"China to overtake US as world's biggest economy by 2028, report predicts"

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
28 Dec 20
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Hmmmm....let's see.
1.4 billion versus 1/3 of a billion.
Which group would experience a larger population growth?
You really are grasping at straws now.
Whether it's 4.4 or whatever it's still retarded to say that that because it's economy will be larger than the US's in 8 years it's a big deal.
IT SHOULD be larger, it's got more than 4 times the population.

D

Moves
29 Dec 20
1 edit

😏

Moves
29 Dec 20

So 3 billion Chinese are still working in the rice paddy and living in a shack...
Don't be ashamed to say it.
It is what it is 😏

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
29 Dec 20

@cheesemaster said
@kevcvs57

Well said and true.
Are you trying to get me to remove my post.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
29 Dec 20
1 edit

@ashiitaka said
The problem is entitlement. As you have shown amply in this thread - because you had the better weapons (i.e. that you could do or take something), that that makes it inevitable, as though there's no reason to expect an iota of morality, restraint, or following 500 years of unimaginable destruction and suffering, at the very least some self-awareness. Europe is deepl ...[text shortened]... very way, at the expense of everyone else.

I'll say it one more time: Get over your fragile ego.
Get over your fragile ego and I’ll consider mine. Who the hell are you to judge anyone in that way? But to be fair the problem with your ego relates to its size not its fragility, I’m sure it’s more or less impermeable
You just described a whole continent of being ‘sick with privilege’ probably one of the most ignorant pieces of stereotyping I’ve seen on here for a while. Well done, not bad for privilege personified.

D

Moves
29 Dec 20

A

RSA

Moves
29 Dec 20

@kevcvs57 said
Get over your fragile ego and I’ll consider mine. Who the hell are you to judge anyone in that way? But to be fair the problem with your ego relates to its size not its fragility, I’m sure it’s more or less impermeable
You just described a whole continent of being ‘sick with privilege’ probably one of the most ignorant pieces of stereotyping I’ve seen on here for a while. Well done, not bad for privilege personified.
I said "sick with entitlement". It perfectly describes your criminal attitude and astounding lack of empathy in this thread.

Your problem is that, in this European-American dichotomy, you have been living on another planet about events and others' perceptions of you in a way that screams narcissism, and now that your bubble of delusion has been punctured and your hypocrisies highlighted, your wounded ego lashes out.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
30 Dec 20

@dood111 said
No because the US as a society and culture had morally evolved beyond that....thank God that Germany Japan or Russia hadn't invented The Bomb first because each of them would have gleefully dropped nukes by the truck load until they did take over the world.
No because the US as a society and culture had morally evolved beyond that....

This is the 2nd biggest piece idiocy I've heard in 10 years (just behind Mexico paying for a border wall) US society and culture is no more moral than any other country. May I remind you (to quote a James Bond film) "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" Walk a few miles in the shoes of other citizens in other countries for awhile, and you'll sing a very different tune. You're simply displaying your own ignorance by posting this trash.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Dec 20

@ashiitaka said
I said "sick with entitlement". It perfectly describes your criminal attitude and astounding lack of empathy in this thread.

Your problem is that, in this European-American dichotomy, you have been living on another planet about events and others' perceptions of you in a way that screams narcissism, and now that your bubble of delusion has been punctured and your hypocrisies highlighted, your wounded ego lashes out.
Your still talking nonsense though and your putting forward a racist argument.
If you want to talk about the West and it’s criminal actions try staying in the present there’s plenty of ‘grist for the mill’ there, but to stereotype present day Europeans for what their ancestors did during the European scramble for Empire and colony is simply wrong headed and while it may allow you to vent lyrical about people you are ignorant of it does nothing to address the inequity of the west’s post colonial attitude as we speak.

D

Moves
30 Dec 20

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Dec 20

I’ve no reason to not believe that so the question is why is ash calling out others for the same level of privilege that ash enjoys

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Dec 20

I’m not disputing anything I’ve fully agreed that the European colonial bloodletting and exploitation was a monstrosity I just don’t believe you can use it in order to stereotype Europeans of today.
What you can do is ask us to take responsibility for what our representative governments are doing now and there’s ample reason there for us Europeans to hang our heads and take any critique on the chin.

D

Moves
30 Dec 20
2 edits

D

Moves
30 Dec 20
3 edits

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Dec 20
1 edit

No I just demand that the mods act when you revert to your favourite tactics of lying about and blatantly misrepresenting what another poster has said. You should use your alerted and removed posts as pause for thought about your abominable and often downright racist behaviour on these forums.