10 Apr 18

Duchess used a war that ended 30 years ago as evidence of U.S. hypocrisy today.

Her stupidity is impressive.

rain

Moves
10 Apr 18

Originally posted by @stevemcc
Going through with war just to save face is monumentally stupid. True, such a threat shouldn't be made in the first place. But going to war over ego is always the wrong path.

D

Moves
10 Apr 18
2 edits

D

Moves
10 Apr 18