1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 12:551 edit
    Who wins an election is often no more important than who sets the agenda. Back in the 1990's Republicans such as Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Fred Thompson took a hard right stance in their policies and speeches, and the result- Bill Clinton was reelected in 1996. Independent and swing voters decide who stays in power, and these folks don't like radicals on either side of the partisan fence. Newly elected lawmakers such as Ocasio-Cortez, are making the same mistake that many in the GOP did in the 90's. Despite all of Trump's hateful actions and speeches, his approval numbers are now back up to the mid 40's, due in no small part to the Medicare for all, and green New Deal rhetoric from Cortez and Sanders. Tone it down a little Democrats, or you'll be on the outside looking in - again.

Speaking of which, I'm out of here for awhile - Bye! 🙂

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/413951-democrats-beware-we-are-leaning-left-too-far
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 14:56
    @mchill said
    Who wins an election is often no more important than who sets the agenda. Back in the 1990's Republicans such as Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Fred Thompson took a hard right stance in their policies and speeches, and the result- Bill Clinton was reelected in 1996. Independent and swing voters decide who stays in power, and these folks don't like radicals on either side of ...[text shortened]...

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/413951-democrats-beware-we-are-leaning-left-too-far
    Yes, keeping AOC silent would be a good thing.

Good luck with that.

The less people know about the Left wing agenda, the better.

Dolts like Omar and AOC need to tone down the anti-Semitic hate. Just hold it inside until you have a majority and then can implement a second Holocaust in Israel.

Keep the faith Lefties.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree