Disgraced FBI Official Requests Immunity

Disgraced FBI Official Requests Immunity

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
07 Jun 18

Originally posted by @whodey
If they give him immunity he will in return give them nothing.

They should do to him what Dims did to Flynn.
Absolutely. They've given the last 4 or 5 liberal dirtbags immunity and got burned for it.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
07 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
Who uttered these hysterics?
In case you're incapable of paying attention, I didn't single anyone out here, nor was I taking part in these forums at the time. I saw it on tv, heard it on the radio, and social media was infested with it. Don't trust me? Fine, call me a liar. But don't disingenuously ask for a list of names.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jun 18

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
The same people you rely on for your 'news and information'
Where on the BBC News website did you read that "nobody pleads the 5th unless they have something to hide"?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Jun 18
2 edits

Where on the BBC News website did you read that "nobody pleads the 5th unless they have something to hide"?
Why would I need to be told this by anyone? In the US it's common knowledge that pleading the 5th usually means someone has something to hide.

By the same token, refusing to give a DNA sample in a criminal investigation does not mean your name will be removed from a suspect list.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
07 Jun 18

Michael Flynn pleads the 5th and left wingers shout from their bullhorns: "Guilty as charged!"

Hillary Clinton deletes 33,000 emails (emails that were demanded by the State Dept as evidence in an investigation), smashes cell phones, and uses Bleach Bit on hard drives. Reaction by left wingers? *crickets* ... nothing worth mentioning.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Michael Flynn pleads the 5th and left wingers shout from their bullhorns: "Guilty as charged!"

Hillary Clinton deletes 33,000 emails (emails that were demanded by the State Dept as evidence in an investigation), smashes cell phones, and uses Bleach Bit on hard drives. Reaction by left wingers? *crickets* ... nothing worth mentioning.
Flynn pleaded guilty to a felony. He seems to agree that he's guilty as charged.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Jun 18
3 edits

Flynn pleaded guilty to a felony. He seems to agree that he's guilty as charged.
Are you incapable of anything other than straight line, two dimensional thinking?
There might be something Flynn doesn't want to reveal that has nothing to with any charges against him. Flynn is fully aware that Trump has been investigated for a year and a half for something he (Trump) clearly hasn't done, so why should he (Flynn) believe that he isn't also the target of a fishing expedition?

Pleading guilty is way out, a way to avoid being harrassed for years and bled dry from paying legal fees. So yeah, he's guilty of giving up and throwing in the towel for the sake of his and his family's peace of mind.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jun 18

Are you incapable of anything other than straight line, two dimensional thinking?
There might be something Flynn doesn't want to reveal that has nothing to with any charges against him. Flynn is fully aware that Trump has been investigated for a year and half for something he (Trump) clearly hasn't done, so why should he (Flynn) believe that he isn't also the target of a fishing expedition?
Interesting. So Trump clearly didn't fire Comey to derail the investigation? He clearly didn't attempt to cover up evidence that the Trump Tower meeting was arranged in order to obtain dirt on Clinton?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Absolutely. They've given the last 4 or 5 liberal dirtbags immunity and got burned for it.
Oliver North and John Poindexter got immunity for their Congressional testimony. https://www.nytimes.com/1988/06/12/opinion/the-price-of-iran-contra-immunity.html:

Fully aware that they faced prosecution, the admiral and the colonel, both now retired, and the arms dealer, Mr. Hakim, claimed their privileges against coerced self-incrimination. The Congressional investigators were able to obtain their testimony only in exchange for a promise not to use that coerced testimony.

It turned out to be a bad idea; they both prevaricated and evaded questions in an incredible manner and their later convictions were thrown out because they have been compelled to admit criminal wrongdoing in public testimony.

In general, I don't support granting immunity to get Congressional testimony where the desired witness is facing possible criminal charges.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Jun 18

Interesting. So Trump clearly didn't fire Comey to derail the investigation? He clearly didn't attempt to cover up evidence that the Trump Tower meeting was arranged in order to obtain dirt on Clinton?
Haven't you read the Donald's tweets? He's totally innocent of everything.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Jun 18

I like reading fiction too.
But I'm mostly interested in real-time, real-world events.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Jun 18

Is the sand your head is in comfortable?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Jun 18

Originally posted by @no1marauder
Haven't you read the Donald's tweets? He's totally innocent of everything.
Still haven't figured it out, have you.

Much of his tweeting is for stirring up the crazies.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Jun 18

Originally posted by @no1marauder
Is the sand your head is in comfortable?
Is the sand in your head uncomfortable?

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jun 18

Why do you think Donald Trump drafted a letter lying about the purpose of the Trump Tower meeting?