1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 12:11
    @metal-brain said
    Late Ordovician glaciation under high atmospheric CO2:

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1029/1999PA900021

I just proved CO2 does not cause global warming. The Pliocene being a lot warmer despite having about the same CO2 levels as today should have been enough to convince everyone, but the late Ordovician glaciation is undeniable proof.

It is ...[text shortened]... e late Ordovician glaciation and AGW theory and accept CO2 does not cause warming in the atmosphere.
    "I just proved CO2 does not cause global warming."
    Then in your nobel prize acceptance speech please say "To all the fools who doubted me from redhotpawn debate forums: "I told you so" "

I shall watch the news for this imminent event
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 12:16
    @metal-brain said
    @divegeester
    As if I didn't explain that perfectly.
    The late Freeman Dyson was a scientist. Does his opinion on climate science matter to you? Yes or no?
    "As if I didn't explain that perfectly."
    Ha! Not even close

"The late Freeman Dyson was a scientist. Does his opinion on climate science matter to you? Yes or no?"
    Does he say "I, with 0 background in anything related to climate science, have this personal opinion" ? Or does he say "The overwhelming consensus of the scientific community is this:"
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 12:24
    @divegeester said
    Yes there are different fields of science.

Your point is what?
    Talking to Metal Brain is like having one’s brain pulled from one’s arse.
    With ketchup.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 12:28
    @zahlanzi said
    "As if I didn't explain that perfectly."
    Ha! Not even close

"The late Freeman Dyson was a scientist. Does his opinion on climate science matter to you? Yes or no?"
    Does he say "I, with 0 background in anything related to climate science, have this personal opinion" ? Or does he say "The overwhelming consensus of the scientific community is this:"
    He was a well respected physicist. He is not a climate scientist.
    Does his opinion matter to you or are only climate scientist's opinions relevant to consensus?
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 12:43
    @zahlanzi said
    "I just proved CO2 does not cause global warming."
    Then in your nobel prize acceptance speech please say "To all the fools who doubted me from redhotpawn debate forums: "I told you so" "

I shall watch the news for this imminent event
    You don't get a nobel prize for pointing out a fact that has been pointed out by people before me and can be looked up by anybody who knows what to look for.

You probably didn't know cows have no upper teeth either, but I am not the first person to notice. I once moved to the city for a while and told people cow tipping was a myth. They didn't believe me at first because it was such a widespread false rumor. Even when I reminded them I grew up on a dairy farm there were still some that refused to believe it.

https://www.livescience.com/1956-study-gossip-trumps-truth.html

You are not basing your opinion on science. You are basing it on "but everybody says so". The truth is there is no consensus from climate scientists that man is the main cause of global warming and if you don't care about Dyson's opinion then the opinions of scientists is irrelevant.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 12:43
    @metal-brain said
    @shavixmir
    LOL!
    Did you do a poll to find out?
    Some people read my links to avoid embarrassing themselves. You have not learned that yet.

Late Ordovician glaciation under high atmospheric CO2:

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1029/1999PA900021

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022-11-10/international-hypocrisy-and-ignorance-conference-begins
    Who, who reads your crazy click bait links other than loonies like yourself desperate to find the link that finally proves they are not crazy and it was everyone else all the time. It’s a drug MB man up and go cold turkey.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 12:47
    @kevcvs57 said
    Who, who reads your crazy click bait links other than loonies like yourself desperate to find the link that finally proves they are not crazy and it was everyone else all the time. It’s a drug MB man up and go cold turkey.
    Can you explain the late Ordovician glaciation under high atmospheric CO2?
    Yes or no?
    If not, should we assume CO2 causes global cooling?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 12:58
    @metal-brain said
    @divegeester
    As if I didn't explain that perfectly.
    The late Freeman Dyson was a scientist. Does his opinion on climate science matter to you? Yes or no?
    What matters in regard to climate change are scientists who work in that field.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 13:03
    @metal-brain said
    You don't get a nobel prize for pointing out a fact that has been pointed out by people before me and can be looked up by anybody who knows what to look for.

You probably didn't know cows have no upper teeth either, but I am not the first person to notice. I once moved to the city for a while and told people cow tipping was a myth. They didn't believe me at first beca ...[text shortened]... l warming and if you don't care about Dyson's opinion then the opinions of scientists is irrelevant.
    "You don't get a nobel prize for pointing out a fact that has been pointed out by people before me and can be looked up by anybody who knows what to look for."
    Then they should be getting a nobel prize. Someone has to be acknowledged for an earthshattering discovery that invalidates what most of the scientific community is saying. They are respectable scientists with valid data to back up their claims, right? With years of study? Not just regular citizens "doing their own research"?

"You are not basing your opinion on science."
    Ya-huh.
    "You are basing it on "but everybody says so".
    Yes, every scientist.

"The truth is there is no consensus from climate scientists that man is the main cause of global warming"
    Yes, there is. Consensus can be reached without including absolutely every yahoo who thinks otherwises without evidence or someone getting paid a ton of money by large industries.

"if you don't care about Dyson's opinion then the opinions of scientists is irrelevant."
    Huh? How did you get to this awesome conclusion? It's rhetorical, i have no interest into how your conspiracy addled brain does hopscotch with logic
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 13:09
    @divegeester said
    What matters in regard to climate change are scientists who work in that field.
    That is what I thought. By that criteria there is no consensus that the main cause of global warming is man made. There never was.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 13:161 edit
    @metal-brain said
    That is what I thought. By that criteria there is no consensus that the main cause of global warming is man made. There never was.
    yes there is. Consensus between scientists who matter. A mathematician, no matter how brilliant who says "I don't feel this theory, ya know" without anything to back it up doesn't break consensus. He may be brilliant in his field but his opinion carry no more weight than the opinion of the most brilliant pianist, or the most brilliant plumber.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 13:18
    @zahlanzi said
    "You don't get a nobel prize for pointing out a fact that has been pointed out by people before me and can be looked up by anybody who knows what to look for."
    They are respectable scientists with valid data to back up their claims, right? With years of study? Not just regular citizens "doing their own research"?

"You are not basing your opinion on science."
    Ya-huh.
    " ...[text shortened]... It's rhetorical, i have no interest into how your conspiracy addled brain does hopscotch with logic
    There is no consensus from climate scientists that man is the main cause of global warming. Try to prove it and you will find out.

How many times were you told dark matter explained why galaxies don't fly apart? Dark matter alone cannot explain that. That might seem earth shattering to the people who are unaware of that, but I didn't discover that either. It has been known for a while. It isn't my fault the truth is slow to become known after so many years of a false explanation.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 13:22
    @zahlanzi said
    yes there is. Consensus between scientists who matter. A mathematician, no matter how brilliant who says "I don't feel this theory, ya know" without anything to back it up doesn't break consensus. He may be brilliant in his field but his opinion carry no more wait than the opinion of the most brilliant pianist, or the most brilliant plumber.
    No, you were told there is a consensus of scientists, not climate scientists.
    That is how they mislead you. They knew you would confuse the two and that is exactly what you did.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 13:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 13:37
    @metal-brain said
    There is no consensus from climate scientists that man is the main cause of global warming. Try to prove it and you will find out.

How many times were you told dark matter explained why galaxies don't fly apart? Dark matter alone cannot explain that. That might seem earth shattering to the people who are unaware of that, but I didn't discover that either. It has been ...[text shortened]... ile. It isn't my fault the truth is slow to become known after so many years of a false explanation.
    "There is no consensus from climate scientists that man is the main cause of global warming. Try to prove it and you will find out."
    Nope. Nobody is obligated to rehash, again and again, the same established science with someone who feels a need to see a conspiracy in everything and is quite literally the drunken hobo of the forum.

" How many times were you told dark matter explained why galaxies don't fly apart? Dark matter alone cannot explain that"
    We know more about how the climate works on our planet than how the entire fukin universe does.
    Well, most of us know. You are confident this analogy hit a home run and are having a celebratory self loving session ?(if ya know what i mean) marveling at your genius.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree