1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 09:02
    @kevcvs57 said
    I’m sure men can choose to have an abortion under the same law.
    I’ve never seen an equal pay for women act just an equal pay act.
    If it’s the former it’s badly worded but in practice it’s spot on.
    Men give birth today, so I have no idea why they can't get an abortion.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 09:13
    @earl-of-trumps said
    That’s another topic but the point is pro choice legislation cannot be accused of being a law based in gender or sex it’s just whoever needs/wants one.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 16:58
    @no1marauder said
    The entire section:

"(a)Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice. It is of two kinds:
    Voluntary—Upon a sudden quarrel or heat of passion.

Involuntary—In the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to a felony, or in the commission in an unlawful manner, or without due caution and circumspection, of a lawful act which might produce de ...[text shortened]... title or imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both."

Where does this statute support your claims?
    You post a partial definition? LOL

Several different types of manslaughter.

let me present a scenario.
    An 8 week pregnant woman wants to terminate her child. The way it is now, all is good, life goes on.

Now, little Johnny has a couple of beers, driving a little too fast. He is involved in an accident that claims the life/lives of the woman mentioned above. Would he be charged with two counts of manslaughter?
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 17:00
    @mghrn55 said
    You’re afraid of women, aren’t you ?
    Im not afraid of man nor woman. Childish of you to mention it tho.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 17:06
    @mott-the-hoople said
    You post a partial definition? LOL

Several different types of manslaughter.

let me present a scenario.
    An 8 week pregnant woman wants to terminate her child. The way it is now, all is good, life goes on.

Now, little Johnny has a couple of beers, driving a little too fast. He is involved in an accident that claims the life/lives of the woman mentioned above. Would he be charged with two counts of manslaughter?
    I posted the statute you cited in its entirety.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 18:35
    @no1marauder said
    I posted the statute you cited in its entirety.
    you seem to be avoiding this.

“let me present a scenario.

Now, little Johnny has a couple of beers, driving a little too fast. He is involved in an accident that claims the life/lives of the woman mentioned above. Would he be charged with two counts of manslaughter?“
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 19:25
    @Mott-The-Hoople

Much history of that. Two counts, of course.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 19:29
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Mott-The-Hoople

Much history of that. Two counts, of course.
    Correct, the laws now are not equal. Needs to go back to scotus.

I cant get answers when I ask about marriage equality either.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 20:04
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you seem to be avoiding this.

“let me present a scenario.

Now, little Johnny has a couple of beers, driving a little too fast. He is involved in an accident that claims the life/lives of the woman mentioned above. Would he be charged with two counts of manslaughter?“
    For any State to apply manslaughter to the death of a fetus, it would have add specific language doing so since the term "person" does not include the unborn.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 20:281 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    "Justice Ginsburg’s using her position to try to impose a feminist vision on federal policy ought to be recognized for what it was: an abuse of power.
    Trump used his position to block congressional subpoenas while he was under investigation.

Yet you call brining her "feminist vision" abuse of power?

Typical conservative.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 21:532 edits
    @no1marauder said
    For any State to apply manslaughter to the death of a fetus, it would have add specific language doing so since the term "person" does not include the unborn.
    Wrong...

"Because of principles of federalism embodied in the United States Constitution, federal criminal law does not apply to crimes prosecuted by the individual states. However, 38 states also recognize the fetus or "unborn child" as a crime victim, at least for purposes of homicide or feticide."

https://www.nrlc.org/federal/unbornvictims/statehomicidelaws092302/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unborn_Victims_of_Violence_Act

And you still haven't answered my question.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 22:29
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Wrong...

"Because of principles of federalism embodied in the United States Constitution, federal criminal law does not apply to crimes prosecuted by the individual states. However, 38 states also recognize the fetus or "unborn child" as a crime victim, at least for purposes of homicide or feticide."

https://www.nrlc.org/federal/unbornvictims/statehomicide ...[text shortened]... /en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unborn_Victims_of_Violence_Act

And you still haven't answered my question.
    My post is still 100% correct; the States that did so added specific language that made the death of a fetus punishable under certain statutes in some cases.

You'd have to specify the State; in mine, the death of a nonviable fetus cannot be homicide under any circumstances:

"S 125.00 Homicide defined.
    Homicide means conduct which causes the death of a person or an unborn child with which a female has been pregnant for more than twenty-four weeks under circumstances constituting murder, manslaughter in the first degree, manslaughter in the second degree, criminally negligent homicide, abortion in the first degree or self-abortion in the first degree.

S 125.05 Homicide, abortion and related offenses; definitions of terms.
    The following definitions are applicable to this article:
    1. "Person," when referring to the victim of a homicide, means a human being who has been born and is alive.

NY Penal Law 125.00, 125.05. http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article125.htm#p125.05
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 22:55
    @no1marauder said
    My post is still 100% correct; the States that did so added specific language that made the death of a fetus punishable under certain statutes in some cases.

You'd have to specify the State; in mine, the death of a nonviable fetus cannot be homicide under any circumstances:

"S 125.00 Homicide defined.
    Homicide means conduct which causes the death of a person or a ...[text shortened]... d is alive.[/b]

NY Penal Law 125.00, 125.05. http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article125.htm#p125.05
    LOL...the language was added in 2004.

In the beginning there wasnt any language period...by your excuse ever action has to have “language added”.

You can never admit when you are wrong, that takes a real man. You con take pointers from AJ

Now you want to center in on one state that doesnt recognize.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 00:14
    @earl-of-trumps said
    no, men dont give birth
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 00:18
    @mott-the-hoople said
    LOL...the language was added in 2004.

In the beginning there wasnt any language period...by your excuse ever action has to have “language added”.

You can never admit when you are wrong, that takes a real man. You con take pointers from AJ

Now you want to center in on one state that doesnt recognize.
    You're not making any sense, but you rarely do.

The fact remains that US law doesn't and never has and never will recognize a non-viable fetus as a "person". That some States include the killing of a fetus under their penal laws really doesn't prove anything; it is also illegal almost everywhere to kill a dog or cat or a bald eagle for that matter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree