Education

Education

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Sep 18

Wow.
I thought teachers' pay was low in UK.
But in US.....

Explains a lot.

What is solution?
Can US afford an education system?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Wow.
But in US.....
[youtube]NE9doDE-t_Y[/youtube]

Explains a lot.

What is solution?
What is 'the' solution.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @wajoma
What is 'the' solution.
Fund schools so that bullies and bad behaviour does not set the agenda where kids aught to be learning. That means more teachers, smaller class sizes. Make sure the schools are resourced with current text books and or access to technology and again the ratio of teachers to students that will change the culture of non learning and demoralised attendance. And spend good money on good food in the canteens and make sure that every kid has good nutrients on board an is not full of sugar and salt and make the food available subsidised to the level that the kids can afford. Kids got nothing, subsidize at 100% And none of that soup in a can rubbish.

And lastly stop trying to run schools like a business where educators have to meet kpi's against standardized testing. Teachers have to be given trust. The teaching profession on the ground must be empowered to find the solutions for their schools. Not some board imposed fud that has nothing to do with anything.

Because at the end of the day, kids are still that. Kids. And if your school policy says hand in your device at the start of school and here it is for you at the end of the school, the kids will learn. And have a rapid removal squad. Kid wants to disrupt the lesson, because their issues are larger than their ability to self regulate, then have a process of removal and allow the rest of the class to get on with it.

More of the same of the old solutions will not change anything.

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @kmax87
Fund schools so that bullies and bad behaviour does not set the agenda where kids aught to be learning. That means more teachers, smaller class sizes. Make sure the schools are resourced with current text books and or access to technology and again the ratio of teachers to students that will change the culture of non learning and demoralised attendance. And ...[text shortened]... the class to get on with it.

Very nice! Agreeably stated solutions. Kudos!

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
Very nice! Agreeably stated solutions. Kudos!
Thanks. I teach in the public system here in Australia, and I have yet to meet any teacher who disagrees!

D

Moves
18 Sep 18

Moves
18 Sep 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
True, but politics, particularly in a two-party stultocracy, favours the short-term solution.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Sep 18

What is 'the' solution.
'the' solution is explicitly inferring that there is one and only one solution.
I have no evidence that is true ... do you?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Sep 18

Fund schools so that bullies and bad behaviour does not set the agenda where kids aught to be learning. That means more teachers, smaller class sizes. Make sure the schools are resourced with current text books and or access to technology and again the ratio of teachers to students that will change the culture of non learning and demoralised attendance. And ...[text shortened]... the class to get on with it.

Can't argue with any of that.
Why is it that some (all?) US states are so far off?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
18 Sep 18
1 edit

I was correcting wolfgang english. wolfgang likes to correct the english and gammar of folk on a casual anonymous message board, it is moronic, I was giving wolfgang some of his own medicine,

LOLWGURANIDJIT

Z

Moves
19 Sep 18

Wow.
But in US.....
[youtube]NE9doDE-t_Y[/youtube]

Explains a lot.

What is solution?
of course it can afford it. The US has the money to do basically any social program Denmark or Sweeden has, it just chooses to spend it on crap.

w

Moves
19 Sep 18
1 edit

What is 'the' solution.
Mo money cuz that fixes everything.

Moves
19 Sep 18

According to proponents of incessant "tax cuts for the wealthy"...it does.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
19 Sep 18

Originally posted by @zahlanzi
of course it can afford it. The US has the money to do basically any social program Denmark or Sweeden has, it just chooses to spend it on crap.
The only social program it seems to fund is the police force and a prison system, because where in the world did a good education provide a way out of poverty and social dysfunction. No, it's much better to punish the underachiever, the disadvantaged and the generationally disempowered. How else you gonna enjoy your wealth and lifestyle if not for the poor begrudgingly acknowledging your greatness by the envious way they lust after all your possessions and trinkets. I mean how else could you guage how priveledged your lifestyle was except for the odd homeless person succumbing to frostbite during a cold snap, to emphasize your warm and cosy success. We can't all be winners, right??

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Sep 18
1 edit

Can't argue with any of that.
Why is it that some (all?) US states are so far off?
The answer to this is that most US states have Republican state administrations led by Republican governors.

Republicans are not interested in having an informed electorate, for obvious reasons.