1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 May '22 16:02
    @mott-the-hoople said
    so you think the PEOPLE of that state shouldnt be able to vote for the one they want?
    Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying they should have the option of a democrat as well, not a Republican and a Republican lite.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 May '22 16:04
    @mott-the-hoople said
    your post contains many lies
    No your just to dumb to see the scam or more likely you are in favour of the scam.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 May '22 16:44
    @sh76 said
    Manchin is far and away the most valuable Democrat in the country. If Manchin were replaced, it would almost certainly be with a conservative Republican. Instead, you have a Democrat who votes to confirm almost all Biden appointments and caucuses with the Democrats, giving them the slimmest of margins by which to run the Senate and decide on committee assignments. Basically, the ...[text shortened]... throw Manchin out of the party? You're absolutely clueless as to the most basic political realities.
    "Without nuking the filibuster, the abortion bill wouldn't have passed anyway. "

What is your source of information?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '22 17:15
    @AverageJoe1
    It is more than clear you WANT us to go to sleep and ignore Trump even though he is the most evil psychopathic narcissistic being to be born in the US and you NEVER even come close to even criticizing this would be dictator. You HAVE to know I am right about this turd of a human.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '22 17:213 edits
    @Metal-Brain
    Do you EVER follow real news besides Fox and the other ultrarightwingnut sites?
    It would have taken SIXTY votes to get that bill through. If you had an OUNCE of brains you would have known that and the bill ran through KNOWING it would fail but they wanted talking points for November, where ALL the bad actors would be shown to have voted no on women's rights.
    You would never hear such analysis on Fox news, they just go balls to the wall attack mode on dems.
    Manchin is a DINO for sure, a traitor to the ranks, he is known to have already contributed to republicans running for office.
    I think he will break rank and become what he was all along, just another money and power hungry repub.
    BTW, the number of folks who voted no are a minority in the US, some 7 MILLION less voters in all those states added up together so once again minority rules.

The US won't be a real democracy till we get rid of the ancient electoral college and do straight votes.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 May '22 21:311 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    The democrat leadership are a bunch of cowards who would rather have him vote for them some of the time than have him defect to GOP like he said he would do a couple of times.

Primary him.
    They did in 2018 with a suitable liberal, Paula Jean Swearengin.

Manchin won with 69.86% of the vote. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_Senate_election_in_West_Virginia

I would rather have progressives concentrate on holding the 23 Seats Democrats have in the 2024 Senate elections and taking shots at the few vulnerable Republicans than engaging in internecine warfare. Gain a couple seats in 2022 and Manchin's views won't be as important.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 May '22 22:29
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Do you EVER follow real news besides Fox and the other ultrarightwingnut sites?
    It would have taken SIXTY votes to get that bill through. If you had an OUNCE of brains you would have known that and the bill ran through KNOWING it would fail but they wanted talking points for November, where ALL the bad actors would be shown to have voted no on women's rights. ...[text shortened]... US won't be a real democracy till we get rid of the ancient electoral college and do straight votes.
    He said without the filibuster you idiot.

If you had an OUNCE of brains you would have known that it doesn't take 60 votes without a filibuster.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '22 01:34
    @metal-brain said
    He said without the filibuster you idiot.

If you had an OUNCE of brains you would have known that it doesn't take 60 votes without a filibuster.
    You shouldn't call people an "idiot" when you keep showing you can't read.

sh76: Without nuking the filibuster, the abortion bill wouldn't have passed anyway.

Now don't you feel stupid(er)?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 May '22 07:50
    @no1marauder said
    You shouldn't call people an "idiot" when you keep showing you can't read.

sh76: Without nuking the filibuster, the abortion bill wouldn't have passed anyway.

Now don't you feel stupid(er)?
    That is irrelevant since Manchin is preventing the democrats from nuking the filibuster, which I pointed out to you. Anyway you slice it Manchin is the problem.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 May '22 08:03
    @metal-brain said
    "Without nuking the filibuster, the abortion bill wouldn't have passed anyway. "

What is your source of information?
    math
    50 less than 60
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 May '22 08:043 edits
    @zahlanzi said
    math
    50 less than 60
    That is irrelevant since Manchin is preventing the democrats from nuking the filibuster, which I pointed out earlier in this thread. Anyway you slice it Manchin is the problem. Here is the title to the article below:

Manchin: Primary me if you want, I won't go 'nuclear'

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/18/senate-dems-filibuster-showdown-election-reform-527308

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/590494-manchin-chides-dems-over-filibuster-saying-he-cant-support-such-a-perilous/

See how arrogant he is? He is daring democrats to primary him because he knows big money will back him. He is rubbing your noses in your own crap and laughing at you all.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 May '22 08:09
    @no1marauder said
    They did in 2018 with a suitable liberal, Paula Jean Swearengin.

Manchin won with 69.86% of the vote. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_Senate_election_in_West_Virginia

I would rather have progressives concentrate on holding the 23 Seats Democrats have in the 2024 Senate elections and taking shots at the few vulnerable Republicans than engaging in internecine warfare. Gain a couple seats in 2022 and Manchin's views won't be as important.
    you won't gain "a couple of seats" in 2022 if people feel you aren't doing your absolute best to help them.

Right now, the fact that the democrats don't have the balls and/or the power to keep Manchin or Synema in check is but one of the reasons many will stay at home in the midterms.

Good thing Roe v Wade leak happened. Maybe that will galvanize people to vote.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 May '22 08:11
    @metal-brain said
    That is irrelevant since Manchin is preventing the democrats from nuking the filibuster, which I pointed out earlier in this thread. Anyway you slice it Manchin is the problem. Here is the title to the article below:

Manchin: Primary me if you want, I won't go 'nuclear'

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/18/senate-dems-filibuster-showdown-election-reform-527308 ...[text shortened]... he knows big money will back him. He is rubbing your noses in your own crap and laughing at you all.
    I was answering that particular question. I agree that Manchin is the worst and Democrats are incompetent cowards unwilling/unable to put some pressure on him.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 May '22 11:271 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    Right now, the fact that the democrats don't have the balls and/or the power to keep Manchin or Synema in check is but one of the reasons many will stay at home in the midterms.
    That won't do anything but turn those two into conservative heroes.

Remember how Dems celebrated Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney for voting against Trump because he incited a government insurrection? Romney was booed at a Republican convention and Cheney was censured. The only thing accomplished was that Republicans ended up looking like bitter control freaks.

I agree that Dems are cowards but not for failing to punishing dissenters. Sanders lost the primary because Dems like Buttigieg said his policies were too extreme or too radical to win the election; it was completely lost on them that Trump has been extreme from the moment he entered politics.

Buttigieg said Sanders was "too radical" to win the election...at the same time that he was running as a married gay man in America. Biden ended up being the "safe" middle-of-the-road candidate who made Republicans the happiest out of the all the other candidates.

Dems chose to be safe against a president who said the craziest sh$t in the history of the presidency, instead of having the balls to elect someone actually willing to help.

Obama was the same way; he wanted to be the president of compromise and ended bending over backward for Republicans until his spine snapped. Obama was repaid by having the Public Option stripped from the Affordable Care Act and passed a weak, watered-down version of his signature bill. All that kowtowing just to have the Republicans he kept bowing too scream that he was the worst president of all time.

You would think Dems would learn to stopping giving a fuk about what Republicans think; nope. Dems have absolutely no balls.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 May '22 12:29
    @metal-brain said
    Why are democrats protesting at republicans houses over abortion?
    Manchin betrayed you.

Protest Manchin. He is a plutocrat.
    Why not both? That Manchin is a bottom feeder doesn't mean the Republicans aren't, some even more so than him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree