Conservative economics

Conservative economics

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
23 May 19
2 edits

It never ceases to amaze me how evangelical conservatives who claim to hold Christian values such as compassion for the poor, so dear, practice so little of what they preach. Frankly, I don't know how these people can look at themselves in the mirror.

This is the result of conservative trickle down economics.

Saez and Zucman's research on wealth inequality also found that 20% of American wealth is controlled by the top 0.1% of taxpayers - or about 170,000 families. The top 1% control about 39% of the country's wealth, and the bottom 90% hold only 26%, despite years of economic growth in the US overall.

"The pie has not become bigger" in the US, Zucman told Bloomberg. "It's just that a bigger slice is going to the top."

Go ahead Trump supporters - Tell us this is "fake news" You people make me sick!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/one-brutal-sentence-captures-what-a-disaster-money-in-america-has-become/ar-AABOnO4?ocid=spartandhp

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 May 19

"Conservative economics" = "You don't deserve this, but I do, so I'll just keep your money, and oh, yeah, get back to work."

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
24 May 19

@mchill said
It never ceases to amaze me how evangelical conservatives who claim to hold Christian values such as compassion for the poor, so dear, practice so little of what they preach. Frankly, I don't know how these people can look at themselves in the mirror.

Saez and Zucman's research on wealth inequality also found ...[text shortened]... /one-brutal-sentence-captures-what-a-disaster-money-in-america-has-become/ar-AABOnO4?ocid=spartandhp
Compassion, benevolence can only ever be voluntary. When the state does it it's just people responding to having a stick waved at them.

So don't play the compassion card, everything you stand for is against it.

Lake Como

Moves
24 May 19

@mchill said

Saez and Zucman's research on wealth inequality also found ...[text shortened]... /one-brutal-sentence-captures-what-a-disaster-money-in-america-has-become/ar-AABOnO4?ocid=spartandhp
God not another link to look up. Boring, man. I think the forum is to exchange ideas, with occasional entertainment from the curious Suzianne.

As to ‘Pie’, why do libs think there is one big pie. There are many pies, I have made a few of my own . Also, my friend Felix started a backpack production company last year, and I just invested a goodly amount in the company.

Query....Is that one new pie created,, or two? The liberal mind is ........ I just can’t think of a word. Restricted? On another thread today one of you says Trump is guilty of covering up until proven innocent. This is why I start some posts with ‘uhhhhh’......’

Then, there is Suzianne stuff.

Moves
24 May 19

@mchill said

are you wanting the govt to give you a piece of the pie? you really think that is the way it works?

You will never have your piece of the pie...its there,YOU have to get it.

Moves
24 May 19

@mott-the-hoople said
are you wanting the govt to give you a piece of the pie? you really think that is the way it works?

Here’s how it works. When the going gets to be too rough, the haves will have a choice to make: share our wealth willingly, or share our wealth unwillingly. The smart ones will know which choice is cheaper.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 May 19

@mott-the-hoople said

a typical worker would need to work for 158 years to earn what their CEOs earn in just one year.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/445436-ceo-pay-rising-twice-as-fast-as-worker-pay-ap

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 May 19

@mchill said

It’s incredible that those numbers have completely reversed in the less than two years since Mr Obama was in power.

P

Moves
24 May 19

@averagejoe1 said
God not another link to look up. Boring, man. I think the forum is to exchange ideas, with occasional entertainment from the curious Suzianne.

As to ‘Pie’, why do libs think there is one big pie. There are many pies, I have made a few of my own . Also, my friend Felix started a backpack production company last year, and I just invested a goodly amount in the com ...[text shortened]... n innocent. This is why I start some posts with ‘uhhhhh’......’

Then, there is Suzianne stuff.
Economic, trickle down conservatives seem to think that the only labor that counts is your own, the labor of the business owner. Workers can just be treated like indentured servants. The U.S. economy is going to quickly give way to China and India as our educational system continues to deteriorate along with public health. Uneducated unhealthy workers do not lead to economic growth in the 21st century. In addition, we are a consumer society. If the majority of workers can barely afford the basics, the smaller percentage of individuals with disposable income will not be great enough to support a consumer society. I believe it was Ford who realized he'd make more money if he produced vehicles that his workers could afford, not just luxury cars. Perhaps you are counting on selling goods and services to the rising middle class in China, India and Nigeria. If compassion doesn't move you, perhaps common sense economics will.

P

Moves
24 May 19

@js357 said
Here’s how it works. When the going gets to be too rough, the haves will have a choice to make: share our wealth willingly, or share our wealth unwillingly. The smart ones will know which choice is cheaper.
Nick Hanauer is a rich guy, an unrepentant capitalist — and he has something to say to his fellow plutocrats: Wake up! Growing inequality is about to push our societies into conditions resembling pre-revolutionary France. Hear his argument about why a dramatic increase in minimum wage is needed.

E

Moves
24 May 19
1 edit

Anyone wish to point to the scripture where Jesus says that governments should be used to put a gun at a person's head to take their money to fund social programs?

Anyone want to point to the Constitution and show me where the Constitution charges the either Congress or President to put a gun to the head of a US citizen to take money away from that person to provide for social programs?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 May 19

@eladar said
Anyone wish to point to the scripture where Jesus says that governments should be used to put a gun at a person's head to take their money to fund social programs?

Anyone want to point to the Constitution and show me where the Constitution charges the either Congress or President to put a gun to the head of a US citizen to take money away from that person to provide for social programs?
Mark 12:14-17

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxing_and_Spending_Clause

E

Moves
24 May 19
1 edit

@athousandyoung said

Jesus says to pay your taxes, but that is not what I asked. Do you need a personal explanation like so many kids who will never make it through college?

K

Germany

Moves
24 May 19

@athousandyoung said

Also Romans 13, but of course we shouldn't expect people like Eladar to have ever read the Bible.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 May 19

@eladar said
Jesus says to pay your taxes, but that is not what I asked. Do you need a personal explanation like so many kids who will never make it through college?
John 18:36