Government shutdown

Government shutdown

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
24 Dec 18
2 edits

I just want to make sure everyone is OK.

My only question is, since the government has shut down, who will waste my money, spy on me, and have contempt for me?

We're all gonna die!

w

Moves
24 Dec 18

@whodey

I do have a few questions about the shut down though.

If the government has shut down, where are my taxes going?

Also, I appreciate the Christmas present. but I'm afraid I did not get the government anything. What would be a good gift?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Dec 18

@whodey
Your taxes are already gone. Any taxes taken out of your paycheck will go to IRS coffers and won't be going to pay hundreds of thousands of government workers, in fact, airport checkers are working without pay for the duration.
But you already know all that and instead THINK you are being clever.

m

Moves
24 Dec 18

@whodey said
@whodey

I do have a few questions about the shut down though.

If the government has shut down, where are my taxes going?

Also, I appreciate the Christmas present. but I'm afraid I did not get the government anything. What would be a good gift?
Impeachment !!

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
24 Dec 18

, in fact, airport checkers are working without pay for the duration.
But you already know all that and instead THINK you are being clever.
Those are just the paedophiles satisfying their urge to feel up kiddies. As with any shut down they will be paid, along with all those that simply stayed home, when the shut down ends.

n

Moves
24 Dec 18

@whodey

LoL we're all gonna die... cracked me up. 😂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Dec 18

@wajoma said
Those are just the paedophiles satisfying their urge to feel up kiddies. As with any shut down they will be paid, along with all those that simply stayed home, when the shut down ends.
And if the shut down lasts a month?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 18

@sonhouse said
The USA is a joke

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
25 Dec 18

@sonhouse said
It might be a wise move to take a hot apple pie round to the local fire dept., just to keep on their good side.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
25 Dec 18

@whodey said
I just want to make sure everyone is OK.

My only question is, since the government has shut down, who will waste my money, spy on me, and have contempt for me?

We're all gonna die!
Google

K

Germany

Moves
25 Dec 18

What I find surprising about this whole shutdown-every-other-minute business is that apparently no one seems to think that it would be a good idea to, I don't know, not have them anymore? I'm pretty sure the last one they had here was in 1945. Even in freaking Belgium when they had a caretaker government for a year they had no "government shutdown" or anything like it.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
25 Dec 18

@kazetnagorra said
What I find surprising about this whole shutdown-every-other-minute business is that apparently no one seems to think that it would be a good idea to, I don't know, not have them anymore? I'm pretty sure the last one they had here was in 1945. Even in freaking Belgium when they had a caretaker government for a year they had no "government shutdown" or anything like it.
Welcome to the new world dis-order, based no longer on stability, shared interests and cooperation, but rampant Trumpism:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/25/opinions/nic-robertson-2019-opinion-intl/index.html

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Dec 18

@badradger
With Trump as POTUS, it is now. Just an indication of the decline of the US, like Rome a hundred years before THEIR collapse.

K

Germany

Moves
25 Dec 18

@sonhouse said
@badradger
With Trump as POTUS, it is now. Just an indication of the decline of the US, like Rome a hundred years before THEIR collapse.
The Roman Empire was as its peak territorial extent in 117 AD. It collapsed in 1453.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Dec 18

@kazetnagorra said
The Roman Empire was as its peak territorial extent in 117 AD. It collapsed in 1453.
Well the HRE may have gone down in 1453 but Rome lost it around 440 AD or so, which left a huge vacuum in Europe and England. it took them a thousand years to get over THAT hangover.