1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 May '22 06:55
    Why are democrats protesting at republicans houses over abortion?
    Manchin betrayed you. He pretended to be one of you and stuck a knife in your back. He will get another term though. Do you know why? Money and influence.

Corruption is so deep in the system democrats will never vote him out. They will see all those pro Manchin ads on TV paid for by the coal and oil industry saying what a great guy he is and facebook will censor any negative posts about Manchin so you don't know what a piece of dung he is.

This is why democracy in the USA is a farce, because this is the best democracy money can buy. The USA is really a plutocracy. That explains why the USA does not have universal health care, but lawmakers do.

Russia has universal healthcare. This should become an increasingly embarrassing fact to the democrat party. Health is a human right and Russia is doing more than the USA for their people for that right and the majority want it.

Why does Russia represent the majority of their people better than the USA if the USA has a better democracy than Russia? Isn't Manchin a brutal reminder that the USA isn't really a democracy?

Protest Manchin. He is a plutocrat.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 May '22 07:18
    @metal-brain said
    Manchin betrayed you. He pretended to be one of you and stuck a knife in your back. He will get another term though. Do you know why? Money and influence.

Corruption is so deep in the system democrats will never vote him out. They will see all those pro Manchin ads on TV paid for by the coal and oil in ...[text shortened]... chin a brutal reminder that the USA isn't really a democracy?

This is why democracy in the USA is a farce, because this is the best democracy money can buy.

Never thought I'd see the day I agreed with you, but you are correct on this. Frankly its embarrassing.

I'm trying very hard to shut my mouth, stay off these forums, and get back to studying and playing OTB chess, but couldn't resist this.

Must exercise more discipline! 🤔
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 May '22 07:26
    @mchill said
    This is why democracy in the USA is a farce, because this is the best democracy money can buy.

Never thought I'd see the day I agreed with you, but you are correct on this. Frankly its embarrassing.

I'm trying very hard to shut my mouth, stay off these forums, and get back to studying and playing OTB chess, but couldn't resist this.

"I'm trying very hard to shut my mouth, stay off these forums"

If you do that Manchin and his puppet masters win.
    Do the opposite. If we are going to go down go down fighting. Get the word out. Make it go viral.

Don't make it easy on them. The disinformation governance board is a symptom of their desperation to keep stuff like this from going viral. If all of us do our part spreading this information we could win. The problem is not everybody does their part. That is why we keep losing to the puppet masters.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 May '22 08:04
    @metal-brain said

Corruption is so deep in the system democrats will never vote him out. They will see all those pro Manchin ads on TV paid for by the coal and oil in ...[text shortened]... chin a brutal reminder that the USA isn't really a democracy?

they did

now they are protesting republicans
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 May '22 10:231 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    they did

now they are protesting republicans
    Why is he even getting to call himself a democrat, talk about Dino. He effectively votes with, or abstains in favour of, the republicans on every substantive issue. It’s not as though the Dems would have won the vote anyway.
    Codifying Roe v Wade would not have done any of the things he claimed to be against. He’s a double agent for the republicans who in effect get that state for the senate without even fighting for it.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '22 10:511 edit
    @metal-brain said
    "I'm trying very hard to shut my mouth, stay off these forums"

If you do that Manchin and his puppet masters win.
    Do the opposite. If we are going to go down go down fighting. Get the word out. Make it go viral.

Don't make it easy on them. The disinformation governance board is a symptom of their desperation to keep stuff like this from going viral. If all of us ...[text shortened]... win. The problem is not everybody does their part. That is why we keep losing to the puppet masters.
    Why are you so desperate to be afraid of everything and to convince others that they need to be afraid as well? This is what Trump does.

"You need to fight like hell or you won't have a country anymore."
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 May '22 12:27
    @suzianne said
    Why are you so desperate to be afraid of everything and to convince others that they need to be afraid as well? This is what Trump does.

"You need to fight like hell or you won't have a country anymore."
    Trump!!! Never let a Trump-less thread go to waste.
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    12 May '22 12:48
    @mchill said

😉 😕
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    12 May '22 13:57
    @metal-brain said

Manchin is far and away the most valuable Democrat in the country. If Manchin were replaced, it would almost certainly be with a conservative Republican. Instead, you have a Democrat who votes to confirm almost all Biden appointments and caucuses with the Democrats, giving them the slimmest of margins by which to run the Senate and decide on committee assignments. Basically, the only thing he won't do is nuke the filibuster. Without nuking the filibuster, the abortion bill wouldn't have passed anyway.

Protesting to try to convince Manchin to change his mind? Sure. Go for it. That's democracy. Protesting to try to throw Manchin out of the party? You're absolutely clueless as to the most basic political realities.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    12 May '22 13:591 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Why is he even getting to call himself a democrat, talk about Dino. He effectively votes with, or abstains in favour of, the republicans on every substantive issue. It’s not as though the Dems would have won the vote anyway.
    Codifying Roe v Wade would not have done any of the things he claimed to be against. He’s a double agent for the republicans who in effect get that state for the senate without even fighting for it.
    ===He’s a double agent for the republicans who in effect get that state for the senate without even fighting for it.===

Just plain clueless.

A double agent?? He could run as a Republican and win by 50 points in WV. Why the F would be give Dems the Senate majority if he were such a Republican agent?
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 May '22 14:18
    @kevcvs57 said
    your post contains many lies
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 May '22 14:21
    @sh76 said
    Manchin is far and away the most valuable Democrat in the country. If Manchin were replaced, it would almost certainly be with a conservative Republican. Instead, you have a Democrat who votes to confirm almost all Biden appointments and caucuses with the Democrats, giving them the slimmest of margins by which to run the Senate and decide on committee assignments. Basically, the ...[text shortened]... throw Manchin out of the party? You're absolutely clueless as to the most basic political realities.
    just imagine, a politician that votes according to the wants of the people that elected him…

these progressive dems here are showing their true colors
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 May '22 14:21
    @sh76 said
    ===He’s a double agent for the republicans who in effect get that state for the senate without even fighting for it.===

Just plain clueless.

A double agent?? He could run as a Republican and win by 50 points in WV. Why the F would be give Dems the Senate majority if he were such a Republican agent?
    Yeah it was a bit tongue cheek Mr socially clueless.
    Well he should run as a republican and the people of his state should at least have the option of an actual democrat, that seems more democratic than blurring the lines.
    You cannot even disagree with trumps more regarded ideas and tropes without being called a rino but you don’t think manchin is a dino given how out of step he is with the bulk of the democrat party.
    He’s a republican, it’s obvious, a moderate republican perhaps but definitely a republican
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 May '22 15:28
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yeah it was a bit tongue cheek Mr socially clueless.
    Well he should run as a republican and the people of his state should at least have the option of an actual democrat, that seems more democratic than blurring the lines.
    You cannot even disagree with trumps more regarded ideas and tropes without being called a rino but you don’t think manchin is a dino given how out of s ...[text shortened]... t party.
    He’s a republican, it’s obvious, a moderate republican perhaps but definitely a republican
    so you think the PEOPLE of that state shouldnt be able to vote for the one they want?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 May '22 15:33
    @kevcvs57 said
    The democrat leadership are a bunch of cowards who would rather have him vote for them some of the time than have him defect to GOP like he said he would do a couple of times.

Primary him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree